Almost at my goal weight but noticed this....

mortensorchid

I restarted my diet in February of this year and I am nearly at my goal weight (I have a feeling it will be so when I weigh myself for weigh in day on Tuesday).  However, I have noticed this as I did this on my diet.  And I apologize if this is nasty ahead of time...

My eating habits include eating a lot of fruits and vegetables.  One is supposed to have 5 servings a day.  Which I started doing when I lost weight most of the time in 2006 (I dropped 40 lbs then).  However, that was 15 years ago and I have gotten older since then.  I am a different person both physically and mentally since then, like we all are.  And... I am not having bms as often as I did before.  Last week I ate a truckload of fruit and vegetables and nothing happened until Saturday morning when the entire length of my intestines seemed to come out.  Twice.  

What causes this other than aging and things slowing down?  

Blind-Sided

Could be a medical issue.  I know my metabolism has slowed with age (47)... but my bathroom activities have staid relatively the same.   With that said... some foods bind people more than others.  I had a buddy who could only eat a small amount of chocolate... otherwise he would get plugged up.  Soft Drinks and Tea have similar issues with people.  If you are having issues with that... up your water intake, and that should help keep things moving.

Happy Lemming
13 hours ago, mortensorchid said:

Saturday morning when the entire length of my intestines seemed to come out.  Twice. 

I think I might attribute this to age.  I'm a bit older than you and (usually) have a blended diet of meat and vegetables. When I don't cook meat for a while, I've noticed I'm not "regular". 

I'm 55, eat a ton of vegetables and whole grains because I really like them.  I actually have the opposite problem at times.  Our bodies all handle digestion differently, you'll just have to try different things and see what works best for you.  You can also try fiber supplements if you don't want to get it through your food.  

Do you drink lots of water? I do best drinking half a gallon of water a day, just plain filtered water. 

my dad (he's a retire Gastroenterologist) says that you should keep on hand some Imodium along with a Laxative and use them when needed.  But dont use them too often...good luck

Water & fiber.  I don't get enough fiber so I eat Fiber One bars or the generic equivalent.  Counting calories is essential for weight loss but macros are important too. 

introverted1

You might be getting a lot of insoluble fiber but not a lot of soluble fiber (or vice versa).  You need both. 

Also, inactivity will slow transit time.  Do you get regular exercise?