What are you doing these days?

amaysngrace
5 hours ago, alphamale said:

i'm going to go out and get some lunch, do i hear ARBYS??  yes, i do

sweet!  

my son just went on a Chick-fil-A run so waffle fries and a strawberry milkshake are in my near future! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ellener said:

5 beef sandwiches=$10 according to their ad 

good deal considering they are $4 a pop....today i decided to get a chicken sandwich

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Outlaw said:

@alphamale, I heard Taco Hell is giving away FREE Dorito Loco Tacos today. It's partay time after Arby's! 

i don;t like the dorito loco tacos, the shell doesn't hold toether and crumbles leaving the filling all over the place

23 minutes ago, alphamale said:

i don;t like the dorito loco tacos, the shell doesn't hold toether and crumbles leaving the filling all over the place

That's just Taco Hell for you. I like them just fine for the most part but if it isn't falling apart, they just taste off. Good most of the time but very hit and miss. 

16 hours ago, chillii said:

Just noticed your thing says the most beautiful little country in the world. God l'd love to feel like that about my country , would you mind saying which country , no probs if not.

Thought you must've been the US with a name like mrs rubble isn't tha from some US show or something.

I'm in New Zealand, chillii, Mrs Rubble is from The Flintstones, I used to love it when I was a little girl.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, mrs rubble said:

I'm in New Zealand, chillii, Mrs Rubble is from The Flintstones, I used to love it when I was a little girl.

yea i like The Flintstones a lot too, especially Dino and Bam Bam :p

• Like 1

Things are starting to feel very weird here , like l just realized l haven't heard the train for a few days now for example. l normally hear it all though the day .

I work, I eat, have a few beers, watch Dr. Phil, go to sleep, wash rinse repeat. Oh and listen to my husband complain about his coworkers lol.

All this talk of food is making me hungry. BBQ tonight. Burgers with grilled mushrooms and onions! M!

As for changes, no traffic, no airplane traffic, so much quieter, peaceful, the air is fresher....it's kinda nice not having so many people around.

I've been cleaning out my closet.UGH! I've gone through clothes and if I haven't worn it in a year, it's going away from my house, ....eventually. :) I've hated every minute of the task, but, I am liking the results, all organized and neat. 

My very Virgo boyfriend, just stands back and says things like, "it's about time". blah, blah, blah....

Then I've drug out just one big pile of my huge album collection and played my records on the turntable. That was fun!

I've worked in the yard, oh my Iris's are looking so beautiful! I've been spraying bifen I/T for the ants, all around the house and yard.

I've been on that damn bowflex, I have a hate relationship with that machine! I have watched some movies that my boyfriend 

asked me to sit and watch, please don't ask the name cause I haven't a clue. I'm finally getting where I'll be still and watch a movie.
Then just the normal stuff, cleaning up the house, and cooking meals, oh and aggravating my sweetheart 😉

• Like 3

I spend a lot of time wandering the fields and meadows and talking to my dog!

Got a couple of errands to run today, everythng is drive-through here though so pretty easy.

• Like 2
Happy Lemming

This morning I started trying to source the items I need to get the Evaporative Cooler up and running.  In the extended weather forecast, the weather people are calling for temperatures near 90.  It won't be long before its hot and my girlfriend will start complaining about the heat.

Home Depot has free shipping on orders over $45, so I'm trying to think about home improvement supplies I'm going to need over the next month and add the Evaporative Cooler items to that order.

I think this "stay at home" order will continue long into the summer months.

simpycurious

things are not far off aside from not being able to travel, closed gym....still able enjoy the water and the sunshine which is

nice....even watched a few NetFlix shows which I never do and listened to LOTS of MUSIC

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

This morning I started trying to source the items I need to get the Evaporative Cooler up and running.  In the extended weather forecast, the weather people are calling for temperatures near 90.  It won't be long before its hot and my girlfriend will start complaining about the heat.

Home Depot has free shipping on orders over $45, so I'm trying to think about home improvement supplies I'm going to need over the next month and add the Evaporative Cooler items to that order.

I think this "stay at home" order will continue long into the summer months.

Tell us about the evaporative cooler!! My room gets boiling here and the a/c barely reaches it....

I work, cook & bake, do laundry, vacuum, walk the dog....other then now working from home looks like not much has changed in my life. 

