Can you edit your question if you are a paying member

EvangelineVincent

I can’t edit my question now that it’s posted and it’s been a few days.

If I was a paying member would that give me the chance to edit it ? 

Ive tried reporting it and seeing if a moderator can let me edit, nothing.

If you're referring to this thread/post:

Generally, once a thread/post is made and responses are published, substantive editing is only permitted and performed by moderation in case of identifiable personal information. I was a moderator for eight years and additional editing privileges were  not part of the perks of being a paying member. AFAIK that hasn't changed. I sent a message to moderation to move the thread to our Questions and Comments forum since it refers to the function of the web site. I would expect them to answer with current policy. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Hi there! 

We've been in contact privately, yet posting a response here for others who might have a similar question.

22 hours ago, EvangelineVincent said:

I can’t edit my question now that it’s posted and it’s been a few days.

You can edit your posts within a reasonably short period after making them, to correct or clarify any mistakes or typographical errors. If you need to revise or clarify something after that limit has passed, it's best to do so in a reply to your thread, so that those who have been following along know that there has been a change.

If you'd like to make a revision after the editing time has expired, you can use the flag feature to alert moderators to an issue. Please include the exact revision(s) you'd like to make in your message and any context you feel might be important. Only you know what needs to be changed, and we'll need you to supply exact instructions or revised copy.

Sometimes people want to get a few replies to their posts, and then remove the posts from the community. We don't think this is fair to those who have taken the time to compose a reply. We encourage you to be as anonymous as possible. For more on how you can stay safe when using LoveShack.org, see our Staying Safe guide. We detail options there for those who may realize they've overshared.

22 hours ago, EvangelineVincent said:

If I was a paying member would that give me the chance to edit it ? 

No, once the time limit for editing your post has elapsed, you'll need to reach out to us privately to make any additional edits. Premium Subscriptions come with a variety of perks as our way of saying thanks, yet we apply our policies equally to all participants, regardless of whether or not they choose to support the community.

Best,
Paul

• Like 2