Am I over reacting?

Ninjakittie

Okay, I really have no one to talk to about this matter but I'm wondering If I'm over reacting by being upset...

So me and my partner were playing on a video game we have a 4 year old daughter whobwas at my grandma's house next door for me and my partner to have some quality time together anyways we were trying to defeat the boss and kept losing partner kept blaming me for being s*** kept telling me 'your not an idiot are you??' then the phone rings it's my grandmother phoning to say my daughter's ready to come home I go to answer the phone and he snatches the phone right out of my hand and throws it across the phone telling me to 'f*** off!!' then proceeds to tell me we need to finish the game I tell him that daughters ready to come home and he says 'oh f*** that right now she can wait!!' so I'm upset barely speaking to him now he's guilt tripping me ibevause I'm angry/upset over it and this kind of thing happens alot... Am I just overly sensitive as he keeps telling me I am? 

50 minutes ago, Ninjakittie said:

he snatches the phone right out of my hand and throws it across the phone telling me to 'f*** off!!' then proceeds to tell me we need to finish the game I tell him that daughters ready to come home and he says 'oh f*** that right now she can wait!!' 

Is he abusive in other ways to you, your child and your family? 

• Like 1

His behavior popped some red flags for you or you wouldn't have come out here to ask about this. If he only did this once every so often when he was playing video games, that would be one thing (and still wrong, but he could use the excuse "in the heat of the moment.") If this is regular behavior, especially in the presence of your daughter, or worse, directed toward you or your daughter, then it needs to be addressed with him before it escalates. Hopefully, he'll mature with age. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Ninjakittie said:

Okay, I really have no one to talk to about this matter but I'm wondering If I'm over reacting by being upset...

So me and my partner were playing on a video game we have a 4 year old daughter whobwas at my grandma's house next door for me and my partner to have some quality time together anyways we were trying to defeat the boss and kept losing partner kept blaming me for being s*** kept telling me 'your not an idiot are you??' then the phone rings it's my grandmother phoning to say my daughter's ready to come home I go to answer the phone and he snatches the phone right out of my hand and throws it across the phone telling me to 'f*** off!!' then proceeds to tell me we need to finish the game I tell him that daughters ready to come home and he says 'oh f*** that right now she can wait!!' so I'm upset barely speaking to him now he's guilt tripping me ibevause I'm angry/upset over it and this kind of thing happens alot... Am I just overly sensitive as he keeps telling me I am? 

That's what abusive people often say- it's your own fault. And abused people minimise abuse too. That's how it happens, eroding someone's perception and confidence.

He sounds obnoxious. At the least he could own his behaviour and apologise for upsetting you. 

I've been where you are, and it got significantly worse before I threw him out. 

Get rid of the game console at least!

• Like 1