Will people who look young for their age only go for younger?

I hear something, with both men and women, especially with men...that if they can pull of looking young for their age, they'll date younger. I was talking to a friend of mine...his wife has an unattached Filipina friend that's on Match. I asked what was her type, and he said, "She only dates younger men, by like 5 to 10 years younger" From looking at her, well, wouldn't surprise me she could pull it off. I asked if she is looking for flings...and he said, "No, she wants marriage".  I was like "Oh okay" Even though we were evenly aged, apparently, she gets younger men asking her out and she goes for it. As a Filipina's tend to look young for their age, regardless if they hit the gym or not...I guess if someone looks young, due to good genes, they'll go for younger?

Of course, I may get the gambit of people that know know people that look like fat slobs, going for the supermodels ,but that's been played lol

Some will, some won't.  People are different.  

You are talking about one person.  She chooses to date younger & she can apparently pull that off.  If she really wants marriage & this strategy is not working for her it may be time to change but she has to do that.  You can't do it for her

• Like 2
stillafool

When I was single I pretty much always dated younger because I looked young.  I am a woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, QuietRiot said:

As a Filipina's tend to look young for their age, regardless if they hit the gym or not...I guess if someone looks young, due to good genes, they'll go for younger?

This post mentions nothing in regard to this woman's intelligence or overall demeanor, only that she looks young (as a Filipina) and therefore dates young.  Ok, a mature woman who has retained youthful looks will attract men that are older than her, same age and younger...basically the world of men are her oyster...assuming intelligent conversation and a pleasant personality.  If the world of men are her oyster, then who she chooses to date with marriage in mind will have very little to do with age and much more to do with chemistry and compatibility.

If this lady is exclusively choosing to date younger men though any man could be her choice, she simply prefers younger men and is not choosing for marriage, though your friend said she protests.  Marriage minded women rarely choose younger men at the exclusion of same age or older.

Ask her out, if she is single, there's no harm in trying.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, QuietRiot said:

...I guess if someone looks young, due to good genes, they'll go for younger?

Yes, it is all about looks and age.

• Shocked 1
3 hours ago, QuietRiot said:

I hear something, with both men and women, especially with men...that if they can pull of looking young for their age, they'll date younger. I was talking to a friend of mine...his wife has an unattached Filipina friend that's on Match. I asked what was her type, and he said, "She only dates younger men, by like 5 to 10 years younger" From looking at her, well, wouldn't surprise me she could pull it off. I asked if she is looking for flings...and he said, "No, she wants marriage".  I was like "Oh okay" Even though we were evenly aged, apparently, she gets younger men asking her out and she goes for it. As a Filipina's tend to look young for their age, regardless if they hit the gym or not...I guess if someone looks young, due to good genes, they'll go for younger?

Of course, I may get the gambit of people that know know people that look like fat slobs, going for the supermodels ,but that's been played lol

I wont go too young or too old.

2 years younger max usually, and older maybe a few years.

I matched with a guy on a dating site, whos four years younger than me. But only because he lied about his age, and pretended to be two years older 🤔. So that was an exception for me

Edited by Roswell91
  • Like 1
Just now, SumGuy said:

Just in case it was not obvious, being sarcastic there.

Oh 😂.

But to be fair for some it really only is looks and age 

Just now, Roswell91 said:

Oh 😂.

But to be fair for some it really only is looks and age 

Sure for some that is what it is all about, more likely if one is male I believe...who then often tend to project how they select onto women as what most of them do.  I guess I just get tired of the constant "is it all about looks" stuff.  It's not, never has been, never will be.  Looks are almost always part of it, but what "look" is important varies from person to person, and there are so many other things that readily supersede looks.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SumGuy said:

Looks are almost always part of it, but what "look" is important varies from person to person, and there are so many other things that readily supersede looks.

Indeed, it does become a bore doesn't it...the truth is, if one looks around, much deeper and so much more interesting.

• Like 2
Ruby Slippers

A lot of people tell me I look younger than my age. I don't take this too seriously - some people like to crow about how young they look for their age, and I tend to think a lot of them are deluded. I just try to eat healthy, stay fit, and be young at heart.

Since I prefer serious relationships that could last, I've always strongly preferred to date my age and older, for their relative maturity and seriousness. My last boyfriend was 12 years older; the one before him was 8 or 9 years older.

Younger men show interest, but I generally don't take them seriously for relationships.

Edited by Ruby Slippers
31 minutes ago, SumGuy said:

Sure for some that is what it is all about, more likely if one is male I believe...who then often tend to project how they select onto women as what most of them do.  I guess I just get tired of the constant "is it all about looks" stuff.  It's not, never has been, never will be.  Looks are almost always part of it, but what "look" is important varies from person to person, and there are so many other things that readily supersede looks.

True. Its a pretty high % of men though who put looks above a lot else 

1 hour ago, SumGuy said:

Just in case it was not obvious, being sarcastic there.

Went over my head- second time in 2 days 😃

homecoming

I'm 36, but have been told I look WAY younger... People have mistaken me for ages from 19 to 28, and this young-looking appearance seems to run in the family. 

All of my partners have been younger than me, but I don't know if that's because I look young? I think I just feel more comfortable with those who are younger than me. 

