Sexism agianst men. does it exist?

18 hours ago, pepperbird said:

Male circumcision is really no different than female

Not remotely, from a medical point of view. Male circumcision is basically a cosmetic procedure, involving the removal of some extraneous foreskin. 

Female “circumcision” (ie FGM) is a functional destruction of female external genitalia. It involves the excision of the clitoris, aimed at preventing women from orgasm, and the removal of one set of labia and the sewing together of the other set, to close up the vagina. In some cases a tiny opening is left to allow menses to pass through when the girl reaches puberty, but in other cases, not. 

The explicit aim is to control female sexuality, to prevent girls / women enjoying sex and having sex. When a girl / woman marries, her husband slices open her vagina with a weapon, so that he can have sex with her. 

Male circumcision and FGM are worlds apart which is why the terminology changed for FGM, to show that it wasn’t the frivolous procedure that male circumcision is and that any equivalence was false. 

Circumcision or any cosmetic procedure (like piercing a baby girl’s ears) on an infant, or anyone else without their informed consent is wrong, IMV, but equating a minor procedure like male circumcision with life altering, life threatening FGM is disingenuous. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, pepperbird said:

and what sort of community support existed for him? 

I’ve no idea what you mean by this. Do you mean, did his friends support him? I already answered that in my post. His fiancée dumped him, his male “friends” subjected him to homophobic abuse. Not sure what else you’re asking about. 

12 hours ago, Timshel said:

Since we are currently discussing television as a euphemism for real life sexism, here's mine.  I recently watched season one and season two of Handmaiden.  At the last episode of season two I have decided to not continue.  I don't give a hoot what happens next, the writers went off into a ditch that they couldn't possibly recover with any integrity.

The original season of The Handmaid’s Tale was based on the Margaret Atwood novel, but the second season was written by screenwriters eager to capitalise on the success of the first. It stopped being the real thing after season 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/29/2020 at 12:53 AM, basil67 said:

Female teacher and male student depends on the ages.  I've known men who, when younger, high-fived their 17yo mate for bagging the hot 23yo teacher.   While men do this, the issue remains one which nobody will take seriously.   Contrast that with a 14yo boy and she'll be going to jail no matter what.  I don't know anyone who would take the latter lightly.

The whole area of teacher-student “relationships” (abuse) is complex, because of those kinds of attitudes, for all genders. Looking back now at what happened when we were kids at school I’m appalled - it would be criminal by today’s standards - but at the time it was a badge of honour for the primary school girls (12 years old, so not prepubescent) who got kissed or felt up by the attractive male teacher while queuing to have their homework checked. It gave them bragging rights and they were certified “hot”.

At high school, there were always rumours of 16- or 17 year old girls having affairs with younger male teachers - and judging by some outcomes (pregnancies, divorces, some teachers losing their jobs) there was often substance to those rumours. Again, those were seen as “having made it”, not as abuse (and, unlike the primary school example, those girls were above the age of consent, technically), so it wasn’t something any of the kids at school were horrified by at the time. Boys would often flirt with attractive young female teachers, but I know personally of no single case where it ever went beyond that - because, let’s face it, an adolescent boy is not a thing of beauty. But if it had, it’s unlikely the boy or his peers would have portrayed it as abuse, either - though given relative maturity, it would be more abusive than the 23 year old male teacher and the 17 year old schoolgirl. 

These days legislation is stricter, and all of those would be illegal - but I’m not sure attitudes have kept in step. Judging by what I overhear of conversations among kids of that age, there’s still a lot of “crushing” going on and I think that often blinds kids to what are really abusive situations. And I think that - despite what gets portrayed in the media - that’s still hugely problematic for all genders. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, OatsAndHall said:

Due process would be provided to either a male or female teacher but a male teacher is essentially guilty in the eyes of the school and community once that accusation is levied. On the flip side of the coin, the female teacher would be exonerated and the male student firmly chastised.

