to rejuvenate, or not to rejuvenate....

OKay, at 66 I could do facial exersizes an look younger,  my complexion is no longer dewy, but you can lift the face by working the muscles, looks 40-ish, not so bad 

See, after a bad love affair I ended up blaming my sexualised persona, whereas, had we been freinds, I'd have been better off, not hurt - in fact I have applied this to all men and felt safer, as  I don't want to be desired, but simply liked.

But now I want to look a bit better. Tired of what I see in the mirror.  

Any thoughts?  Please leave your age and gender in your reply. Thanks.

Edited by deepthinking
  • Author
2 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Consult a plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

can only afford facial excersizes as they are free, but good actually

Datingdisabled

I'm 37 and although I'm not at a place right now where I want to get dressed up and wear make up, I do a lot of skin care. I have anti aging Retna a facial masks, I get botox 2x a year, I wash, tone and moisturize my face, I treat my hair with expensive shampoo, leave in conditioner and oils. I have other minor treatments schedule such as a vampire face life and more face to my lower face as well as cheek fillers. I don't care if people don't like it, I did it for myself. I had a big delay with plans because this guy went to extreme measures to hurt me and succeeded. He also had someone going to meet me at my work and I could feel another blow coming on. I'm not suffering as much as I would had this happened months ago and the new reality for me is that he's happy with another. Despite everything, atleasts one has it and I'm happy for him. I'm getting a dog as I went for a rescue and submitted paperwork to be matched with a dog. I will not choose, I'll let them decide what dog suits me best. I am doing this now because maybe in a few years, I will want to look good again. I will thank myself when I'm older. For those of you who make fun of us Botox females, I know a few in real life and they haven't impressed me enough to care. These real life don't go on forums like this. These real men would be more valuable to me then opinions of men online too! 

Edited by Datingdisabled

Facial exercises are not going to do a lot, OP. They're more of a gimmick than a true solution to lifting and tightening, being closer to a facial massage than a true exercise that tones muscle. 

I'm 39 now, and the best thing I've done for my skin is use SPF 30 on my face for the last several years (I'd worn SPF 15 in my teens and early 20's, and switched to 30 when I was around 25)  I wear sunglasses outside. I avoid direct sun where I can. I eat well, drink plenty of water and work out regularly. I try to sleep well although I admit I don't get as much as I should. Drinking water and watching your sodium intake is critical, as it can help reduce bloating that can give the face a puffy appearance. Skin will always benefit from good nutrition anyway. 

As datingdisabled mentioned above, retinol-based products can be very effective for their anti-aging benefits. They can't really lift the skin, but they can work in reducing the appearance of fine links, discoloration and so on. There are several OTC products containing mild doses of retinol that can help, or a doctor can prescribe you the stronger stuff that will really produce a measurable, visible result. 

More drastic results can generally only be yielded at a dermatologist's or surgeon's office. There's only so much a topical treatment or face massage could do to provide a "lifted" effect. 

• Author
3 hours ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Facial exercises are not going to do a lot, OP. They're more of a gimmick than a true solution to lifting and tightening, being closer to a facial massage than a true exercise that tones muscle. 

I'm 39 now, and the best thing I've done for my skin is use SPF 30 on my face for the last several years (I'd worn SPF 15 in my teens and early 20's, and switched to 30 when I was around 25)  I wear sunglasses outside. I avoid direct sun where I can. I eat well, drink plenty of water and work out regularly. I try to sleep well although I admit I don't get as much as I should. Drinking water and watching your sodium intake is critical, as it can help reduce bloating that can give the face a puffy appearance. Skin will always benefit from good nutrition anyway. 

As datingdisabled mentioned above, retinol-based products can be very effective for their anti-aging benefits. They can't really lift the skin, but they can work in reducing the appearance of fine links, discoloration and so on. There are several OTC products containing mild doses of retinol that can help, or a doctor can prescribe you the stronger stuff that will really produce a measurable, visible result. 

More drastic results can generally only be yielded at a dermatologist's or surgeon's office. There's only so much a topical treatment or face massage could do to provide a "lifted" effect. 

My facial excersizes did work. Sorry, but you must have not done them right.

46 minutes ago, deepthinking said:

My facial excersizes did work. Sorry, but you must have not done them right.

I don't do facial exercises. 

If they work for you, keep doing what you're doing. What advice were you looking for?

• Author
29 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

I don't do facial exercises. 

If they work for you, keep doing what you're doing. What advice were you looking for?

whether to be younger-looking or not  ... old means friendship from men younger means lust.

1 minute ago, deepthinking said:

whether to be younger-looking or not  ... old means friendship from men younger means lust.

Ah. That wasn't clear from your initial post. 

Nearly everyone wants to maintain a youthful appearance, but not so much that it looks artificial or otherwise unnatural. I would say, as a woman, to be the healthiest and most vibrant version of yourself as opposed to trying to look "young." Taking good care of yourself will show in your face and body, and doing what you want to feel good about yourself will show too - whether that's a little jab with Botox here and there, a peel, or whatever else you do to practice self-care. I think we all need to be realistic with our expectations, though. A 50-year-old is never going to convincingly pass for someone 25 years younger, for example. And that's perfectly fine. You being the best version of you is what will attract the right sort of man into your life. 

Attracting a man who's only responding to youthful lust would wear off as soon as the Botox does. 

Datingdisabled
22 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Ah. That wasn't clear from your initial post. 

Nearly everyone wants to maintain a youthful appearance, but not so much that it looks artificial or otherwise unnatural. I would say, as a woman, to be the healthiest and most vibrant version of yourself as opposed to trying to look "young." Taking good care of yourself will show in your face and body, and doing what you want to feel good about yourself will show too - whether that's a little jab with Botox here and there, a peel, or whatever else you do to practice self-care. I think we all need to be realistic with our expectations, though. A 50-year-old is never going to convincingly pass for someone 25 years younger, for example. And that's perfectly fine. You being the best version of you is what will attract the right sort of man into your life. 

Attracting a man who's only responding to youthful lust would wear off as soon as the Botox does. 

Botox wears off after six months. Everyone who does Botox knows the results are not permanent. 

2 minutes ago, Datingdisabled said:

Botox wears off after six months. Everyone who does Botox knows the results are not permanent. 

Yes, that was exactly my point. 

Datingdisabled
9 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Yes, that was exactly my point. 

And you have to be careful now since there are some places advertising longer results. I only get my injections from reputable places with injectors that have them done too. If an injector is injecting Botox but doesn't get Botox, I don't use them. This is also something that can go wrong for you! I have a good injector. I got 79 units the last time. 

Datingdisabled
9 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

I don't use Botox personally, but yes, I absolutely agree that one needs to do their research before selecting a provider. 

If it helps you sound very intelligent and I wish I could write like you. I like reading your posts the most on this forum. You sound very articulate and intelligent.

21 minutes ago, Datingdisabled said:

If it helps you sound very intelligent and I wish I could write like you. I like reading your posts the most on this forum. You sound very articulate and intelligent.

Thank you, datingdisabled. That's very kind of you! 

• Like 1
Datingdisabled
47 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Thank you, datingdisabled. That's very kind of you! 

What would I do to be good at writing? Should I just read more? Should I attend some writing courses online? I don't have interest for it because I make sufficient earnings and I have a pretty good future and life. I don't really care too much about attracting people to me by impressing them with my writing but one day, a man will come into my life and I will want to text him. 

Edited by Datingdisabled