What's with the intentional misspelling of certain words here?

1 hour ago, SaraSays said:

mvrder, s3xual . We're harmed daily through direct acts perpetuated by men against us

Just curious why these words are stylized this way? Also you seem to depict all men as heinous criminals. Just wondering about that as well. Seems almost like hate speech, no?

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 1
Just now, Wiseman2 said:

Also you seem to depict all men as heinous criminals. Just wondering about that as well.

Can you show me where I have please?

2 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Just curious why these words are stylized this way?

It’s what ppl do on FB to avoid the algorithm. It seems to have found its way onto other platforms too and become a signalling thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Prudence V said:

It’s what ppl do on FB to avoid the algorithm. It seems to have found its way onto other platforms too and become a signalling thing. 

I see it on twitter, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
38 minutes ago, Prudence V said:

1 minute ago, Angelle said:

I see it on twitter, too.

Thanks. Are these copy/paste from those platforms? Why use that stylizing? What does it "signal"? 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've split this out from the thread in which the question arose as an opportunity to clarify on this matter.

We expect that people will use appropriate terminology when discussing things, and that these terms will not be intentionally obfuscated. If using the words sex and murder is appropriate contextually in the thread in which you are participating, then we ask that you please type out the words correctly and without the introduction of intentional misspellings or letter/numeric substitutions.

Please do not intentionally misspell words. If the word you are using would not be appropriate spelled correctly, it is certainly not appropriate spelled incorrectly.

Your cooperation is appreciated! If you're not sure about something, please reach out privately.

Best,
Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1