I guess it is because the male is considered to have the power.
Male students can hold power over female teachers.
Height, weight, pure physical strength and the entitlement that comes with just being male = power. 

thefooloftheyear
3 hours ago, elaine567 said:

I guess it is because the male is considered to have the power.
Male students can hold power over female teachers.
Height, weight, pure physical strength and the entitlement that comes with just being male = power. 

Have you seen a typical teenage boy lately?

Is it really the case for a grown woman and a 13/14 year old boy?? Maybe a 17 or 18 year old senior in HS, but even a lot of them don't appear very intimidating...A lot of these cases involves pretty young boys..

Most boys that age can't walk and chew gum at the same time...more so now than in the past, actually...I can't really see how a typical grown ass woman would or should feel all that intimidated or powerless by a teen boy....there is really something off with these women...and the treatment of them by authorities should be just as harsh if the roles were reversed...I see no real difference, IMO...

TFY

• Author
1 hour ago, thefooloftheyear said:

Is it really the case for a grown woman and a 13/14 year old boy?? Maybe a 17 or 18 year old senior in HS, but even a lot of them don't appear very intimidating...A lot of these cases involves pretty young boys..

Most boys that age can't walk and chew gum at the same time...more so now than in the past, actually...I can't really see how a typical grown ass woman would or should feel all that intimidated or powerless by a teen boy....there is really something off with these women...and the treatment of them by authorities should be just as harsh if the roles were reversed...I see no real difference, IMO...

TFY

I agree.
I doubt a teacher is going to feel intimidated by a 13/14 year old boy, and if she is, she shouldn't even be in the classroom in the first place. She's not going to be able to control a classroom.

1 hour ago, thefooloftheyear said:

I can't really see how a typical grown ass woman would or should feel all that intimidated or powerless by a teen boy....

You are right.

I can only remember a handful of male teenagers in my career who were a threat to people. One of them murdered his own toddler child, that was a horrible case, I'll never forget that call, the others sexually attacked people their own age or younger.

None of them ever tried to attack me as a social worker though one of them stole my purse once! He came to me and apologised later, and we thought we were helping him get better but the last I heard he was in prison for rape. Which he denied.

All these kids were totally abused and neglected by their own mothers and fathers. That's where it starts, they see abuse from an early age.

It is worse where they have access to guns though, stuff like school shootings. I moved to the US in 2001 and there have been at least 300 destructive acts of homicide in the US school system alone.

• Like 1
  • Author
5 hours ago, Prudence V said:

I’ve no idea what you mean by this. Do you mean, did his friends support him? I already answered that in my post. His fiancée dumped him, his male “friends” subjected him to homophobic abuse. Not sure what else you’re asking about. 

A woman who is being physically abused had choices. She can reach out to local domestic violence shelters, access government programming and services etc.

I searched "domestic abuse support" just to see what would happen. I got a ton of responses, all geared towards women/children. Men were barley mentioned, except in terms of sexual abuse (programming for men who were sexually abused as boys) or as abusers ( lots of programs to help male abusers).

Surely, part of addressing an issue is ensuring that people who do reach out will be able to find it. If the " they need to ask for it" rationale had been used with respect to women way back when domestic violence wasn't really talked about, nothing would ever have changed. It was sort of a "if you build it, they will come" sort of thing. When the one I'm associated with first opened its doors back in the mid 70's, it took a few months to get any clients. The need was there, the awareness was not. We also had to fight against old ideas like it was a family issue, it was no one elses business that sort of thing.

One site I did find stated that,  "More than 830,000 men fall victim to domestic violence every year, which means every 37.8 seconds, somewhere in America a man is battered, according to the National Violence Against Women Survey.". Surely, nearly a million men is not a low number and deserves at least a cursory glance?

