Is there a way to see a list of people who have ignored you?

Happy Lemming
6 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Simple easy feature to use .

If I may expand upon your post... Is there a way to see a list of people who have ignored you??  It seems a waste of time to read someone's post and respond to it, if they have you ignored and won't see your response??

As an example, let's say user "XYZ" has me on his/her ignore list and this individual posts something I wish to respond to.  Well... they will never see my response.  It would be nice (for me) to have the ability to ignore "XYZ", so I don't waste my time reading his/her post in the first place.

If not a list, perhaps a notification... "XYZ" has just ignored you, do you wish to add "XYZ" to your ignore list??  I'm wondering if that is something that can be "turned on" in the software or a user setting??

Thoughts?? Opinions?? Perhaps this is more of a question for the moderators or Paul??

54 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

Thoughts?? Opinions??

I agree, I've thought about that before.  But since we all read the comments, others would still get to see your response so it's not like it would be completely wasted.  I learn a lot from reading some threads to which I never post, but still gain interesting insight into the differences among people.     

I've never understood blocking someone.  Personally I like to see the differing opinions, including to my own posts, whether or not I would ever agree with them.  Abusive or out of line responses are usually removed fairly quickly.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FMW said:

I agree, I've thought about that before.  But since we all read the comments, others would still get to see your response so it's not like it would be completely wasted.  I learn a lot from reading some threads to which I never post, but still gain interesting insight into the differences among people.     

I've never understood blocking someone.  Personally I like to see the differing opinions, including to my own posts, whether or not I would ever agree with them.  Abusive or out of line responses are usually removed fairly quickly.  

That's what I've always done - focus on the post, not the poster. You can learn something from literally anyone, whoever they are, whoever they present to be. 

• Like 5
On 12/13/2020 at 8:53 AM, Pumaza said:

But someone here with mental issues ,who has been spamming every where with same kinda topics, reported me on a post she clearly ddnt understand.And i recieved a warning.😐👎🏽

Oh dear 😬. With respect, the kind of stuff you're saying here might be why you've received a warning in the first place? Not sure it's a good idea to describe a fellow poster in that way, especially on the open forum. Just saying...

• Like 2
On 12/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Happy Lemming said:

If I may expand upon your post... Is there a way to see a list of people who have ignored you?

All devices and social media and messaging apps have privacy setting, as well as keeping spam, unwanted content, etc. out of view through blocking.

Even social media as user-exploitative and datamining oriented as FB has privacy settings and blocking features. None of these devices or social media or messaging apps inform the person who is deleted/blocked.

I surely wouldn't want my email provider to send notifications to email senders I've reported as spam.

People are responsible for what they allow into their consciousness. For example I would not move in next to a frat house with all the cacophony and noise I really don't want to hear.. But then again I have locks on my house and cars... go figure.🙂

• Like 3

For me it's not particularly important whether or not the OP replies. Or whether or not I'm on their ignore list. For one, many people read threads. It's not just about the OP. Other people who might have similar problems are also reading. Or those that are just interested to read the opinions on that certain topic.

Also many people don't seem to feel all that comfortable going against the group. So if there's one common stream of thought going on you open the door for others to feel more at ease to share their opinions if you break the trend so to speak. So the OP sometimes ends up getting input along the lines of what you said from other posters who aren't on the ignore list. So at the end of the day mission accomplished.

If there was some kind of notification system about ignore lists it would probably just end up being used as a petty tool against others, like the laugh emoji was. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, gaius said:

If there was some kind of notification system about ignore lists it would probably just end up being used as a petty tool against others, like the laugh emoji was.

Agree. It may make things more streamlined to read without the noise.

It's not important who blocks whom or why. It's simply a  feature of almost any internet site.

• Like 2
Ruby Slippers
On 12/13/2020 at 11:21 AM, FMW said:

I've encountered some posters who post only very negative, antagonistic content but for whatever reason their content stands. I've put them on my ignore list because their content has zero value for me. This was more common in the past. 

Recently I ignored a poster who seemed to be following me around and repeatedly posting antagonistic comments about my last relationship, judgment, etc. It wasn't helpful in any way, felt like a schoolyard bully. The harassment may persist, but now I can't see it so I don't care. 

• Like 2

I didn’t even know we could do that. There was one poster several months back who became very nasty towards me, twisting previous posts of mine to make invalid points. She ended up having her posts removed/edited by the moderators here. But I would have blocked her if I knew we could and moderators weren’t editing her posts. 

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

In my opinion, HL, your post has value even if the person does not see it. All that matters is that other people can see that you are right and they are wrong. Hehe. 

Edited by Shortskirtslonglashes
  • Thanks 1