Insecurity ruining my relationship

Noluck83

It's actually good to go into your own corners to kool off because the discussion has gone off the rails. Obviously she has struggles with expressing her self, and her brain goes into over load. it might be easier to keep your mouth shut, ...sometimes listening is better. Let her talk it all out before you jump in there to disagree. She just wants to be heard...

Edited by smackie9
Art.at.Heart
On 6/1/2021 at 6:46 AM, Wiseman2 said:

Actually she's doing the right thing. It's smart to cool off and regroup. Then revisit when cooler heads prevail.

People who escalate and drag arguments out are the ones who never resolve anything.

It's fine. Just go with that.

I think that depends on who you are. There are people who prefer to address topics in the moment and can do so in a mature and productive manner. They don't always drag arguments out.

Why is this in "Cheating, Flirting and Jealousy" board?    Was it put here accidentally?   Or is she walking out on you because you're making accusations relating to cheating etc?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

To me they arent even big arguments yet off she goes.

Bolded above is the operative phrase. Record yourself saying to her exactly how you say it to her and see if it's not a bit more harmful than you'll admit/accept. You're not on the receiving end of your tirade.

Edited by kendahke
Fletch Lives

She's doing the right thing. The best couples only have about 5 arguments a year. They discuss things calmly and realize that relationships are give and take, they are fair, and they pick their battles.

Edited by Fletch Lives