question about communicating - uploading documents?

Sorry if this is covered somewhere and I’m just being lazy but a new LS member needing help with family matters would like to share her written timeline of events. I have no issues, but is it possible? In the journal section maybe? I cannot see a way to attach a file, for example, in messages. 

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Edited by merrmeade
  • Like 1

If you are PMing and she wants all this private advice, why not do it off site via messaging? Do not open the doc.

Be extremely careful about opening docs on your devices from strangers. How do you know it's not malware?

On 12/7/2020 at 3:32 PM, merrmeade said:

Sorry if this is covered somewhere and I’m just being lazy but a new LS member needing help with family matters would like to share her written timeline of events. I have no issues, but is it possible? In the journal section maybe? I cannot see a way to attach a file, for example, in messages. 

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

I don’t believe attaching a file is something the new format supports. 

I suggest editing the text to exclude any and all personally identifying information, and copy/pasting as plain text. 

I would also advise them to review the community guidelines, particularly the section that discusses privacy. 

“Participants are reminded to use extreme caution when posting personally identifiable information on the site or when sending private messages. We recommend that you not disclose information that can be later used by others to identify you.

For your own protection and the privacy and security of all of our guests, personal or personally identifiable information such as the following may not be included within submissions to the forum:

E-mail addresses

Instant message contact information (screen names, usernames, etc.)

Telephone numbers

Mailing addresses

Bank account numbers

Passwords, usernames, or access codes

Please post judiciously about your personal matters. In most cases, once a post has received replies, we will not be able to comply with later requests for the thread's removal, as it would be unfair to those participants who took the time to respond thoughtfully to the topic at hand. Your post should be considered a permanent addition to the LoveShack.org forum, accessible by anyone on the Internet. For this reason we discourage members from providing details that would make them easily identifiable to friends, family members, etc. LoveShack.org is committed to protecting your privacy, and it is something that you should take care to protect as well. We also recommend that carefully weigh these considerations before using a picture which can personally identify you as an avatar.”

• Thanks 1