Should my friend forgive her bf?

MelodyRye

Would you forgive if this happened to you? My close friend confided in me about what took place last week.

Her bf got super drunk and at some point tossed her on the bed, got on top of her and started proceeding to kissing and undressing. It took the 4th screaming for No (followed with pleading) and all of the sudden he snapped out of it (still very drunk), released her from his grip and started crying out of guilt.

He stopped himself and my friend is still a virgin but she's still impacted by it. He still feels like garbage. Do you think she should forgive him or still walk away? According to her, he never got that drunk nor did anything like that before.

I think a condition of her forgiving him would be only if he quit drinking. I wouldn't think it would be a good idea to date him though. What if that would make him think that she wasn't serious about no.

major_merrick

I think she can continue the relationship. Make stopping drinking a condition, but also make it clear that if he drinks, she won't be in the area. People of opposite sexes combined with alcohol tends to yield bad decisions of all kinds.

Do you think she should forgive him or still walk away?

I think she should forgive him AND walk away. She doesn't have to stay angry at him forever but she'd be a fool to give him a chance to do it again.