It's not always physical abuse. Emotional abuse can be just as painful.
source:https://www.webmd.com/balance/features/help-for-battered-men#1

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse/help-for-men-who-are-being-abused.htm

• Author
6 hours ago, Prudence V said:

Not remotely, from a medical point of view. Male circumcision is basically a cosmetic procedure, involving the removal of some extraneous foreskin. 

Female “circumcision” (ie FGM) is a functional destruction of female external genitalia. It involves the excision of the clitoris, aimed at preventing women from orgasm, and the removal of one set of labia and the sewing together of the other set, to close up the vagina. In some cases a tiny opening is left to allow menses to pass through when the girl reaches puberty, but in other cases, not. 

The explicit aim is to control female sexuality, to prevent girls / women enjoying sex and having sex. When a girl / woman marries, her husband slices open her vagina with a weapon, so that he can have sex with her. 

Male circumcision and FGM are worlds apart which is why the terminology changed for FGM, to show that it wasn’t the frivolous procedure that male circumcision is and that any equivalence was false. 

Circumcision or any cosmetic procedure (like piercing a baby girl’s ears) on an infant, or anyone else without their informed consent is wrong, IMV, but equating a minor procedure like male circumcision with life altering, life threatening FGM is disingenuous. 

Sorry, but I think that's just not true.
Frivolous? Why do you feel qualified to decide that?
Oh, and btw, many of the worst perpetrators when it comes to FGM are not men, it;s women. Many times, it's considered a rite of passage, and their mothers/grandmothers and other women are the ones who force them to do it. In some cases, they even hold them down.

• Author
5 hours ago, Prudence V said:

The whole area of teacher-student “relationships” (abuse) is complex, because of those kinds of attitudes, for all genders. Looking back now at what happened when we were kids at school I’m appalled - it would be criminal by today’s standards - but at the time it was a badge of honour for the primary school girls (12 years old, so not prepubescent) who got kissed or felt up by the attractive male teacher while queuing to have their homework checked. It gave them bragging rights and they were certified “hot”.

At high school, there were always rumours of 16- or 17 year old girls having affairs with younger male teachers - and judging by some outcomes (pregnancies, divorces, some teachers losing their jobs) there was often substance to those rumours. Again, those were seen as “having made it”, not as abuse (and, unlike the primary school example, those girls were above the age of consent, technically), so it wasn’t something any of the kids at school were horrified by at the time. Boys would often flirt with attractive young female teachers, but I know personally of no single case where it ever went beyond that - because, let’s face it, an adolescent boy is not a thing of beauty. But if it had, it’s unlikely the boy or his peers would have portrayed it as abuse, either - though given relative maturity, it would be more abusive than the 23 year old male teacher and the 17 year old schoolgirl. 

These days legislation is stricter, and all of those would be illegal - but I’m not sure attitudes have kept in step. Judging by what I overhear of conversations among kids of that age, there’s still a lot of “crushing” going on and I think that often blinds kids to what are really abusive situations. And I think that - despite what gets portrayed in the media - that’s still hugely problematic for all genders. 

Here, it's considered pretty nasty to have a male teacher put his hands on you. No girl would have considered it a point of pride, not back when I was in school and not today. Sure girls may have gotten crushes, but that's as far as it went.

• Thanks 1
  • Author
13 hours ago, basil67 said:

It sounds like you work in that sector.  How many men are running for their lives and why aren't we hearing about it?     Getting funding in any area stems from rattling a hell of a lot of cages.

to be honest, all you have to do is look at some of the posts in this thread to see why you don't hear more about it.

Edited by pepperbird
45 minutes ago, pepperbird said:

Sorry, but I think that's just not true.

Fortunately the WHO, the UN, UNICEF and every major human rights organisation disagrees with you. 

Compared to this view, from the same body, which states that:

Male circumcision should always be considered as part of a comprehensive HIV prevention package, which includes the provision of HIV testing and counselling services

Edited by Prudence V
  • Author
17 hours ago, Piddy said:

I'm sure sexism against men exists, although I've never knowingly experienced it.  This thread reminds me of the Anti White Prejudice thread.   Sure they both exist, but for me it's all about who holds the power.

