1 hour ago, Bluesky00 said:

There are no benefits of being single. 

There are pros and cons to everything.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Ruby Slippers
10 hours ago, Mystery4u said:

Exactly.

I don't see any benefits of being single as I am with the right person now. All this stuff people have been saying they can only do when they are single, can be done when you are in a relationship as well, when you are with the right person.

Smug couple person :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Ruby Slippers said:

Smug couple person :classic_rolleyes:

Someone sounds jealous. Haters gonna hate.

• Shocked 1

Then why did U call this forum 'benifits of being single'? Maybe you should have called it 'single vs taken' 

Edited by Goodguy05
  • Like 2

Actually one major thing of the benefit of being single would be Eating the food that I like when partner hates it

• Like 1
regine_phalange

Single people can invest more time in other areas of their life, such as friends, career and hobbies. 

Single people can decorate their home as they please (florals!). 

It's easier for single people to live minimally. You don't need to worry about other people's things or picking up after them.

If there is only 1 bathroom in the house, it's all yours!

• Like 3
On 7/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, Hopeful30 said:

In an effort to make myself feel better about being single, I am inviting everyone to help me compile a list of all the benefits. This is what I have come up with so far:

- personal space

- walk around naked without anyone poking you in the hip or feeling you up

- cooking experiments and/or disasters don't leave anyone hungry

- don't need to check in with anyone / can leave phone home for the day

- watch any movies/shows you want and as frequently as you want (similarly listen to fave songs on repeat for days without annoying anyone)

- less maintenance such as waxing, manicures, etc (hence spending less money) 

- get the whole bed to yourself and can sleep like a starfish

That's all I got.

You are free to do what you please and make your own choices.

there are drawbacks in being alone...

1 you miss companionship RT sll

2. Here are something you might feel better doing as a couple vs going alone.

3 there are times you don’t have to decide it 

4. Doing things is easier if it’s split between the two of you.

If you'd asked me a year ago I'd have said single is best overall, just the sense of freedom and new possibilities. After weeks in lockdown mode I have lost that feeling!

• Like 1

I suppose being single gives you complete freedom to live your own life and do whatever you want,

I know if I head the marriage route with girlfriend, I will sacrifice some of this freedom, will have to lose some bad habits that I enjoy and I may be persuaded into other activities or commitments that I will not necessarily enjoy,

yet having been single long enough, I think I still prefer to go the relationship route.

• Like 1
mortensorchid

You don't get dumped.  And you can do whatever you want,whenever you want and never have to have a fight about "I don't want to see your stupid friend(s)" or "I want to do this", etc. 

• Like 2
CaliforniaGirl
On 7/4/2020 at 11:39 AM, Mystery4u said:

Exactly.

I don't see any benefits of being single as I am with the right person now. All this stuff people have been saying they can only do when they are single, can be done when you are in a relationship as well, when you are with the right person.

Not necessarily. Not unless you agree on every single point. The freedom to have things just as you want them thing, not having to consider another person's wants, etc. actually are not usually things you can have in a relationship. I don't think being able to neglect someone means you've found the right relationship. The OP doesn't say she wants to stay single but for now she's looking at reasons her current situation can be good, too.

• Like 1

I think i need someone to tell me the opposite😂. The benefits  of being in a relationship.

Im currently OLD, but seem to find most men a pain in the ***. Or not special enough to give up the single life!

Edited by Roswell91
  • Like 1
On 7/4/2020 at 7:39 PM, Mystery4u said:

Exactly.

Of course there are benefits to being single. 

The OP is clearly not having the best luck and needs some encouragement that it is ok in fact great  to be without a partner right now.

• Like 2

For men, you typically have more money.

For many men, a relationship can be viewed as expense.

Dating itself requires precision spending,

Who do I offer the weekend getaway to or the free festival in town?

On 7/4/2020 at 6:31 AM, SumGuy said:

Well my GF doesn't do any of the things that follow...but my children certainty have :)

-things are always as you left them, no surprise messes

-that last cookie or pint of ice cream you were saving doesn't get eaten

And you get THE WHOLE TUB of Ben & Jerry's to yourself 

• Like 2
On 7/5/2020 at 4:39 AM, Mystery4u said:

Exactly.

Not everyone has the luxury or luck of having the right person waltz into their life on a silver platter. That's the reality 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
11 hours ago, mortensorchid said:

You don't get dumped.  And you can do whatever you want,whenever you want and never have to have a fight about "I don't want to see your stupid friend(s)" or "I want to do this", etc. 

I've never had this issue.

Also if you want to move to another country or another state, your partner most likely will want to stay put and not move. Awhile back this guy was practically purposing to me about having me moved to his hometown of Kansas because his family friends live there. I’m like wth? There was no way I was going to move to Kansas out of all places. I do what I do, I want adventures 

Blind-Sided
On 7/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, Hopeful30 said:

- get the whole bed to yourself and can sleep like a starfish

After being married for so long... I find myself sleeping on the same side as I always did.  It's no longer comfortable to be in the middle, and spread out. 

But... on the plus side, and can spend money on my hobbies without having to ask, or answer to anyone. 

As far as many of your other points... I have my kids the majority of the time, and I still couldn't do most of it. 

H's answer would probably be: Being able to keep the room temperature at like 30C/86F (why? why?!!?!? 😂) .

• Like 2
  • Author
18 minutes ago, Elswyth said:

H's answer would probably be: Being able to keep the room temperature at like 30C/86F (why? why?!!?!? 😂) .

THIS!!!!! I completely forgot about the thermostat!!! Yes this is definitely a benefit. No complaints that I need to turn on the AC. I love hot :D

• Like 2

Among all the other things that have been mentioned, peace, tranquility, lack of drama and ease.   You can also decorate your whole house in girlie colors/styles if you want.  You can watch romantic comedies all the time.  You have the whole bathroom to yourself.  And last but not least, sex with yourself is always good, you don't have to worry about it sucking anymore.

Seriously though, one of BIGGEST perks of being the single and the one that will probably keep me single is being able to sleep by myself in the bed.  I don't enjoy sleeping in the same bed with men.  Never have, even though I was married for almost 15 years.  I never want to and never will deal with snoring again. I will never deal with out-of-sync body temperatures again.  I never will deal with a man hogging the whole bed or the covers again.  I never will deal some man breathing all over me all night long, while I hardly can sleep and he sleeps soundly like a log.  Nope.  Never again.  If I ever get into a relationship again, which is unlikely, he will have to sleep elsewhere, maybe on the couch or in my guest room, but he's not sleeping in the bed with me. And if he falls asleep, say after sex or something, I will wake his arse up and tell him he has to go, without fail.  I don't know what guy is going to agree to that.

Edited by snowcones