Does anyone have any tips for easing anxiety. Anxiety at anytime of the day, but also morning anxiety. Feel free also, to share any experiences of how you've overcome a time of anxiety. 

I take Ashwagandha when I'm feeling stressed out and anxious.  It's an herbal supplement that's widely available over the counter.  You can get it in capsules, I prefer the gummies.  Just google and you can read about it and see if you might be interested in giving it a try.

Deep breathing exercises and meditation are of course standard practices that help a lot of people.  

• Thanks 1

Look up EFT tapping. It is something my IC told me to do when I get anxious. Sometimes it takes several repeats but it works!  I’ll attach a link below. 

the IC told me it’s not something that can mess you up if you do it wrong....

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, MeadowFlower said:

Does anyone have any tips for easing anxiety. Anxiety at anytime of the day, but also morning anxiety. Feel free also, to share any experiences of how you've overcome a time of anxiety. 

Do you have a diagnosed anxiety disorder or is something happening in your life to give you anxiety? If you have a disorder, there are medications and therapies. If it's a situational anxiety, you can use several techniques to de-escalate your anxiety as it's happening. YouTube has a ton of info. 

• Thanks 1

@MeadowFlower

On 1/30/2021 at 12:36 PM, MeadowFlower said:

When I get my thoughts out onto paper, without restriction, in my own privacy, the feelings are released and even better, it becomes visible. Atleast then, I can look at it which makes it more likely for me to figure out what to do with it.  It can be difficult to make sense of how you feel when the thoughts just whirl around in your head..and that can cause anxiety.

Just start writing about how you feel and your day.  You might feel awkward at first and might restrict yourself so nothing will come to mind but if you keep that pen on the paper and keep writing, you might come to find, you have more to write about than you realize.   There you might find something.

Edited by Beachead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exercise is a natural means of anxiety relief, particularly yoga, which works to calm down the body, both physically and mentally. A good, brisk walk is great for helping you get out of your headspace. Coloring books, drawing, etc. are a useful distraction while listening to relaxing music (like classical music).

Edited by Alpaca
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Something from the world of athletics is CONTROLLED breathing.  When nerves (anxiety) start to manifest themselves, you need to control your breathing which will sort of "calm" yourself down overall.  Alpaca also has some good ideas with the exercise oriented anxiety relief.  Try slowing your breathing down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
World Peace Guy

Removing the "silver" (mercury) fillings from my teeth took away most of my anxiety. Magnesium helps me a lot as well.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, World Peace Guy said:

Removing the "silver" (mercury) fillings from my teeth took away most of my anxiety. Magnesium helps me a lot as well.

^^^This is a FIRST for me as far as hearing this.  I am still going to say control your breathing and immerse yourself into a great exercise routine.