Will people who look young for their age only go for younger?

2 hours ago, Hopeful30 said:

Nope. I look 16 without makeup, but prefer to date older men. 

Actually, since I look younger, I tend to get attention from younger men too, which I don't like. I need a MAN, not a boy.

I get  attention from 12 year olds 😳😳. High schoolers basically 😳

Edited by Roswell91
  • Shocked 3
CaliforniaGirl
1 minute ago, Roswell91 said:

I feel like you're kidding but I'm not sure. I was going to leave an LOL clickie. :lol:

If you're not kididng, dude, come on. :D

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

I feel like you're kidding but I'm not sure. I was going to leave an LOL clickie. :lol:

If you're not kididng, dude, come on. :D

Im not kidding  lol.

I know i look younger than my age 😂 (im in my twenties only but still). Once i was asked what school i go to 😂

Edited by Roswell91
  • Like 1
CaliforniaGirl

I used to constantly be told how young I looked but I stopped believing it. I know I must be pessimistic but all I could think ws: Nobody tells an ACTUALLY young person that they look young. :p I hope that makes sense. IOW...what I'm delicately saying is...people tell *older* people that they look younger. That's the polite thing, and it makes the person blush and laugh and obviously feel good. And most of us are nice people who want other people to feel good.

I don't really think about it anymore. I'm generally attractive...good enough. And I usually date(d...back in the ol' days) around my age so it never made a huge difference to me. I never liked going a lot younger or a lot older.

Fresh_Start
4 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

Next time on To Catch a Predator...

;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1
CaliforniaGirl
Just now, Roswell91 said:

Im not kidding  lol.

I know i look younger than my age 😂. Once i was asked what school i go to 😂

Dude, twelve-year-olds do not approach you thinking you're twelve.

How did I know this thread was going to become a contest of "No, I look even younger than you!" OMG, you guys. :D

Who here routinely gets misaken for a fetus and has doctors randomly come up to look for a belly around them to push a stethoscope on? Raise your hand. :D

• Like 3

I used to constantly be told how young I looked but I stopped believing it. I know I must be pessimistic but all I could think ws: Nobody tells an ACTUALLY young person that they look young. :p I hope that makes sense. IOW...what I'm delicately saying is...people tell *older* people that they look younger. That's the polite thing, and it makes the person blush and laugh and obviously feel good. And most of us are nice people who want other people to feel good.

I don't really think about it anymore. I'm generally attractive...good enough. And I usually date(d...back in the ol' days) around my age so it never made a huge difference to me. I never liked going a lot younger or a lot older.

As in before they know my age they will say i look between 18-21. 

Nothing  to do with trying to be complimentary or make me feel good

Edited by Roswell91
2 minutes ago, Fresh_Start said:

Next time on To Catch a Predator...

;)

Loool. It freaks me out. 

• Like 1

Dude, twelve-year-olds do not approach you thinking you're twelve.

How did I know this thread was going to become a contest of "No, I look even younger than you!" OMG, you guys. :D

Who here routinely gets misaken for a fetus and has doctors randomly come up to look for a belly around them to push a stethoscope on? Raise your hand. :D

Not 12 lol  they probably think im older lol but young enough 

Kitty Tantrum

It is a real thing for some of us, and it can be legit embarrassing.

Now, if a 12 year old boy approaches me all like "how you doin'" I don't assume he thinks I'm his age... but he also probably doesn't know I'm old enough to be his mom. 🤢

But it's when OLD PEOPLE do it that it's really bad. Like, walk past a highschool in the afternoon, get stopped by a teacher or administrator and asked POINTEDLY why I'm not in class. That sort of thing. I think older people do it more often, because to them, I really DO look very young.

Young guys are just... un-discerning. 🤣

CaliforniaGirl
6 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

As in before they know my age they will say i look between 18-21. 

Nothing  to do with trying to be complimentary or make me feel good

Okay, but here's the thing, who comes up to a person and just says "I think you're X age"?

