As a woman, I believe you know the difference between sexual harrassment and someone just being friendly, I know I do.

I stated the example of the panty guy above. Yeah, that was SH- but he stopped it as soon as I called him on his behavior. Should he have lost his job? Nah, he wasn't a sexual predator- he was only attracted to me and wanted to explore that. As soon as his interest wasn't returned and he was told it was inappropriate he backed off.

I used to work with a older man. He was friendly as all get out and everyone loved him. He had a daughter my age. My desk was right outside his office. Every once in a while he would stop by my cube and say hi. If it looked like I was having a bad day or something was bothering me he might be inclined to reach up and rub my shoulder and pat me and say, "Well I hope your day gets better kid". Definitely not SH but perhaps some might see it as that.

I personally don't want to ruin some mans career unless he's just a total slimeball and has absolutely no self control, but hey, that's just me.

Men usually don't do that unless they feel they're welcome either verbally or through body languge. Some girls act sometimes as victims over nothing. Problem is, some real trespassing boys get away with it. There's no clear boundary set here. It becomes so hard that even the Devil does not really know what constitutes harrassment in today's world of crowded offices and competing genders. It all depends on who's deciding over the case. Real harrassing men may some times get away if they are lucky enough to have a nice-looking young female judge who sympathize with them knowing well that some girls may want to take a revenge or something.

That wss not SH. He was just being friendly and there is nothing wrong with that. Once we start labeling every social interaction between men and women as harrassment it creates a backlash and hurts the real victims of harrassment because they are not taken as seriously.

I know that wasn't SH but the guy asking me my panty color was. My point was that I didn't ruin his career over it because he stopped it when I called him on his behavior.

• Author

Well..I decided I'd look for other jobs...and what do you know..i got one..so I quit my other job! I really liked working there..but I feel like I need a new start...a start to stand up for myself and be who I am! I just hope I didn't make a mistake. I'm still going to be a computer administrator but the job seems like it will be a hell of a lot more challenging! I hope it works out!