Gifted talent and no confidence to pull it off

It's a lot easier with a band up there than up there on your own. Any mistakes aren't as obvious. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Fox Sake said:

Oh I hear you about that fear. ..it’s a horrible feeling isn’t it?  The lack of self belief. The comparing yourself to other people. I’m sitting on SO MUCH music of my own, I could make 2 albums with it all at least. But a cover is for some reason a little easier cos it’s not making yourself so vulnerable by sharing your soul. But it’s not the same  

I get drunk fingers so I don’t ever drink and play! I’ve also just quit a weed habit in the last few months . (Gone from daily to maybe once a month) I have been smoking that crap for years and years. I was most likely high in that video 😄

I’m certain it’s had an effect on my confidence. I used to be extremely extrovert until maybe 5 years ago.
You’re right about booze and drugs tho giving  confidence. Maybe not the booze , but certainly class A’s.which I’m not into. 
I think it’s easier if you’re in a band tho, cos you all carry each other. If one makes a tiny mistake,  then it’s not the end of the world , but on your own... biggest fear. 

Ah yes, the baring of the soul.  Both me and my friend are a bit emotionally retarded in that sense.  We're fine sitting around jamming, changing the words to songs and making them ridiculous, we can sing out loud then, but none of this love song stuff exposing your soul all over the place, that's plain dangerous 😬     But if you write your own stuff you really should bite the bullet and do it. Think of it this way,  there's people out there who love boy bands, (my personal pet music hate - no group of men should ever do choreographed dancing while singing cheesy lyrics in tenor), and that's hard evidence that a lot of people have really bad taste in music,  so even if you wrote the worst stuff,  you still should give it a go because there's someone out there who will love it.  Also, some of the worlds greatest artists, musicians, writers, painters, actors......have been beset by feelings of inadequacy.  

• Like 1
  • Author
31 minutes ago, MsJayne said:

Ah yes, the baring of the soul.  Both me and my friend are a bit emotionally retarded in that sense.  We're fine sitting around jamming, changing the words to songs and making them ridiculous, we can sing out loud then, but none of this love song stuff exposing your soul all over the place, that's plain dangerous 😬     But if you write your own stuff you really should bite the bullet and do it. Think of it this way,  there's people out there who love boy bands, (my personal pet music hate - no group of men should ever do choreographed dancing while singing cheesy lyrics in tenor), and that's hard evidence that a lot of people have really bad taste in music,  so even if you wrote the worst stuff,  you still should give it a go because there's someone out there who will love it.  Also, some of the worlds greatest artists, musicians, writers, painters, actors......have been beset by feelings of inadequacy.  

I wouldn’t go as far as a love song!  Maybe a break up song tho haha. 
I’m slowly starting to feel a light shining again.... I mean I’ll be dead in like 70 years anyways (at 104 🤣) and after that , nothing matters anymore! 
Yeah I agree on the boyband. It’s cheesy AF but people dig it. And most of them are running auto tune anyways these days. I know I could do  something, I think I just needed pushed. The most important part to me is that my voice connects with people. If you don’t like someone’s voice, you won’t listen to anything of theirs.  That’s where it’s been at for me. I’m going to do some writing tomorrow. I’ve got new tune I’ve been working on that’s so awesome , it just needs lyrics 

34 minutes ago, preraph said:

It's a lot easier with a band up there than up there on your own. Any mistakes aren't as obvious. 

Well, if you think I can do it Raph , then maybe I need to start believing In myself a little more from now on to do with all this. You could have easily said that it was okay but didn’t see anything there. I wouldn’t have been offended. I would have just realised I was founded in what I thought.
But you didn’t say that . 

Now you’re someone I don’t even know , so I should listen to what you have to say and take it on board. I actually respect your opinion over those that I do know. Cos there’s no need for you to kiss ass,  or tell me what you think I want to hear. 
How it works out is how it will end up working out, whether I’m on my own or find other people. Man I would love partner who’s musical. I’ve come a long way, especially in the last 6 years or so. It’s incredibly frustrating the hard time I give myself  

It’s 4am so another late one for me and my brain has stopped working properly now. Thank you both for the continued help and support. I don’t think any of you know quite what It means to me , and I really appreciate the time and energy you’re giving me. This is the biggest bug bear in my life. I want to get passed it more than anything 

Edited by Fox Sake
  • Like 3