If a woman personally has sexist views towards men, but isn't in control of any authority over the man then does it really matter?  However, women have been on the receiving end of sexism forever.  And they still face it.

In the aggregate women don't nearly hold as much power as men do.  Certainly not in the workforce.  They're not paid as much and don't hold the power that men do.  So they can't act on any sexism that they may have for the most part.

As for circumcision.  I don't remember a thing pain wise. :rolleyes:  But I'll tell ya.  Having played sports when I was younger I've seen many an uncircumcised penis in the showers.  Ugliest damn thing you could see. 

Flaccid it looks like a baby turtle with it's head sucked in or something.  Gawd ladies how do you get by that look before it pops it's head out. lol

Many moons ago when I was 15,  I made out with my 27 year old neighbor.  We were both a little drunk.  She was an airline stewardess and gorgeous.  What I wouldn't have given to lose my virginity to her.   But it wasn't to be.  It was fun though. :classic_smile:

Being serious, I do realize that there are women who do take advantage of underage boys.  However, when I was 15 my little head was doing all the thinking.  My big head was doing nothing but trying to get my little head in the game for the first time. 

Unfortunately we had to wait another year for that to happen. :classic_sad:

actually, when one thinks about it it terms of who has the power, when it comes to violence against men, women do.
hear me out ...

Do you really believe that abused men and abused women are treated the same? I have many years of experience in the field, and let me tell you, they do not.

If a woman reaches out because she is being abused, there's a ton of services/supports out there for her. They may not always be successful, but they are there. There's constant societal messaging that men should NEVER place a hand on a woman ( I agree) , and if she contacts law enforcement, there's  a good chance her report will be taken seriously.

If a man is being abused by his spouse, where can he go for help? Do you think a man who is being physically abused by is wife really has the same level of access to supports and services? Will his report be taken as seriously? Where's the societal messaging that it's not okay for a woman to hit a man? Look on line, and you'll find hundreds of sites to help women, but very few to help men.

I admit the shelter I work/volunteer with is not so great in this regard. We have had men contact us wanting to flee with their children. To be honest, it's actually a lot more difficult than it is with women. The reaosn?
The kids.

If an abused woman flees with kids, there's an assumption it's okay because the kids will be safer away from the abuse. If it's a man, that's turned on its head. Our standard advice is to be very careful and get their ducks in a row before they leave. That includes legal advice, as there will not be the same assumption it's in the best interests of the kids. he will not receive the same automatic assumption he is telling the truth should he take legal action. We recommend he go to the police first and get the reports in and push to get them investigated, as then he will have at least some sort of basis for taking the kids with him. Go to the ER, make reports there. Make sure physical injuries are catalogued and recorded. Get audio/video evidence of you can.
Women? " just take the kids and run".

Sadly, the kids are often being abused themselves, and we've had a few cases where the husband tried to run with them, and she turned it around to say that he was the one who was the abuser. The first time, the guy was arrested, kids taken back to the mom, and it took a couple of weeks to get it sorted. The second time? The police trusted us enough by that point to not just blindly believe his wife, but that was only because we were involved. If we hadn't have been, I doubt there would have been the same result.

That's why I say, at least this area, women do have the power. I know that may sound odd and it really goes against the grain, but it's the truth.

10 minutes ago, pepperbird said:

Do you think a man who is being physically abused by is wife really has the same level of access to supports and services? Will his report be taken as seriously?

I’ve seen this in action on these boards, where posts stating that a MM is being abused by his BW are laughed off, whereas posts stating that a MW is being abused by her BH are taken seriously. Including by the author of the post I’m quoting. 

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, pepperbird said:

actually, when one thinks about it it terms of who has the power, when it comes to violence against men, women do.
hear me out ...

