No relationship at age 27, drives me nuts

stevethegreat

I'm 27yo male who has never been in a relationship nor slept with a woman. I'd consider myself to be an attractive guy, but for the past 10 years I had never pursuit the topic of dating. It didn't hit me until this year when I met an incredibly attractive girl who I fell I love with (for the first time). Out of anxiety and self-doubt, plus my lack of experience I did not clearly approach her (even though I sensed her interest) and eventually she went for a ONS with another guy. Since we were working on a cruise ship and our ways departed just a few weeks after, there was no chance of me changing the situation.

Even since I've been dwelling in the pain of never having pursuit relationships with women. Already at age 27, when most guys my age have a decade of casual hook-ups and relationships on their account. Of course now in times of COVID-19 it is almost impossible to start dating.

I think what does play part into it is that I haven't really been very social in my life, or let's say rather socially selective. I prefer to have fewer friends, but good ones. I don't drink and avoid any parties/ hangouts with alcohol since I can't stand witnessing people getting drunk and go dull. Also, I was fine since my teens to pursue music very actively, since it's what my profession is, it's so time consuming to become successful with it. Also musicians are to the most part a male-dominant profession. So very few chances to meet women, or a very high competition.

I failed to meet more women in my life! But I feel I don't want to continue being single. Also at the moment the music industry is down, I'm back to stay with my parents (not great at my age) which truly grinds on my confidence. So no income for a while (I'm looking into some non-music jobs), plus I have to hold off dating for many months. I don't know how I can overcome dwelling in my past regrets, plus the fact I can't even move on with working on my dating life (besides my professional life being on halt). Can't really meet new people to become social. I don't know where to get the patience from. Please help!

Being an entertain is tough right now.  It's understandable that you are living with your parents. 

Now that you have developed an interest in one woman you will develop a crush on another.  On important tip:  do not say you love somebody who you have never dated.