Is he really over her? Can exes really be just friends?

Lucyjane86

None as far as im aware

The guy is a bigger jerk than I thought.

If he’s not even willing to make sure his kids are taken care of - why do you think he would ever look after you?

You got a real loser on your hands. He’s a lying cheater who’s a dead beat dad.

• Like 1
  • Author

He doesnt really have any money to give her. And i think she thinks he has even less than he actually does. He told her this morning that he had paid money he didnt have ro get his phone screen fixed and that thats why he hadnt been replying to her all weekend. I think he quite often tells her he has no money. And then she sends him some

Her friend has messaged me again this morning it says.....

And is it not abit out of order for her friend to be messaging me all that?

Dunno. Not to be mean but wasn't she just pretty much telling it like it is? (At least from her perspective.)

He doesnt really have any money to give her.

So he spends money that he could be spending in support of his kids on hotel rooms and bars with you? You don't see an issue with that? He has fun; his kids get the short end of the stick. Am I wrong?

• Like 1
  • Author
She

Dunno. Not to be mean but wasn't she just pretty much telling it like it is? (At least from her perspective.)

So he spends money that he could be spending in support of his kids on hotel rooms and bars with you? You don't see an issue with that? He has fun; his kids get the short end of the stick. Am I wrong?

Yeah i guess she was. And i dont think the children go without anything

I don't think you realize the amount of work and money 2 babies require.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
rude
How much support money does he pay her every month?

Somewhere in this mess of a thread (or maybe the previous one), OP stated that the fiancee gives this guy money, although she never says what for.

Honestly, these two (the guy + OP) sounds well matched. They both have their own best interests at heart and the children, the fiancee's miscarriage, and fiancee's mother's health are all inconsequential to them both.

• Like 2
  • Author

If the miscarriage is true then i feel for her but im having a hard time believing it as its only just come out now and thwyve been split for 2 months

Its really nothing to do with me. We have only officially been seeing eachother for about 6 weeks
If you want to get into a relationship with a parent, it is ABSOLUTELY to do with you to observe what they are like, what part those children play in their life etc.

I do hope you're just planning a quick fling with this guy rather than anything serious, because for serious he's already shown you that you'll be left holding a baby in a toxic mess while he sews his oats. Enjoy your future...

language
  • Author

He believed it straight away though and apologised for her feeling like she couldnt tell him. I dont know why he believed that without hesitation yet question the child being in hospital

Maybe, because as per one of your other comments he was 'pushing her for another baby' i.e. they were trying for a baby, and perhaps she had some symptoms / mood swings etc that were consistent with early pregnancy that now he's reflected he's realised - he'd know, he's been there twice before with her remember...?

quote removed
  • Like 1
  • Author

But he hadnt seen her in 2 months. She said it happened at the beginning of august so he wouldnt have seen her in about 4-6 weeks at that time

quote removed

He believed her right away because they had spoken about having a 3rd child so they were certainly not using contraceptive and it's totally believable she was pregnant. It makes sense 2 months later she miscarriage. 99% of miscarriage happen before 3 months. If you miscarriage on your 1st month you don't know, you just think you're having a heavy period. She was probably just suspecting being pregnant when she miscarriage.

He didn't believe she was at the hospital with their child because he is a lazy inconsiderate uncaring arse and it was convenient to him to not get out of the house that night.

• Like 1
  • Author

She said she only found out she was pregnant when she was losing it or she would have told him. And that she never told him she miscarried because she was waiting to tell him in person but they split up and she thought he would think she was trying to guilt him into staying with her

All of which sounds really plausible. Just because he hadn't seen her doesn't mean they weren't talking. You can tell someone's moody from afar. If someone tells you they're nauseous, gone right off something they usually enjoy - later when you know they're pregnant, you're going to say 'ohhhhh!' about those things, too.

I found I was pregnant just after my dad died. I had been saying how odd it was that grief was making me puke all the time. How I didn't fancy certain foods. That my period was late. We certainly had the 'ohhhhhhh' moment...

She was worried and caring for her mother. I can imagine a very similar scenario to mine - 'isn't it weird that stress is making me feel.....' etc.

quote removed
  • Like 1
  • Author

I would imagine if theyre talking everyday now even though they are broken up that they probably were then too

Lucyjane you don't sound like someone laughing often in that relationship. This relationship doesn't sound fun at all from where I am sitting. It looks full of doubts and anxiety. You even chose to visit LS when he's sitting there next to you. It cannot possibly be a fulfilling and rewarding relationship.

• Like 1
  • Author

We go out to places now. Have a laugh with his mates. Hes funny and affectionate. This weekend we went out on saturday night with some of his mates and then stayed in a hotel. Then sunday we drove to his mates. He hasnt seen them since the moved away a couple of months ago so it was nice for him to see them and introduce me to them. Then we went out again yesterday. And i was with him this morning before i went to work, hes off today so ill go and see him again when i finish

Edited by Lucyjane86

I've mentioned to you before that a good travelling partner does not a relationship make.

*How* does he make you feel good? *How* does he make you laugh?

The guy I'm seeing delighted me with a magic trick once, makes me laugh when I beat him at cards, bla bla. We talk about really big subjects, 'what it is to be a man in the current day', or politics, all sorts. We both play instruments, so we've jammed together. Etc etc etc.

.... you know, that kind of thing?

Where is the magic in this relationship for you?

quote removed
We go out to places now. Have a laugh with his mates. Hes funny and affectionate. This weekend we went out on saturday night with some of his mates and then stayed in a hotel. Then sunday we drove to his mates.

Who paid for the hotel? He's not supporting his kids. Where does he have the money to go out & pay for a hotel? Since he doesn't drive you used your gas & racked up miles on your car. Gee sounds like a ball.

• Like 1
  • Author

We dont really share the same interests. He makes me laugh by singing along to the radio in the car, playing the joker at work, always dancing around. Things like that

• Author
Who paid for the hotel? He's not supporting his kids. Where does he have the money to go out & pay for a hotel? Since he doesn't drive you used your gas & racked up miles on your car. Gee sounds like a ball.

He paid for the hotel, it was only a cheap chain hotel in town. Just a 5 minute drive from his place and his mates only moved about 10 miles away, if that