Traditional feminine vs modern woman

Call me old fashioned or chauvinistic if you will. But today's "modern woman" is a drag to be with and I prefer gender roles.

I'd love to have a more traditional feminine woman that works only 20hrs per week in something she is passionate about just to pay for her own upkeep. Then she puts the rest of her energy/focus into her health, fitness, appearance, and romantic life. She keeps a good home, cooks, maintains a high libido w/lingerie, etc., But most importantly she is fully focused on being present, vulnerable, and empathetic. She treats her man like a king because she deserves to be his queen.

A typical non conservative overly liberal modern woman in romance :

1) A heightened sense of independence. She wants her own "separate life". So it creates more distance with her being less vulnerable, less open with her life, and less available emotionally and physically.

2) Extreme career ambition. She gets burned out and distracted from working 50+hr weeks. So it results in loss of libido over time and a tendency for weight gain and less effort put into appearance in non work hours. She'll dress up for work. But with her guy she'll start wearing super casual loose clothes, yoga/stretch pants, etc..Plus she gets distracted so easily, can have mood swings from work pressure, and so much energy is put into just keeping her calm. LMAO

**What do you constantly see men complaining about? My GF's sex drive is disappearing. My GF is getting fat. My GF has stopped putting effort into her appearance. My GF is moody all the time and seems to be distracted constantly. Then women will band together and say "It happens over time", "It is good she feels so comfortable to finally be herself", "Be more supportive of her hectic life", or my favorite "you don't love the real her".

But the honest truth is that it comes down to a sprinter mentality. Women are hard out of the gate initially to get a man. However once they have a guy, they have to go back to putting a lot of their energy into their own sense of independence and ambition. So guys suddenly meet the "real her".

• Like 1

If you want a traditional women, go find one. No one is stopping you. What's your point of this post?

just FYI, the women who want to work and be independent, they arent doing it for men. They are doing it for themselves. So they dont need your opinion on this.

• Like 5
I'd love to have a more traditional feminine woman that works only 20hrs per week in something she is passionate about just to pay for her own upkeep. Then she puts the rest of her energy/focus into her health, fitness, appearance, and romantic life.

I don't think any healthy person would put all of their energy into themselves. That sounds like a deeply solipsistic way to live life. Most people, even bad people, have hobbies like reading, team sports, art, volunteering, etc. You really want a woman whose ONLY interests are herself and dating?

Also, you want a woman who puts ALL of her energy into her health, fitness, and appearance with a part-time job? How exactly is she supposed to afford regular manicures, a gym membership, blowouts, lingerie, facials, etc with one part-time job? Forget "her own upkeep" (ew), how is she paying the rent?

It's not clear to me that the woman you desire actually exists. Maybe if you exclusively pursue spoiled heiresses and trustafarians you can find women who have enough money to look like supermodels while also not having any other passions than their own appearance, but your odds are exceedingly slim.

PS:

Women are hard out of the gate initially to get a man. However once they have a guy, they have to go back to putting a lot of their energy into their own sense of independence and ambition.

This is not true. Yes, everyone tries to impress a new partner in the beginning, but most people are still who they are; otherwise said partner wouldn't stick around. And women who strive in their careers aren't doing it for men, they're doing it for themselves. There was never a moment in the dating/engagement process where I put my career on hold for my husband. I can't imagine ever doing that.

• Like 2

A traditional woman would stay at home full time, raising the children and doing mothers groups, domestic work and volunteering at school. It's not all about caring for the husband :D

You don't want traditional - you want unicorn.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 9

It's easy for the human mind to divide things in two. You stand on this side and I'll stand on the other. It's great for presenting your point of view but real life tends to scramble the best efforts of those who wish to define the issue.

I've met some women that have defined the modern women. My dentist had 3 kids over the last five years, is very smart and in control of her life as far as I can tell. Forget her being a role model for her kids, she's a role model for me.

Not sure what she thinks of my life when I help my wife from her wheelchair into the dentist chair but I doubt it's a feeling of envy.

My wife has been a mixture of both modern and traditional in that she worked but did not focus on a career. If she had pursued a career I would have supported her. It would not have been hard since we have no children. How would it have changed her outlook on life? How would it have affected our relationship? It is something to ponder.

I still think it's a false premise to just present two categories. It just turns into a no win political fight.

I think the answer is spending a day at Walmart and observing the couples that roam the aisles. It will immediately answer the question as to whether there is "someone for everyone" in this world.

• Like 3
thefooloftheyear

**What do you constantly see men complaining about? My GF's sex drive is disappearing. My GF is getting fat. My GF has stopped putting effort into her appearance. My GF is moody all the time and seems to be distracted constantly. Then women will band together and say "It happens over time", "It is good she feels so comfortable to finally be herself", "Be more supportive of her hectic life", or my favorite "you don't love the real her".

But the honest truth is that it comes down to a sprinter mentality. Women are hard out of the gate initially to get a man. However once they have a guy, they have to go back to putting a lot of their energy into their own sense of independence and ambition. So guys suddenly meet the "real her".

