Dating younger men vs older men

@tfy. The gym is fine but unnecessary and costs money. Anyone can work out for a half hour a day on their own: walk, jog, run, bike, yoga, pilates, free weights at home.

poppyfields

Hey guys, just got a chance to read this thread in its entirety; anyone know what happened to Azincourt?  His views were a bit "out there" but different and interesting.

Imo anyway, a poster who deviates from the "norm" is always interesting to me.

Anyway, he was dominating this thread for many pages, then poof suddenly disappeared from the site, so was just wondering.

Edited by poppyfields
Emilie Jolie
2 hours ago, hotpotato said:

Oh I disagree. Men do not age better than women. Maybe in their minds they do. Men have great self esteem. 

I'd be open to dating younger men and older men if I were dating. Some older men look good, but that's an exception. Some younger guys make good money. 

I dont find younger men unattractive at all! 

I don't find younger men unattractive either so we don't totally disagree, but anyone under 30 looks like a baby to me. Could be I'm just lucky there's good 40+ yo eye-candy where I live. Also (as I posted in the bit you cut out) I'm biased because the SO looks good for his age?  I am attracted to maturity more than age anyway, so there's that.

hotpotato
2 hours ago, Emilie Jolie said:

I don't find younger men unattractive either so we don't totally disagree, but anyone under 30 looks like a baby to me. Could be I'm just lucky there's good 40+ yo eye-candy where I live. Also (as I posted in the bit you cut out) I'm biased because the SO looks good for his age?  I am attracted to maturity more than age anyway, so there's that.

Some of the under 30s look baby faced, which I think is adorable lol. I could imagine that if you live somewhere that's super healthy, you'll see more hottie men 40+. My ex was 50, and looked really good, but he was an exception. 

Emilie Jolie

It's probably just down to personal preferences, which of course is totally fine. You like what you like, right? In any case, a good guy is a good guy whatever his age..

CaliforniaGirl
On 5/6/2020 at 9:53 AM, Emilie Jolie said:

In my early 50s. I find at 35-ish the guys start to look eligible, LOL. I'm not in the market but if I were I could potentially be talked into going that low...probably lower limit would be 40 though.

• Like 1

If I were single, I could be persuaded to go that low.  On condition that they didn't speak.

CaliforniaGirl
49 minutes ago, basil67 said:

If I were single, I could be persuaded to go that low.  On condition that they didn't speak.

Oh, I know some 35-year-olds who can more than hold their own in absolutely brilliant conversation...want me to get you their digits? 😅 ETA: Sorry! I missed the "if I were single" part.

Edited by CaliforniaGirl

I'm late to the party on this thread but thought I'd contribute as an older man with an unusually young outlook..

At age 49 I was married, professional, stressed, waist 36 inches, 200 pounds, unhealthy and unhappy.

I changed my life so that a year later I was:

Age 50, divorced, vocational, waist 32 (6-pack) 168 pounds, super-healthy and happy. 

The thing is, now 7 years later, I'm the same and my lifestyle revolves around fitness (I go to the gym 5x a week, and I'm a personal trainer) and rock n roll (tattoos, live rock music gigs: pre-corona)!

I'm enjoying dating, although I'm not ready to "settle down" and I have two types of dates at the moment:

I have a fair amount of interest from ladies my own age (I am above average looks & shape for my age, I am worldly, having been an affluent, travelled, professional in my past) but they are generally un-nerved by my physique ( a lot of women are not happy with their body fat composition and are not prepared to pay the price to change it, i.e. cut out the wine and chocolate/ step up the exercise) and also they don't share my taste in music and fashion (too young and edgy). I understand the latter, its loud, and the music venues are not sophisticated (unnerving for the uninitiated?). 

My second demographic are much younger girls. I am talking in their 20's. Yes over half my age/ 30 years younger! Now most in society will be horrified by that situation and I generally keep that part of my life secret from my older friends. 

The thing is, and this is my position: the age is mostly not an issue. We share common interests eg. music, tattoos, (sex of a certain kind perhaps), they still like restaurants and trips, and frankly what we have in common transcends age. Generally I find them more attractive (beauty of youth, naturally slimmer etc) but one of the main attractions is their lack of prejudices and fun-loving attitude/ sense of adventure. I'd say they have less baggage. And even if they have issues, they are not as deep seated/ irreversible/ can be deflected.

Amazingly, the ones I am with (obviously not all young girls) find me attractive both physically and emotionally.

I suppose the only/main objection that someone might have, which could have some validity, is that we are in different phases of life? But even here, I don't think that is the case. My phase is unusual in that I am not looking to retire and settle with my long term wife. I am living my life to the full for the next 10 years at least (health permitting). So if the girl is not looking to build a family/ settle down before her mid 30's, then we have 10 years potentially, which is way longer than most relationships or marriages last anyway. At my then-age, 67, if we split up (if not before) then she is still young enough to build a family life with someone nearer her age. And I will probably have "matured" into a new stage of my life eg. retiring and settling with a lady nearer my own age. Or, of course, my young partner may want to stay with me into old age!

I understand I am not the norm lol but I wanted to throw in an alternative view to the existing discussion. 

PS: I might start a new thread elsewhere on my particular situation. 

Edited by dangerous