OH and I eat! I eat way too much and bf and I will get out of this isolation with some serious weight to lose. 

hippychick3

I’m working from home, eating, watching Netflix, eating, and did I mention I’m eating?

Having vegan junk food in my house for my daughter is going to be the death of me. I have zero motivation to eat healthy past lunch time. 

Happy Lemming
7 hours ago, Ellener said:

Tell us about the evaporative cooler!! My room gets boiling here and the a/c barely reaches it....

An evaporative cooler uses water to cool the outside air by blowing the air across a wet pad or core, that cooler air is then blown (via fan) into the house/apartment/room. You keep another door or window open (a few inches) on the opposite end of the area being cooled (away from the evaporative cooler incoming vent) and the air is exchanged in the house/apartment/room, thus you are exchanging hot air (in the area) for fresh cool air.

An evaporative cooler uses only about 25% of the electricity used by a traditional A/C unit.  It is much cheaper to operate.  It only works in areas of low humidity (like the desert climate I live in).  Evaporative coolers do require a bit more cleaning than a traditional Air Conditioning system, which can easily be accomplished with some old rags or a sponge.

The supplies required to run an evaporative cooler are much cheaper and any basic DIY'er can easily do the maintenance and cleaning required.  The units are quite simple and don't hurt the environment as they have no refrigerant that can damage the ozone layer, just water and air.

• Thanks 1
amaysngrace

So today I pulled down my kitchen curtains, washed them pressed them and back up they went.  I killer cleaned my kitchen with Clorox bleach spray, cleaned the windows, the fridge, the floors...then decorated for Easter.  It looks fantastic! 

I also put a lit candle in a mason jar outside my front door to honor our present day heroes. 💗

• Like 3

Good on you, Amaysn! 

I did f**kall. First day with no work and I'm already bored to tears. It's going to be raining the next week all week and won't even be able to go outside. I've got enough introvert in me to weather sheltering in place better than most, but boredom is going to be the problem and also I'm afraid I'm going to get really stiff and sore from laying around too much. I'm going to have to make myself stay up more just to keep from getting pneumonia or something. 

I may recover a chair. And I could certainly finished my taxes. And I might have a bit more work, which is my fondest hope. 

1 hour ago, preraph said:

I might have a bit more work, which is my fondest hope. 

Hope you do!

I walked miles in the woods again for hours. I'll be super-fit anyway...

Wish I had a proper home-  people who do don't know how lucky you are ( I know, I took it all for granted too for years ) just come in, close the door and relax. Saying that, I'm sure there are plenty of people with a home who have unhappy home circumstances which are super-challenging now. 

• Like 1

I can't work from home and my company has to stay open so I'm still out and about. Usually trying to avoid infection whenever possible.

This morning I was headed to use the bathroom in one of our buildings, but as soon as I went in I heard loud coughing from the hallway to it. Immediately did a u-turn and headed back outside. Made other pee arrangements instead. :p

1 hour ago, gaius said:

I heard loud coughing from the hallway to it. Immediately did a u-turn

I think no one will ever hear anyone cough again without turning to look or stepping away...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ellener said:

I think no one will ever hear anyone cough again without turning to look or stepping away...

Indeed. 

I have no symptoms that I might be sick but still find myself telling myself not to cough or clear my throat when I'm around others.

It's almost like yelling fire in a crowded theater at this point.

1 hour ago, gaius said:

I have no symptoms that I might be sick but still find myself telling myself not to cough or clear my throat when I'm around others.

I came home to a passive-aggressive note on the door 'you have a cough now' ( I don't ) 'so please disinfect doorknobs'! House-share friend gave me a drunken lecture then broke into paroxysms of coughing...( 'my allergies' ) Maybe she's feeling ill herself, she hasn't looked well for days, she was the one who went to a St Pat's Parade and party when everything was shutting down and the pandemic had been announced. I've not been within six feet of her since and I deep-clean the place. 

She won't remember the conversation tomorrow, but it's fine by me if we stay well apart, I'm super-solitary by nature!  🙂 

I might self-isolate forever after all this 

A bluebird flew right up to me today out in the woods...the world is so quiet now I can just hear nature 🌳 

Edited by Ellener
wording
  • Like 2