I've had two partners that were 9/10 years younger than me, lol. Again though, think it's more to do with my personality than my looks. It probably says something about me that I don't really get on romantically with those of my age, but hey.

Edited by homecoming

I found this to be against me . I look a good bit younger than my age but I find women older than me are too mature for my filthy and sometimes childish sense of humour, carefree way of life etc etc.

The younger ones are too young to really be able to get in a relationship that has potential to last as they are all about going out at the weekends and don’t really know what they want yet. 
Not everyone , but some people.  I feel like until I hit 40 I’m in Limbo ...or move to a better area where there isn’t half a million people and only 2 surnames. 

Nope. I look 16 without makeup, but prefer to date older men. 

Actually, since I look younger, I tend to get attention from younger men too, which I don't like. I need a MAN, not a boy.

Edited by Hopeful30
thefooloftheyear

I wish i had a dollar for every woman that said she looks younger than she does...Bear in mind when people tell them this, its usually because of a heavily photoshopped FB selfie or maybe they saw them with slenderizing undergarments, and more makeup than Gene Simmons wears at one of their concerts.. Heck. many women dont even let anyone see them without at least make up and hair done...

At the end of the day. most people look about their age, when you strip away the fluff and see them without clothes.....Men are easier to identify, because there isn't all the usual deception involved...

TFY

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Author
3 minutes ago, thefooloftheyear said:

I wish i had a dollar for every woman that said she looks younger than she does...Bear in mind when people tell them this, its usually because of a heavily photoshopped FB selfie or maybe they saw them with slenderizing undergarments, and more makeup than Gene Simmons wears at one of their concerts.. Heck. many women dont even let anyone see them without at least make up and hair done...

At the end of the day. most people look about their age, when you strip away the fluff and see them without clothes.....Men are easier to identify, because there isn't all the usual deception involved...

TFY

Yeah, I can't help but cringe when some women get a little braggy about how young...they look. Like they said they'd get carded buying drinks or getting into a club. Not really much to brag about since they are trying to get into a club. lol

• Like 3

Kind of a chicken and the egg thing. Do people look younger because they’re immature (I.e still like doing “young” things, dressing young etc.)? Or are people that look young treated / seen as being younger and therefore attract younger mates?

I think the average age difference in marriages is about 2.5 years, so age difference isn’t a major factor for most. 

I had been out of dating and relationships for some time, what I found when I first started seeing men my own age or older, I wasn't used to men who look 50+ in the context of romantic relationships. It's not the same as growing older together. 

As I get older, a sleepless night or a head cold or something- I look haggard and it takes me days to look and feel well again! I might look younger but I'm still mid-fifties...don't get me started on the physiology of aging ( I did a course...! )

I never wore make up ( I think that's why my skin hasn't aged much actually )

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, thefooloftheyear said:

TFY

Well im in my late twenties but look 18. And that is without makeup and all the smoke and mirrors you speak of so 🙄

Kitty Tantrum

Man, I don't wear makeup and I dress like frumpalump, but I've got a face that I guess just doesn't age. The most common response when someone (who doesn't really know me) finds out I have kids over the age of ten is to basically look at me as though they hope my baby daddy is in jail for statutory rape. 😬

"I was twenty-two when I had the first one!"

"You're not even twenty-two NOW, shut up!"

🤣

But no. Younger men are icky. I could have probably gotten away with dating one even if I didn't have a "baby face," but no thanks.

CaliforniaGirl

I don't think so, but I HAVE seen the opposite: a sort of defense, "Well, I look younger so shouldn't I date younger?"

It's not necessarily said in that exact way but people desperate to get a younger person will always, always, always manage to stick in some comment about how incredibly young they look...how people think they look like they're 20 when they're 40...

It's pretty obvious...people who absolutely require a younger SO, will claim they themselves look younger.

I don't know why it always seems to come down one way or another to looks but it does. To me it's the opposite. No matter what a person looks like, he or she has spent X amount of years on this planet. And I tend to gravitate toward guys who are about my age. That's always been true for me. 

I wouldn't date an 18-year-old babbling drunk frat boy if he somehow looked like he was much older. 

I don't get why people think if they "look" a certain age (though that may just be stroking from friends who pick up on how important this factor is to the person) somehow "deserve" a person who IS older.

But it's a thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
CaliforniaGirl
2 hours ago, QuietRiot said:

Yeah, I can't help but cringe when some women get a little braggy about how young...they look. Like they said they'd get carded buying drinks or getting into a club. Not really much to brag about since they are trying to get into a club. lol

Oh, guys do this too for sure. Haven't you seen it around here? "I'm 40 BUT I'm in BETTER shape than a 20-year-old...and my new little-girl girlfriend swears I look like I'm 22..."

It's insecurity, really. (Male or female, this isn't really a gender issue or anything.)

And...I've noticed we've ALL been told a zillion times that we can't possibly be our age. ;) It's just...a thing...society values it...so people will say it to one another.

Simple logic, not mention math, should prove that we can't ALL look impossibly young. If we did then that would just be the average and nobody would be surprised...it wouldn't be "you're 30 but you look 20..." It would be: well, that's how a 30-year-old is supposed to look.

It's just insecurity. And terror of being "aged out" of the desirability market.

• Like 3

I am a woman, I look young. I've had some really embarassing situations where people will talk to me like I'm a kid….

I don't care what age a guy is. I've dated older and younger.