30's women, how many are flat out turned off with hair thinning at the back, and how many are fine with it?

I am specifically asking 30's women.  I realize much older women are probably more accepting.  I am 41 but generally do best socially with early 30s women.  I think the youngest is 29.  Women usually guess my age at around 35.  I am a naturally confident guy but admit that I have the typical MPB spot at the back that is about 1" round that is thin.  I don't have a massive chrome cap on the back of my head but it's obvious none the less.  Obviously it bothers me a bit or I would not post about it.  

Otherwise I am very healthy, in shape, a runner, good teeth, attractive, etc.  

I hear women say all the time (I think many lie about it) "it's more about the person".....lol  Yet 90% of the guys that score much younger women either have a huge bank account or have all their hair!  You can nearly write this to the letter.  

I just cannot quite figure out where women draw the line?  I have asked somewhere else before and responses were mostly "just shave it!"....  Like I HAVE plenty of hair and looking me from the front, you would have no idea.  I am not about to shave my head or even buzz it.  I am just trying to get some honest responses from the age group I am most interested in.  

It's not "more about the person" on OLD, that's for sure!  Women lie because they don't want to seem vain.

As for getting bald, what I can say is, which I have heard from so many women - if you're going bald, embrace it and shave your head!

There's no way women find attractive a guy who is trying to conceal his baldness.  The absolute worst thing a guy can do is comb it over! 

• Like 4
CautiouslyOptimistic

I dated someone once with a big bank account and thinning hair and he still did the hair replacement surgery.  It's not an either/or.  Some women actually love bald men.  Just be yourself. If someone is so concerned about your hair that she won't give you a chance, she's not the women for you, clearly.  

• Like 1
  • Author

Man,  these are the only responses I can ever get.  I am neither concealing anything, or going "bald".....  I have a spot in the back.  Not huge, and just thinner there.  

I am NOT going to shave my head for this, and I highly doubt any woman that met me would tell me that.  Hell even my hair dresser says "you have plenty of hair".....

I just want to get down to where the line is drawn?  This is probably little different than when people consider someone "average" vs "fat"....  there is a line and I want to know where that is for women that care.  

CautiouslyOptimistic
2 minutes ago, cousineddy said:

Man,  these are the only responses I can ever get.  I am neither concealing anything, or going "bald".....  I have a spot in the back.  Not huge, and just thinner there.  

I am NOT going to shave my head for this, and I highly doubt any woman that met me would tell me that.  Hell even my hair dresser says "you have plenty of hair".....

I just want to get down to where the line is drawn?  This is probably little different than when people consider someone "average" vs "fat"....  there is a line and I want to know where that is for women that care.  

News flash:  All women are different.  There is LITERALLY no answer to your question.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
10 hours ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

News flash:  All women are different.  There is LITERALLY no answer to your question.

there is actually, 30 something WOMEN that care to comment on their preferences.  I find this to be a subject women don't even want to engage, but they are fine saying "I want a guy with huge muscles".....  

Sort of asking a guy what kind of body type they like.  Sure they they might 'settle' for something else, but every guy has an idea what they are good with and what they are not on that front.  

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Removed inappropriate language.
CautiouslyOptimistic
10 hours ago, cousineddy said:

there is actually, 30 something WOMEN that care to comment on their preferences.  I find this to be a subject women don't even want to engage, but they are fine saying "I want a guy with huge muscles".....  

Sort of asking a guy what kind of body type they like.  Sure they they might 'settle' for something else, but every guy has an idea what they are good with and what they are not on that front.  

I'm 47, but I was once a women in my thirties.  And I will tell you, how much hair a man had on his head was never something I thought about when evaluating attractiveness.  Again, I will say it.....not all women are the same!  I was way more unattracted to hairy backs or a man who did things like shave his arms and get rid of all of the hair on the rest of his body.  But, that's just me.  Other women would say differently.  All women are different.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

This is literally like coming here and asking if a man would ever be attracted to a flat chested woman.  Plenty of men are not "boob men" and like small boobs.  Other men like big boobs.  It is what it is.....we are all different.

• Like 1

I'm 44, was also 30, and 20 once. I never cared about thinning hair or baldness. 

But like attracts like. Since you're focused on "scoring much younger women," an exercise of the ego, you're on the same wavelength as women who are very focused on superficial qualities and more likely to have a problem with it.

Women who care about it do. Women who don't don't. 

Accept and embrace it, or treat it however you can, but don't try to cover it up by wearing a hat indoors or other nonsense. That's transparent, a flashing sign of insecurity. 

• Like 5
CaliforniaGirl
23 minutes ago, cousineddy said:

Look, if you're not making any traction then no answers we give you about a "line" will help anyway. If younger women are not responding it may not be about your hair. It may be something else.

TBH, in my 20s and 30s I always wanted someone pretty close to my age...it didn't matter as much how young, old or whatever he looked. 

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
3 minutes ago, Ruby Slippers said:

Since you're focused on "scoring much younger women," an exercise of the ego, you're on the same wavelength as women who are very focused on superficial qualities and more likely to have a problem with it.