I'm sorry...I cringe saying this but it's true...people get a feel for those who are trying to act younger, hoping to look younger...and people respond to that...OR age is brought up..."Well, my 13-year-old daughter says..." and people instinctively know: when age is brought up like that...the person wants to hear, "but you look so young."

Some people really do look younger than their age but if you look on threads like these, or hell, in real life, it seems like everybody "look ssoooo impossibly young..." Do you think that's...well...possible? 

You are in your 20s, that's a weird age to gauge, especially if the woman is doing the no-makeup, hair in a bun thing. So I can see it...but...12?

Ros...honey.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Okay, but here's the thing, who comes up to a person and just says "I think you're X age"?

I'm sorry...I cringe saying this but it's true...people get a feel for those who are trying to act younger, hoping to look younger...and people respond to that...OR age is brought up..."Well, my 13-year-old daughter says..." and people instinctively know: when age is brought up like that...the person wants to hear, "but you look so young."

Some people really do look younger than their age but if you look on threads like these, or hell, in real life, it seems like everybody "look ssoooo impossibly young..." Do you think that's...well...possible? 

You are in your 20s, that's a weird age to gauge, especially if the woman is doing the no-makeup, hair in a bun thing. So I can see it...but...12?

Ros...honey.

I never said i look 12. I said i get checked out by those in high school sometimes. Which is ew but its a fact. 

Also theres no point explaining it all, but when people say or think  im young its because i look it. Some people do look young you know, its a fact.🤔

People i know who don't know my age, i may have asked how old you think i am and they will come out with usually between 18-21, the oldest ive gotten is 24

Contrary to what you think people can be jealous 😂, so its not true that every single person will want to make someone feel better by saying they look younger. 

And being in the 20s is young, they could say any number in the 20s and it would be taken as a compliment right. There's no need to go down the teenage ages

Edited by Roswell91
CaliforniaGirl
7 minutes ago, Roswell91 said:

I never said i look 12. I said i get checked out by those in high school sometimes. Which is ew but its a fact.

Also theres no point explaining it all, but when people say or think  im young its because i look it. Some people do look young you know, its a fact.🤔

People i know who don't know my age, i may have asked how old you think i am and they will come out with usually between 18-21, the oldest ive gotten is 24

Okay.

I don't mean to come down on you or sound mean. I know I'm projecting. I'm embarrassed because I was always that person too. And then I saw like, everybody else being told the same thing and then I just felt dumb. Again, maybe I'm one of those people too. But how do I know that? I was embarrassed, thinking...maybe people are just stroking me, LOL. Because how can we ever really know? Being "young" is Priority 1 in our society today, we Facetune the living snot out of us, even people who really are teens adjust their pics to look bigger-eyed...no pores at all...tiny body...all emblems of: this is a child. Not an adult. And people want to get on other people's good side...I don't know...

So I apologize for coming off sounding jerky.

But you can perhaps answer the OP's question, then. Does looking young mean you think you should (can?) date younger than your age?

I never felt it did, I was always attracted to people around my age, so that's my answer. I don't think looks MAKE a person young so I was more about how I felt being with the person, how we interacted, etc. 

ETA: oh, the 12-year-olds are checking you out, that I CAN believe, or early high school, anyway, because getting with a grown woman is a huge fantasy for a few young guys...it's a "thing"..."Stacey's Mom" (old song) just popped into my head, LOL, ick...but yeah, I can see it...it feels so gross! I don't blame you for feeling squicked. Ah youth...

Edited by CaliforniaGirl
Interstellar

well if she’s pinay, just like any other female species on the planet she wants handsome or good looking lol. Your average Filipina would usually go for clean cut, clean shaven, no piercings, preppy look and physically fit. Sure, it certainly helps if you look younger for your age.

Edited by Interstellar
Emilie Jolie

I am a woman in my 40s. I never wear make up and let my hair age along with me (not too many greys yet, but it's coming). When I look in the mirror, I very clearly see a woman in her 40s looking right back at me, and I'm totally fine with it. I like being in my 40s, and looking like i'm in my 40s.

