Have you tried the exercise suggestion? What about the practice of mindful breathing? Yoga, for example, has been linked to improved sleep. Classical music is really soothing, too. 

If you're still taking medications that help with sleep and don't work, maybe there's another underlying condition you don't know about?

I have a very irregular schedule, and I too often find myself waking up in the middle of the night, but my doctor said that, as long as I get a full 8 hours of sleep within a 24-hour span, if it's a regular nap combined with a few hours of sleep at night, it's good.

Dont meditate!

I dont have it but things that may help Get therapy, it may be you got worries that keep you awake.

have shower before sleep, and a cup of tea,have a active life so your body is longing for bed.

Or workout few hours before bedtime.

• Author
43 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

Have you tried the exercise suggestion? What about the practice of mindful breathing? Yoga, for example, has been linked to improved sleep. Classical music is really soothing, too. 

If you're still taking medications that help with sleep and don't work, maybe there's another underlying condition you don't know about?

I have a very irregular schedule, and I too often find myself waking up in the middle of the night, but my doctor said that, as long as I get a full 8 hours of sleep within a 24-hour span, if it's a regular nap combined with a few hours of sleep at night, it's good.

I started guided meditation yesterday, with an app. Will definitely start excersizing or do yoga at home, once I get some decent sleep. After a month of getting around 3-4 h of sleep every night (before insomnia hit, I was getting around 9 h!) I am just beyond exhausted and can barely move my body. Taking a simple walk is a strain. 

I doubt that I have an underlying condition, but who knows. Have to wait for 3 weeks to get some blood tests done 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, EternalClarity said:

I started guided meditation yesterday, with an app. Will definitely start excersizing or do yoga at home, once I get some decent sleep. After a month of getting around 3-4 h of sleep every night (before insomnia hit, I was getting around 9 h!) I am just beyond exhausted and can barely move my body. Taking a simple walk is a strain. 

I doubt that I have an underlying condition, but who knows. Have to wait for 3 weeks to get some blood tests done 

Fantastic! It's definitely challenging to exercise when you are physically exhausted. No argument there!