Male in affair

mark clemson
On 4/9/2024 at 3:00 PM, Gumbeaux41 said:

My question is why is she doing that and what should I do.  

Bitterness and you're probably best off NOT responding but saving the texts in case your probable future lawyer thinks you should show them to a judge. Showing a pattern of emotional abuse in texts might/might not influence a divorce outcome - there is a LOT of variance in jurisdictions. But see what your lawyer thinks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Gumbeaux41

I confessed to my affair. She no longer trusts me and says she cannot stay married. My wife called the other woman and is now threatening to kill me.

basil67
50 minutes ago, Gumbeaux41 said:

I confessed to my affair. She no longer trusts me and says she cannot stay married. My wife called the other woman and is now threatening to kill me.

Yes, this is what fury looks like.   What did you think was going to happen when you confessed? 🙄

Edited by basil67
BaileyB
1 hour ago, Gumbeaux41 said:

Tell us again - why was filing for divorce the worse option? 

Decisions have consequences. You now have no control of this situation. Would have been better to keep your dignity and get out in front of this… file for divorce and settle things as amicably as possible. Now,  you will deal with the consequence of your decisions.

BaileyB
2 minutes ago, Gumbeaux41 said:

Are you saying I should have not told?  

We are saying that you shouldn’t have cheated. The marriage was irreconcilably broken - it would have been far better to divorce as the end result is the same. But now, the consequences will be so much worse…

basil67
5 minutes ago, Gumbeaux41 said:

I am saying that I can't figure out why you're surprised at her reaction.  Did you not consider how she may react to you dropping this bomb on her?

3 hours ago, Gumbeaux41 said:

I think what most people are saying is that you should’ve divorced. A long time ago. This marriage is over. She had an affair, you had an affair, or you are still in an affair - so what exactly is your plan? It’s pretty clear that you and your wife don’t like or love one another and you also don’t have any respect for one another - so why do you even contemplate staying with her? I’m not even sure what you’re asking anymore. What is it that you need help with? Or are you just here to vent? That’s completely fine. But again – this marriage is over.

• Like 1
Gebidozo
3 hours ago, Gumbeaux41 said:

Honestly, I think that confessing to your wife at this point, when it’s long become clear that the marriage is over, wasn’t the best course of action. 

Confessing makes sense when you want a second chance, not when there is no chance anymore. This way, it just adds to the already existing pain.

BaileyB
9 hours ago, Gebidozo said:

Honestly, I think that confessing to your wife at this point, when it’s long become clear that the marriage is over, wasn’t the best course of action. 

Confessing makes sense when you want a second chance, not when there is no chance anymore. This way, it just adds to the already existing pain.

It may actually prompt her to file for divorce, which has been long overdue. So, in that way, it may have been very helpful - 

Although, as you said, it is certainly very hurtful.