I had one ex 3 years younger than me, and a little something with a guy 10 years younger a handful of years back - pretty sure age or 'looking young' had nothing to do with it.

With that said, the only people I know who deliberately have targeted younger partners than them were men in full-blown midlife crisis looking for a second youth. These guys may have thought they looked younger, but they most definitely didn't.

• Like 2
Fresh_Start
58 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

I would, but it hasn't developed yet. 😶

Edited by Fresh_Start
CaliforniaGirl
1 minute ago, Fresh_Start said:

I would, but it hasn't developed yet. 😶

I wish I could relate but I actually just implanted yesterday. But I'll let you know when I get to your age (6.5 weeks, I think?).

We're just playin', people, just playin'... :D

regine_phalange

I look younger and went for someone who also looks younger. We are both in our thirties, however, when we visit museums, monuments etc the clerks ask us if we would like the student discount! 🤓

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Okay.

I don't mean to come down on you or sound mean. I know I'm projecting. I'm embarrassed because I was always that person too. And then I saw like, everybody else being told the same thing and then I just felt dumb. Again, maybe I'm one of those people too. But how do I know that? I was embarrassed, thinking...maybe people are just stroking me, LOL. Because how can we ever really know? Being "young" is Priority 1 in our society today, we Facetune the living snot out of us, even people who really are teens adjust their pics to look bigger-eyed...no pores at all...tiny body...all emblems of: this is a child. Not an adult. And people want to get on other people's good side...I don't know...

But you can perhaps answer the OP's question, then. Does looking young mean you think you should (can?) date younger than your age?

I never felt it did, I was always attracted to people around my age, so that's my answer. I don't think looks MAKE a person young so I was more about how I felt being with the person, how we interacted, etc. 

ETA: oh, the 12-year-olds are checking you out, that I CAN believe, or early high school, anyway, because getting with a grown woman is a huge fantasy for a few young guys...it's a "thing"..."Stacey's Mom" (old song) just popped into my head, LOL, ick...but yeah, I can see it...it feels so gross! I don't blame you for feeling squicked. Ah youth...

Lol its cool no worries.

How weird but i was listening to staceys mom the other day, like tunes from my childhood 😂.

Yeah i can date younger, but i wouldnt want to go too young. The next person i would preferably  want to marry. So would go for someone between the ages of 28-34. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

Okay.

And nicole scherzinger is in her 40s and she always dates men around my age 😂

But i mean its nicole scherzinger, shes probably someone every young man has wanted at some point 😂

Fresh_Start
39 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

I wish I could relate but I actually just implanted yesterday.

Noob.

40 minutes ago, CaliforniaGirl said:

We're just playin', people, just playin'...

I think the dark humor is lost on this crowd, Dany. 🤐

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
22 minutes ago, Fresh_Start said:

@Roswell91 What's with all the shocked expressions?  I haven't seen this many shocked heads since I watched The Green Mile. 😉

Its my favourite  expression lol

• Like 1

No, people who look younger don't always go for younger.  It's not always the case, but what I'd be focusing on is that your friend told you this about the Filipina lady.  My question is, how does he know for sure?  He may not know for sure.  He may not know what her dating preferences are, because people don't generally go around announcing it.  He may be the typical guy who sees one little thing and then jumps to a conclusion so that he can disqualify himself.  In other words, your friend probably saw her go out with ONE OR TWO guys who were 5-10 years younger, and that was probably because those guys were the only ones who had the balls to ask her out and not cower in a corner being afraid of rejection.  Most women go out with someone who's asked them out.    So go ahead and disqualify yourself if it makes you feel better, but I'm thinking your friend has already done it for you.

For a woman “Looking young” won’t  last forever. For example a 45 year old woman who looks 27 shouldn’t even consider dating a 27 year old guy. Maybe it’s good for a one night stand but nothing long term. Seriously, women hit menopause, they “do” get wrinkles after 55. So who knows at what “age” an older woman who looks young will start aging 10 years. And most families will not accept their 25 year old son dating a 50 year old woman. And what happens next? She’s going to end up in the nursery home and he’s going to visit her?