What would you make of this? Why am I having these dreams?

Background: I dated a man for a short period of time, before we started dating I always passed his office window and we would always greet each other through the window.

Two months after we stopped meeting I started having these weird dreams about walking by his window. They were not exactly the same every time but they had that one thing in common, being on that street and walking past that window. 
Sometimes he was not in the window, and one time I recall I saw him and in my dream I focused on his wrist and his watch. Also remember another dream, in his seat was now someone else, a blonde woman. 
Al though she didn’t look like me face wise I thought ‘well, maybe that’s me, putting myself first and taking my seat’.

After having these dreams several times, connected to his window and that street. I got fed up and decided to walk past his window one day on my way back home, wanted to see if my subconscious thought I avoided it and therefore sent me the dreams for some reason. He wasn’t there. 
I walked by recently again and a blonde woman was sitting in his seat, or former seat, I don’t know if he changed offices. 

Then I had this weird dream about him and a blonde woman with red lipstick (not the one in the previous dream or in real life), and I don’t remember details but they were together in the dream and I felt rejected.

Now, this is frustrating because I rarely thought about him before the dreams, and I don’t miss him or think positively or negatively about him. I did think our connection was intriguing because,
we shared the same amount of letters in first and last name, I would think of things and then he would say those exact words shortly after, and we developed this strange red mark on the exact same spot on our bodies. 

Now the latest dream I’ve had of this scenario, involved me seeing him in a new smaller window further down the street, And I actually saw all of him this time. Then I saw him sitting up and sleeping in the old window. 

I would be really happy to hear what you think about this. What do you think it could mean? It's getting to be a little too much, you know

I think he got a promotion. 

You walking past his window to get rid of the dreams was smart.  I would have done the same thing.

I think the small window is him being more closed off from you.  Your mind is getting rid of him.  Just be done,  It will fade in time.