Do you really believe that abused men and abused women are treated the same? I have many years of experience in the field, and let me tell you, they do not.

If a woman reaches out because she is being abused, there's a ton of services/supports out there for her. They may not always be successful, but they are there. There's constant societal messaging that men should NEVER place a hand on a woman ( I agree) , and if she contacts law enforcement, there's  a good chance her report will be taken seriously.

If a man is being abused by his spouse, where can he go for help? Do you think a man who is being physically abused by is wife really has the same level of access to supports and services? Will his report be taken as seriously? Where's the societal messaging that it's not okay for a woman to hit a man? Look on line, and you'll find hundreds of sites to help women, but very few to help men.

I admit the shelter I work/volunteer with is not so great in this regard. We have had men contact us wanting to flee with their children. To be honest, it's actually a lot more difficult than it is with women. The reaosn?
The kids.

If an abused woman flees with kids, there's an assumption it's okay because the kids will be safer away from the abuse. If it's a man, that's turned on its head. Our standard advice is to be very careful and get their ducks in a row before they leave. That includes legal advice, as there will not be the same assumption it's in the best interests of the kids. he will not receive the same automatic assumption he is telling the truth should he take legal action. We recommend he go to the police first and get the reports in and push to get them investigated, as then he will have at least some sort of basis for taking the kids with him. Go to the ER, make reports there. Make sure physical injuries are catalogued and recorded. Get audio/video evidence of you can.
Women? " just take the kids and run".

Sadly, the kids are often being abused themselves, and we've had a few cases where the husband tried to run with them, and she turned it around to say that he was the one who was the abuser. The first time, the guy was arrested, kids taken back to the mom, and it took a couple of weeks to get it sorted. The second time? The police trusted us enough by that point to not just blindly believe his wife, but that was only because we were involved. If we hadn't have been, I doubt there would have been the same result.

That's why I say, at least this area, women do have the power. I know that may sound odd and it really goes against the grain, but it's the truth.

Of course there's anecdotal evidence of this.  But in the macro, women are much more likely to be abused by men.  Men commit most violent crime in general.  And men commit more violent crime against women by far over women committing violent crime against men.  Just look at sexual assault alone.  Not even close to a comparison.

Economically women have been on the short end of the stick as well for far too long.  They don't make what men do on average and are subjected to sexual harassment far more that men are.  Most CEO's in this country are men.  So the glass ceiling is real.

So to anecdotally say that because sexism against men by women exists,  that somehow makes it on par with sexism by men against women is disingenuous IMO.  If that's what your saying.

Now if you're saying that sexism by women against men exists, but on a much smaller scale, then I'm sure it does.  In short and to be blunt.  Women in general don't have the physical strength or economic strength to abuse / discriminate against men nearly as much as the vice versa.

Edited by Piddy
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, thefooloftheyear said:

Depends where you live. My H’s son and his friends were strapping lads in their teenage years, big and beefy. Yes, there were some smaller boys in the class, but they were the minority. My own son hit 6’ in height early in his teenage years, but he has a slighter, leaner build - but again, most of his classmates were pretty big and strong. 

Teen boys these days are much bigger than when I was a teen - then they were gawky awkward things that looked like they’d been badly twisted together out of dirty pipecleaners. 

Of course, ethnicity also plays a role. Research shows that black boys’ age tends to get overestimated - people think they’re older than they in fact are - and they’re thus perceive to be more of a threat than is warranted. This obviously isn’t a good thing. 

• Like 1
  • Author
1 hour ago, Piddy said:

Of course there's anecdotal evidence of this.  But in the macro, women are much more likely to be abused by men.  Men commit most violent crime in general.  And men commit more violent crime against women by far over women committing violent crime against men.  Just look at sexual assault alone.  Not even close to a comparison.

