Announcing our New Year's Eve Chat Soirée! Beginning at noon UTC (7 am EST) 12/31

• Board of Directors

All,

As 2019 draws to a close, we thought it might be a fun experiment to revisit the LoveShack.org of 1997 and pay homage to our chat room origins. At noon UTC (7 am EST) we'll be enabling chat through the new year for our Established Members and Premium Subscribers, giving our formerly secret chat project a bit of a test run as we celebrate 2020 and the beginning of our twenty-third year.

We think this might be a fun experiment to ring in the new year with fellow Community members and look forward to getting to share the festivities with you. RSVP (not necessary). Share your thoughts below!

🥳

Best,
Paul

Edited by Paul
Sorry, Australia!
  • Author
  • Board of Directors

Yes, it will appear at the lower right of the screen and in the top menu of the site. 🎉

• Author
  • Board of Directors

Sorry about that, Piddy! Looks like we got it sorted. Happy New Year!

I know it’s been discussed before, but do you think there’s a chance of a chat room making a full time return to LS? When I first came here, the previous forum I was on had a group chat and a one on one powered by Meebo at the time. I popped my head into the Soirée but just didn’t really have the time to join in, but it looked like it was progressing nicely. Just a suggestion given that guidelines are always followed and it would be an alternative to PM

• Author
  • Board of Directors
1 hour ago, The Outlaw said:

I know it’s been discussed before, but do you think there’s a chance of a chat room making a full time return to LS? When I first came here, the previous forum I was on had a group chat and a one on one powered by Meebo at the time. I popped my head into the Soirée but just didn’t really have the time to join in, but it looked like it was progressing nicely. Just a suggestion given that guidelines are always followed and it would be an alternative to PM

It's something we've been considering for a while and thought this might be a good time to test out how such a feature might work here. There have been previous attempts, yet the technology and/or experience was never quite up to snuff.

There are some technical things to work out, but I'd say that we could safely expect to continue exploring this into the new year!

• Like 1