Guys,

I was just wondering, how would you state it in your CV. Studied general Chemistry on University 4 years(8 semesters),but it took me 8 years to finish it,don't ask me why and I am embarrassed about it.I didn't like it,then I started to work in sales and earn money,but at the end I decided to finish and to have degree.

I am still working in customer service and I am 34 and I would like now to start to work in some lab,if someone gives me chance,since I have no experience.

Should I write from 2004-2012,or should I just write 2012.And what would you give as good explanation when employer asks why it took you so long.Honestly I was not disciplined enough to study and as I started to earn money I took it as full day job,so couldn't go for lecture,but later I realized I made mistake and went back to University and finished.

Thank you

Just list 2012, the year you received your degree.  

If you are ever asked about the full time period and asked to explain, just keep it simple and succinct, that a job opportunity came along and your studies were put on hold.  

Generally you don’t put your start date. You just put the year you finished. Nobody has ever asked me how long it took.