Let the time serve you

mortensorchid

We're all holed up in our houses / apartments these days all alone thanks to this virus.  There are days you wonder what day this is or what time it is.  I am not complaining in the slightest.  I am cleaning up things around the house, I am getting a lot of prep work done for teaching when I return to teaching, and I am taking on new clients to do online teaching (temporarily and long term).  Also decided to do some working out which I do everyday, sticking to my diet, and taking up the gallon water challenge.  Yes, I am drinking a gallon of water everyday and it feels great - my skin is clear and I've dropped a few pounds since.  And catching up on all those TV shows on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+ and the like.  Started a Marvel movie marathon yesterday and watching them all in the order you're supposed to watch them.

Lonely?  Sure I am, but it's okay.  Why?  Because people will tell you the same thing if you go to jail - let the time serve you.  Read, paint, do projects, keep to yourself.  It's nice and quiet when you want it to be.  Don't sit and listen to the silence and feel bad.  Call and text friends everyday.  We'll get through this.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Good attitude! Nothing has changed for me since I work online and will continue to do so.  I'm actually a little envious of those who have all this time on their hands to do all this extra stuff! I'm still working 50++ hours a week, parenting with no break (exH has symptoms so kids are here indefinitely), 4 pets, dirty house.....still no time for hobbies!  Grateful for my paycheck, though :).

Nice idea for a thread, mortensorchid.  

My daily life has changed significantly, but fortunately I'm starting to come around mentally and emotionally to accepting it. 

I'm still working full time, just from home now.  I'm starting to focus on my "goals" for this shut down, including being healthier (I only drink when I go out, so I'm dry for the foreseeable future).  I plan to get out and walk daily as long as the weather permits, and just keep an appropriate distance from other people.  I'm trying to have healthier eating and sleeping habits.  I have a lot of books that have been on my "to read" list for a while.  Maybe I'll work on learning to play my beautiful Fender, an ability that has always eluded me.      

I have extra time on my hands now because I had a fairly busy social life that has come to a screeching halt.  But probably not a bad thing to be forced to refocus my attention and energy on different pursuits.

I'm not particularly lonely, I have teleconferences for work frequently, and have been on the phone with friends and family every day.  But I do miss face to face interaction, I miss hugging my friends.  The guy I'm involved with has felt under the weather and is self isolating, so I certainly miss seeing him.

But this won't last forever.  So I'm just taking it day by day and will try to make the most of this time.    

On 3/24/2020 at 11:05 PM, mortensorchid said:

We're all holed up in our houses / apartments these days all alone thanks to this virus.  There are days you wonder what day this is or what time it is.  I am not complaining in the slightest.  I am cleaning up things around the house, I am getting a lot of prep work done for teaching when I return to teaching, and I am taking on new clients to do online teaching (temporarily and long term).  Also decided to do some working out which I do everyday, sticking to my diet, and taking up the gallon water challenge.  Yes, I am drinking a gallon of water everyday and it feels great - my skin is clear and I've dropped a few pounds since.  And catching up on all those TV shows on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+ and the like.  Started a Marvel movie marathon yesterday and watching them all in the order you're supposed to watch them.

Lonely?  Sure I am, but it's okay.  Why?  Because people will tell you the same thing if you go to jail - let the time serve you.  Read, paint, do projects, keep to yourself.  It's nice and quiet when you want it to be.  Don't sit and listen to the silence and feel bad.  Call and text friends everyday.  We'll get through this.

Great attitude, Mortensorchid. It looks good on you. 🙂