Do you meet people here?

I signed up thinking this might be a place to find a woman to talk to online.

Surfing around, it seems like more discussion and not necessarily people meeting and talking?

I had the idea that it would be nice to meet someone online and talk a while.

Jim

• Shocked 1

IMO, this is more of an advice site, a place to get answers to your Qs rather than a place to connect IRL.  

• Like 1
poppyfields
On 3/14/2021 at 7:12 AM, James1098 said:

I signed up thinking this might be a place to find a woman to talk to online.

Surfing around, it seems like more discussion and not necessarily people meeting and talking?

I had the idea that it would be nice to meet someone online and talk a while.

Jim

It is a nice place to meet people, without the pressure of standard on line dating apps and sites.  Many couples have met this way, on this site and others.

You read their posts, can relate to how they think and feel about things, you can even sometimes feel a sort of mental energy with that person.  So you send a direct message (or they send one to you) and you begin chatting, having a general sense of who they are already.

However, that is not what this site is intended for, like d0nnivain said, it's an advice forum.  But just like with any platform where men and women are interacting, anything can happen.

Hi @James1098,

Great question! While LoveShack.org may seem an enticing place to connect with others and form intimate relationships, it most certainly is not that. In fact, we highly discourage private contact and restrict the ability of new members to connect privately for this very reason. People come here and talk about very personal things. This can often evoke feelings.

Have people formed meaningful relationships here? Yes, of course, as with any place that people gather, connections have been made. Does that mean this is a place designed to do that or that encourages that? Absolutely not.

You can learn more about the ways you can stay safe while participating on LoveShack.org and our recommendations when it comes to connecting privately at: https://www.loveshack.org/staying-safe/

Best,
Paul

• Like 1