Economically women have been on the short end of the stick as well for far too long.  They don't make what men do on average and are subjected to sexual harassment far more that men are.  Most CEO's in this country are men.  So the glass ceiling is real.

So to anecdotally say that because sexism against men by women exists,  that somehow makes it on par with sexism by men against women is disingenuous IMO.  If that's what your saying.

Now if you're saying that sexism by women against men exists, but on a much smaller scale, then I'm sure it does.  In short and to be blunt.  Women in general don't have the physical strength or economic strength to abuse / discriminate against men nearly as much as the vice versa.

again, this has nothing to do with physical strength, and sorry, it's not anecdotal., A study done ( and I included a link to help you find it) shows that over 800,000 men in the USA reported being victims of domestic violence. That's hardly just a few people.
Don you really think that an abused man gets the same fair shake as an abused woman? Do you really think they get the same fair treatment in family court?
They don't. It's also believed that the ab use of men is vastly under reported.

I'm female, and I actively seek equal rights for women. The piece that an awful lot are missing is that with rights come responsibilities. One of these is accepting the idea that women are every bit as capable of being just as abusive as any man, that abuse is just as damaging to both men and women so therefore, men have every right to expect they will also have equal access to supports and other services. It's not an either/or proposition. Recognizing that men also suffer and need support takes nothing away from  women. In fact, it helps both. If domestic violence is framed as an issue that can be instigated by any gender, it could be one piece of he puzzle in stopping the cycle. Boys who see their mom abuse their dad often grow to be either victims or abusers themselves. It's what they saw, so they repeat it in their own relationships.
By helping both men and women, the cycle gets broken, which, I would assume, would be the best outcome possible.

• Author
3 hours ago, pepperbird said:

to be honest, all you have to do is look at some of the posts in this thread to see why you don't hear more about it.

I will say it again...look at some of the  responses here and you'll see why.

Along with this, huge problem for us is actually academia. I'm not trying to say  academics are uninformed (lord knows, as my own dad was one up until he retired) but there's a universe of difference between a study/statistics and the real world.

Some stats about how more women are abused than men doesn't do eff all for the man who calls us after his wife beat the crap out of him and his wife is threatening to call the cops and say he beat HER and she's going to make it so he can't ever see his kids again.

Oddly enough, we also get more calls form men about stalking than we get from women, and when they call, it's usually because it's gotten to a point where they are worried about their physical safety.

• Author
1 hour ago, Prudence V said:

Depends where you live. My H’s son and his friends were strapping lads in their teenage years, big and beefy. Yes, there were some smaller boys in the class, but they were the minority. My own son hit 6’ in height early in his teenage years, but he has a slighter, leaner build - but again, most of his classmates were pretty big and strong. 

Teen boys these days are much bigger than when I was a teen - then they were gawky awkward things that looked like they’d been badly twisted together out of dirty pipecleaners. 

Of course, ethnicity also plays a role. Research shows that black boys’ age tends to get overestimated - people think they’re older than they in fact are - and they’re thus perceive to be more of a threat than is warranted. This obviously isn’t a good thing. 

again, if a female teacher feels like she can't control her make students, she shouldn't be teaching.
funnily enough, way back when, most teachers were women. teenagers really, teaching at little one room schoolhouses. They taught boys who were older than they were, and if you think these kids weren't bigger than the women who taught them and rough and ready, you're wrong.
This was also a time when women were even taught to be even more repressed and demure than today, yet they did it.

• Author
On 7/28/2020 at 8:45 PM, Prudence V said:

Oh believe me, white men do. African men, not so much. It’s part of initiation into manhood, something most African men embrace. It’s also been  correlated with lower levels of HIV transmission, better sexual health (because of better sexual hygiene) and many women will not have sex with an uncut man because 1) he’s considered “unclean” and 2) he’s seen as a boy. 

I thought about this a bit more. You are framing it at cultural, so somehow it's acceptable or at least, you explain it.
The same is true for FGM. It's cultural, so why is one cultural practice terrible, awful and worthy of condemnation but the other is okay?