Good insight, Ruby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

I'm 47, but I was once a women in my thirties.  And I will tell you, how much hair a man had on his head was never something I thought about when evaluating attractiveness.  Again, I will say it.....not all women are the same!  I was way more unattracted to hairy backs or a man who did things like shave his arms and get rid of all of the hair on the rest of his body.  But, that's just me.  Other women would say differently.  All women are different.

I haven't met a woman yet who finds it a turn on.  I think pretty much every woman is the same in that regard! 🤣

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
3 minutes ago, Trail Blazer said:

I haven't met a woman yet who finds it a turn on.  I think pretty much every woman is the same in that regard! 🤣

I have a friend (granted, we are in our forties), who will only date bald men.....and she's willing to ask them to shave their heads for her....

Edited by CautiouslyOptimistic
  • Like 1
CaliforniaGirl
Just now, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

I have a friend (granted, we are in our forties), who who only date bald men.....and she's willing to ask them to shave their heads for her....

Scottie doesn't know, Scottie doesn't know, Scottie doesn't know-oh...don't tell Scottie...

FWIW, I think that poster was answering the hairy back comment, though.

• Thanks 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Scottie doesn't know, Scottie doesn't know, Scottie doesn't know-oh...don't tell Scottie...

Oh :). 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

I have a friend (granted, we are in our forties), who will only date bald men.....and she's willing to ask them to shave their heads for her....

I meant to embolden the hairy back part of your quote but it didn't work for some reason.  Sure, quite a few women like bald heads, but hairy backs on the other hand...

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Your observational skill are astute. 😁

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, CautiouslyOptimistic said:

That's interesting!  Granted, I'm only in my 30s, and thankfully a full head of jet black hair (with the a couple of gray strands having come through just recently! 😢🤣). 

So, if hypothetically your friend were to date me, there's no way I'd let her near my head with the clippers!  Well, not unless she let me clipper her in that spot... 😝

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Trail Blazer said:

We all know that a full head of thick hair is the ideal. However, a bald man who doesn't let that distract him from being a badass is hot. And it has nothing to do with the hair or no hair, really.

Look at Joe Rogan, and Putin... being bald/almost bald sure doesn't shake their confidence. It probably did at some point, but they finally accepted it, embraced it, and rock it.

• Like 1

Men overvalue the importance of things like this, like their dick size. Sure, some women are size queens and some women will only date Ken dolls. And some care more about the character of the man than his parts and packaging.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, cousineddy said:

I’m not in your target demographic...

i recall a frirnd of mine had something similar happen in the back of his head his hair is head his hair naturally covered but if you lift it up it showed a quarter size bald spot.

something I came across accidentally....take vitamin A and zcalcium tablets with vitamin D and your thinking hair might start to grow back.

39,-year-old woman here. My partner is 53, together nearly 6 years. 

He's got a good head of hair, maybe thinning a bit on top but it's something I barely notice. He notices it far more than I do. I have dated men who were bald, had receding hairlines, what not. Some women care, others don't. 

It's likely that they're not as fixated on it as you are though, OP. We all tend to be our own worst critics and magnify our perceived "flaws" in our own minds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Author

Yeah, seems like this will be the same sort of thread.  People chiming in on "just rock what ya got" and that was not the point of the thread.  

As well, apparently to everyone here, you either have a full head of hair or you are BALD......  There is quite a range between those two extremes and I think I have said several times now, I am not about to shave my head.  If some gorgeous woman told me to do that, it would be a deal breaker.  

I am simply asking about the thinning area in the back, which is pretty much the hallmark of "dude is getting older".....  It is just funny that people are so different online rather than real life.  I have sat in so many girl convos and heard what women REALLY think, yet they will not say that here?  Women look for gray hair, body hair, missing hair, beard quality, etc, etc, but when you get online, "we just want to find a good person"......lmao......  No, women are looking for certain traits.  I already know being ultra fit is one of them, even if they eat Doritos for lunch.  

It is a reality that women choose not to share their true marks online.  I guess I am a VERY blunt person anymore and I don't get too wound about the 'formality' of being polite because I think politeness tapers off quickly in partnerships and reality soon creeps in.  I could say "she is really a nice person", or I could give my honest go which is "she is really a nice person but she is 50# over weight, smokes like a freight train, and is flat chested".....  But of course that is just not polite.  

I am not looking for nice responses, I am looking for honest responses for 30's women.  As far as me being focused on "superficial qualities", not really, I am just being honest and forward that I don't gel well with women my age, or don't wish to.  Everyone may age has been through lots of drama, and I would rather mingle with women that have dealt with a bit less and have a little more energy.  I just prefer younger women!  Some women my age consider it an insult, or being arrogant, but I just mingle better with a little younger women. 

3 hours ago, cousineddy said:

30's women, how many are flat out turned off with hair thinning at the back, and how many are fine with it?

Some are fine with it and some aren't, since women aren't a uniform collective in what they find attractive or otherwise.

For example one of my women friends has always been attracted to men who are bald and or balding.

Whereas my wife has always been repulsed by men who are balding or bald.

While there are others who don't mind either way.

That said do try to be more comfortable with who you are, and don't worry about some people not being attracted to you.

• Like 1