Boyfriend is suddenly acting weird about an ex, and I think I know why

• Author
On 1/22/2020 at 5:12 PM, UCanCallMeCrazy said:

Interesting story that really cuts to the core of men's emotions.  Sorry that it did not go better.

Sounds like Brad's having had sex with women within the friend group has become toxic to the group itself.  Women compare notes, and guys catch wind of it . . . makes it all difficult.

I have to believe that many women who date/hook-up with Brad do it because of his reputation and the opportunity to have the sexual experience of a lifetime. 

OP - when you first dated Brad, did you know of his prowess ahead of time?  or was it a pleasant discovery? 

That may be what was eating at the (now ex) BF when he found out about Brad's endowment.  Of course, I think the BF was really showing signs of insecurity when he flipped out, but I can also understand that having it rubbed in his face by others in the friend group may have been too tough to take.   It probably shows that knowing too many details about a person's past can be harmful to a relationship . . . and having a friend group that also knows it would make it even worse.

To answer your question honestly, yes I did have some idea about Brad before I hooked up with him the first time.  Guys probably don't want to hear it, but girls talk about this stuff (size, how good men are in bed etc) all the time.  I had heard he was big but I had no idea until the second date when we were making out and I could feel it growing..and growing.  It was the first and only time I ever slept with a guy on the second date but I was young at the time and I just had to know what it was like.  I can't say I regret hooking up with and dating him, but getting dumped was the worst because I knew I would probably never find anyone that big again.  I care less about that now, but at the time it was like going through a physical withdrawal. 

This is his problem.  I wouldn't say a thing about it.  I would just go about things as usual.  I mean, it might be nothing.  And if he's threatened by knowing some guy has a bigger whang, then what ISN'T he threatened about?  I mean, he surely didn't think there was no one out there bigger than him.  Guys are such idiots about their penises, I swear.  And NOBODY cares as much about their penis as THEY do.

Edited by preraph
6 hours ago, nogi said:

I can't say I regret hooking up with and dating him, but getting dumped was the worst because I knew I would probably never find anyone that big again.  I care less about that now, but at the time it was like going through a physical withdrawal. 

Enigma has a point.   Why is any of the above relevant to the current issue?   I can't see any good reason to bring up this part of your past. 

• Thanks 1