'Gamer Girl' trailer receives backlash

Apparently, this is a game where you control the actions/behaviors of a gamer girl online streamer. Developed by FMV and has received major criticism that this is enabling "simp" behavior ( A term I'm not too familiar with).

• Shocked 1
major_merrick

Having read the article online about it, I still can't tell what this is all about.  Explain?

3 hours ago, major_merrick said:

Having read the article online about it, I still can't tell what this is all about.  Explain?

It's a game but instead of having game characters to control, they are using a real girl that would  do things depending on what you command her to do. That's what I gathered.

47 minutes ago, Noproblem said:

It's a game but instead of having game characters to control, they are using a real girl that would  do things depending on what you command her to do. That's what I gathered.

That's got to be the most frustrating game ever.  I picture it like playing a really old sierra adventure game trying to navigate your character through a forest with the arrow keys.  After hours dying hundreds of times from killer trees, you find a precise path. But, you cannot be off by more than a single pixel.  You get through the forest only to find the witches weren't home. That was just a developer error that accidentally allowed it.

The real way to solve the puzzle was something like sneak into a house of dwarves, joining an expedition to mine some gold to buy a flute. Then, you play music with a satyr that gives you a lute. Next, you take the lute to the ocean peer to catch the attention of the king of Atlantis who gives you his trident.  You take the trident up a giant oak tree and throw it at crow that drops a worm. You play a game of pinochle with the worm to win a bucket. You should have understood that clue when reading the nursing rhyme, "The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out" in a haunted nursery. With the bucket, you rescue a lost baby in a well in the middle of a carrot field. The baby holds in his hands  the eye of Baba Yaga. To take the eye back to the forest and show it to the trees.  The trees let you pass. Back at the cave, stand the witches with Baba Yaga to whom you give it.  You score 3 points.  Now, you have a grand total of 23 of 500 points for that effort.

That's how I imagine a game working trying to control a real life girl.

Edited by vjk
typo
  • Thanks 1
major_merrick

Still not understanding what is controversial about this.  Seems boring.  Sounds boring.  Strange premise. 

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Simps are guys who give women money and get nothing in return, its a pretty simple concept... There are basically women Streamers online, they wear revealing clothing, expose their cleavage and such, then pretend that the entertainment they are providing is of game play and not just pure sexual energy.

Well, some guys will donate money to these women, all free by the way and all they get is a shout out... For a woman, you might see this as pathetic, but in the mind of a man, especially a horny one, he isn't thinking past giving her money and trying to capture her attention... Many men do successfully end up capturing their attention, only to find out these women are toxic, misrepresenting themselves and their character, all the while the guy believes its all good.

This is the idea of a simp @major_merrick

This is an important game for these men, because it removes the toxicity they would regularly experience and allows them to basically "Own" the character on Stream, as opposed to donating money and getting scammed or lied to, etc.

Edited by CAPSLOCK BANDIT
major_merrick

@CAPSLOCK BANDIT  Thanks for the explanation.  I had no idea people would be dumb enough to just give money to some girl on the internet.  At least, without it being some sort of sexy cam show....and I find that trend quite sad.

There are women who do that, but a lot of streamers actually play games, and do other things, like cooking, painting, singing, etc. There are men who spend a lot of time complaining and attacking them, especially if they have an OnlyFans account - they think it isn't fair, because they don't get the same amount of viewers, and say they can't use their body to make money that easily. If you look at the biggest streamers out there, they are men who make millions of dollars playing games like War Zone and Fortnite (when it was the game to play), they make a hell of a lot more than these women.

10 minutes ago, major_merrick said:

@CAPSLOCK BANDIT  Thanks for the explanation.  I had no idea people would be dumb enough to just give money to some girl on the internet.  At least, without it being some sort of sexy cam show....and I find that trend quite sad.

People were dumb enough to give money to Ninja (Tyler Blevins, I think his name is), because he was good at a computer game. He's a multi-millionaire - they still subscribe and donate.

If this game is about controlling a pretty girl, having her do anything you want her to do, I don't like that idea, if it takes control away from the girl.

Edited by Angelle
  • Like 1

Gamers are some weird people and I say this as somebody who enjoys the occasional video game.

• Thanks 1
CAPSLOCK BANDIT
13 minutes ago, Angelle said:

I don't like that idea, if it takes control away from the girl.

I would suggest if you are "Out Of Control" you stand to make considerably more money than otherwise.

18 hours ago, CAPSLOCK BANDIT said:

I would suggest if you are "Out Of Control" you stand to make considerably more money than otherwise.

I would say it isn't worth it, and this sounds like some kind of sick fantasy game, where a girl can't stop anything from happening to her. 

sothereiwas

On a more serious note, unless they clone her, how can this idea possibly scale? How many hours does she work?