Why does he ask if I'm jealous?

Hey everyone, I’ve got a question.. So this guy I liked and used to speak to got a girlfriend and started posting pictures of them on Snapchat (not of their face, but of him touching her leg) anc I messaged him because I wanted to talk to him, we were talking etc and he asked if I’m jealous it’s not me in the picture (of him touching her leg) and I said no, so he goes ok bye and blocked me but he keeps unblocking and blocking me and I messaged him again asking why he unblocked etc and he sent me a text that included another girls name, so I was like you got the wrong number? And he goes yep, I was like who’s that? He goes my ex (the girl he was touching in the photo) then he asks if I’m jealous again. I started thinking he pretended to text the wrong person to hurt me/make me jealous. What do you think? And do you think he’s trying to make me jealous or am I thinking into it too much? (We had a thing by the way, he asked me out a few times but I was too scared to meet up because I’m shy but I did like him) I feel like he’s doing it as a sort of punishment because I technically rejected... but I don’t know. Any ideas why he would ask if I’m jealous ? And do you think he purposely text me pretending it was the wrong person? Thanks (sorry if this doesn’t make sense and sounds like a load of rubbish)

My best guess is that he's asking because he wants you to be jealous.  He likes you & is looking for some sign from you that you are interested too.  His methodology screams immature but I think he likes you.  Whether you want to date somebody who pulls stunts like this & has such poor communication skills is up to you.  If is age is under 18 all is forgiven on the immaturity front.