You also seem to feel it's very trivial, but for an awful lot of men, it's anything but.

20 minutes ago, pepperbird said:

You also seem to feel it's very trivial, but for an awful lot of men, it's anything but.

An awful lot of men is quite vague. Is there any data on this? I suspect if it was a major issue for men there would be massive initiatives to make male circumcision illegal, lobby groups, etc. That’s not happening. And while I’m sure there are some men that are upset about being circumcised (7.8 billion people in the world, there are bound to be some) this clearly isn’t a big issue for the vast majority.

• Like 1
mark clemson
9 hours ago, Prudence V said:

This is not to argue a specific point, but FWIW -

1) There is a steady drumbeat of occasional cases in the US where it is discovered that a female teacher has developed a relationship with a male student, e.g. of middle school age (11-14) or in HS.

2) At my HS growing up there was a teacher who specifically would date some of the male HS football players (so big guys) after they left the school. I'm not sure if pedophilia technically occurred or not, but it is clear (in retrospect) that she would groom them while they were her students via flirtation, etc in preparation for a post-graduation relationship. I'm not sure if she ever got in trouble or what may or may not have transpired as I was only aware of this for a 2 year period before I graduated myself, but it was fairly well-known what was going on, at least among the students. Attitudes towards the behavior varied.

46 minutes ago, pepperbird said:

again, this has nothing to do with physical strength, and sorry, it's not anecdotal., A study done ( and I included a link to help you find it) shows that over 800,000 men in the USA reported being victims of domestic violence. That's hardly just a few people.
Don you really think that an abused man gets the same fair shake as an abused woman? Do you really think they get the same fair treatment in family court?
They don't. It's also believed that the ab use of men is vastly under reported.

I'm female, and I actively seek equal rights for women. The piece that an awful lot are missing is that with rights come responsibilities. One of these is accepting the idea that women are every bit as capable of being just as abusive as any man, that abuse is just as damaging to both men and women so therefore, men have every right to expect they will also have equal access to supports and other services. It's not an either/or proposition. Recognizing that men also suffer and need support takes nothing away from  women. In fact, it helps both. If domestic violence is framed as an issue that can be instigated by any gender, it could be one piece of he puzzle in stopping the cycle. Boys who see their mom abuse their dad often grow to be either victims or abusers themselves. It's what they saw, so they repeat it in their own relationships.
By helping both men and women, the cycle gets broken, which, I would assume, would be the best outcome possible.

I'll answer your question again.  Yes I'm sure sexism against men exists, but pales in comparison to what women face in all areas of society.  Sexual assault / sexual harassment /domestic abuse / salaries, pay etc. / CEO and other upper management positions etc..

Women just are not treated the same.  Misogyny is a real thing and women can't even act like a man would or they're called a bitch.  There's a huge double standard with how women are treated.

So again, this thread is like the Anti White Prejudice thread in that the much bigger problem lies with who doesn't hold the power.  Has it gotten better?  Yes.  But there's a long way to go.  Unfortunately it's still a mans world for the most part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Author
22 minutes ago, Weezy1973 said:

An awful lot of men is quite vague. Is there any data on this? I suspect if it was a major issue for men there would be massive initiatives to make male circumcision illegal, lobby groups, etc. That’s not happening. And while I’m sure there are some men that are upset about being circumcised (7.8 billion people in the world, there are bound to be some) this clearly isn’t a big issue for the vast majority.

here's some links that you might find interesting...
http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/

https://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/for-professionals/psychological-impact/

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/272499352_Male_Circumcision_Pain_Trauma_and_Psychosexual_Sequelae

It's often performed with no anaesthesia, and the research indicates the infants do experience pain and trauma. There's also many men who are speaking out about it. This is just one site, but a Google search will get many results.

https://www.yourwholebaby.org/men-speak-out