The New LoveShack.org: Discuss the update and quirks/features here

• Author

I'm just curious. Why is there just an option to deactivate an account instead of just deleting one? Deactivating an account is a first for me on any forum I've ever been on if you can even do it at all. 

If you could delete your account, this thread and all your posts in the forum would disappear and hanging quotes would be left on scores of other member's posts, not to mention all their posts that would disappear when threads you started did. With nearly 2400 posts, the impact would be significant. Imagine someone with 50,000 + posts deleting their account, like me.

IDK what deactivate does, I suppose it freezes it so no one else can hijack it down the road. Good question though. Looks like Paul already gave one opinion on that here:

Hi The Outlaw,

3 hours ago, The Outlaw said:

I'm just curious. Why is there just an option to deactivate an account instead of just deleting one? Deactivating an account is a first for me on any forum I've ever been on if you can even do it at all. 

We're exploring allowing individuals to delete their accounts, yet do not have that feature available at the moment.

Every now and then, a participant would like the option to mark their account as deactivated/closed, and we provide a way to do so, with a way to come back and reactivate the account should they change their mind after the fact.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Paul

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi K.K.,

1 minute ago, K.K. said:

@Piddy just told me he could see signatures on people’s posts and I can’t! Wahhhhhhhhhh.👶 How come?

You may have turned them off accidentally. Go to your name, select Account Settings, and then the Signature tab. From there, make sure that View Signatures is turned on.

If you turn off that setting, it will hide signatures from everyone.

Best,
Paul

What platform are you using? Phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc.....

Also, after toggling the switch are you clicking the "save" button at the bottom? Try doing a test signature of your own and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, carhill said:

What platform are you using? Phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc.....

Also, after toggling the switch are you clicking the "save" button at the bottom? Try doing a test signature of your own and see what happens.

I’m using my phone. I tried a signature of my own and couldn’t see that either lol. I’m making sure I hit save as well. I’m just not sure. I probably have something turned wonky. Thanks, carhill. :)) 

Try an alternative app on your phone or an alternative platform to verify. My bet is it's how your phone's browser app is rendering the forum. I'm running Chrome on an Android phone and can compare from that platform. I usually post to the forum from my laptop and signatures work fine with Firefox.

5 minutes ago, carhill said:

Try an alternative app on your phone or an alternative platform to verify. My bet is it's how your phone's browser app is rendering the forum. I'm running Chrome on an Android phone and can compare from that platform. I usually post to the forum from my laptop and signatures work fine with Firefox.

Yea, someone just told me that it didn’t work on iPhone and the rest of what you said just went over my head. 😛 it’s ok. Probably for the best. I bet there’s a lot of political sigs lololol 

You can download Google Chrome to your phone to browse LoveShack and also test other sites which appear to be causing problems with Safari on your iPhone. However, first, be sure to check for updates on Safari to ensure you have the latest version installed. If this sounds too complicated, enlist the help of a friend who's phone software friendly.

Even if you do install Chrome, your default browser will remain as Safari, AFAIK that's locked in by Apple, so any links in messages and e-mail will default to Safari.

However, unfortunately, I just checked Chrome on my phone and it has the same rendering problem your iPhone does. 😞

16 hours ago, K.K. said:

I’m using my phone.

Oops! 😊 I forgot about the differences between mobile and a computer. At present, signatures do not appear on mobile browsers, regardless of your settings.

• 5 weeks later...
Happy Lemming

Something appears to have changed with the add portion of the display screen.  It doesn't scroll up, (add is locked in place) leaving only a small portion of my screen to actually read the forum thread titles or type a reply to a thread.

The add and loveshack header take up about 80% of my display. 

For the record, I am using Firefox on a desktop PC to navigate the forum (If you need to know this).

*** Never mind *** it appears to have fixed itself.

Edited by Happy Lemming
1 minute ago, Happy Lemming said:

Something appears to have changed with the add portion of the display screen.  It doesn't scroll up, (add is locked in place) leaving only a small portion of my screen to actually read the forum/posts.

Oops. 😅 Please reload and that should fix it for you.

Happy Lemming
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Oops. 😅 Please reload and that should fix it for you.

Yep... all good, now.

Thanks!!

I've been getting You Were Mentioned in a Post emails (again). Did I miss a profile setting to turn them off? Did something at the server get changed? FWIW, I don't want them.

17 hours ago, nospam99 said:

I've been getting You Were Mentioned in a Post emails (again). Did I miss a profile setting to turn them off? Did something at the server get changed? FWIW, I don't want them.

Go to:

Account > Account settings > Notification Settings (bottom of page) > General (scroll down)