Lot of truth there..

Anyway, don't put too much credence to many of the female posters saying these women don't exist..The women you are looking for exist, as a matter of fact, practically all of my female cousins fit your criteria.. Unicorns? nah.., there are enough of those types of women that its not that rare...But definitely far less than the typical woman you are negatively referring to..They have figured out how to balance their lives and not let their jobs/careers take them away from who they are...

The only issue I see is that you better bring a lot to the table...these women are often seen as the more desirable among men out there so you will have a lot of competition..

TFY

• Like 1

The only issue I see is that you better bring a lot to the table...these women are often seen as the more desirable among men out there so you will have a lot of competition..

bringing a lot to the table = money & resources

• Like 4
ExpatInItaly

OP, a question:

Are you planning to be the breadwinner in this sort of relationship, helping to fund the lifestyle you prefer a woman lead?

A part-time income is not going to cover the expenses related to the grooming and general maintenance of the woman you describe, in additional to paying her rent and bills.

• Like 4
A part-time income is not going to cover the expenses related to the grooming and general maintenance of the woman you describe, in additional to paying her rent and bills.

and it definitely won't pay for all the shoes :laugh:

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

Its not all about money and resources...

Most of these women are fit and take care of themselves...They want the same in a man...So if you are a dad bod or typical soft body, then you wont have any success chasing these women.. Good looking men with good bodies do well with these types....they don't need to be hedge fund managers..

TFY

How old are you? An older woman could fit that criteria easily. There are lot's of older women like myself exiting the workforce. For example at this time in my life I could live very well on part time work all by myself. It wouldn't be extravagant living but I would be comfortable. I worked very hard over the last 30 years full time paying all my bills being a responsible tax payer. Now I am debt free. I own my home and my car. They are out there.

I laughed when I read your post. Dude you don't know the half of what modern women do. Not only we HAVE TO work full time due to the cost of living, but like myself still does 90% of the household chores (my husband cuts the lawn), cook, do all the shopping, pay the bills, AND maintain myself. AND there are women out there that raise children on top of all that. We are working much harder than before.

You need to find yourself a time machine and dial it in to go back to 1955. lol

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 7
A traditional woman would stay at home full time, raising the children and doing mothers groups, domestic work and volunteering at school. It's not all about caring for the husband :D

You don't want traditional - you want unicorn.

I agree. I come from a traditional family and region. The sex and keeping fit for your man is not high on the list. In none of these relationships, which I've seen many be successful, weight gain for both man and wife is common, along the lines typical for Americans. In fact some of them consider the focus on sex, as the OP might imply, as not part of what they are about (it's enjoyed no doubt, but first and foremost for procreation).

@ DaddyDom

What you describe sounds more like a sub, sugar baby or a trophy (for want of a better word). I suspect from your user name you know about sub types, sugar baby is the kind of woman looking for a sugar daddy.

When I say trophy, I refer to a woman who is all you describe, she is well put together (its a point of pride) but wants a man to take the lead on things "masculine" and her "feminine." In my experience, which is very limited since these women are not my cup of tea, they expect their man to be "The Man" in that he is tall, fit (like triatholon fit), rich and with time to travel or supports her travel. She will certainly "cook" and "clean" but you need to be rich enough you can hire people to do this, her "cooking" is for fun not every day. Her "cleaning" is just picking up after herself, she ain't dong the bathrooms and if she has to then you are less than a real man who can't keep his women like a queen. Queens don't have to cook or clean. She knows she has "all the goods," and will make a man feel like a man, but you have to be all that. Again all in my limited experience.

As to "modern women", wow! Just wow. A lot of bias there.

The people you describe exist except I've found from professional and personal experience that these women, are almost invariably in shape; certainly on average and far, far more in shape than the average American. Yoga, spin, trainer (for weights) and running. It's certainly possible for them to date, just takes focus and scheduling and not TV or other time wasters. You are right they are not going to focus on keeping your life together.

Frankly, I think you can find what you are looking for. Your post would make a very good profile description to find a woman like that.

I see women's profiles that say that is what they are looking for (A King and them his Queen) but they are more the trophy type, that is there better be a great lifestyle of dining and travel to go with it, and you better be in shape, not guessing they make it clear that is what they are looking for.

Edited by SumGuy
  • Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

First, I think it's unfair to think this is just a wifey problem. There are countless wives unhappy with their choice in the men they picked to marry. Men who were full of promise, charisma, chivalry, consistency and effort, wooing them night and day until they locked it down and put a ring on it only to end up lazy and complacent.

Where did THAT guy go?!

Ever heard of the dad-bod? It's a very real thing.

This problem of the ole bait and switch is not exclusive to just men so you can save your belly aching :rolleyes:

Second, I think there are women out there who can be both traditional and modern/progressive. I consider myself to be such a woman. It's about balance and priorities.

Women are famous for being master multi-taskers particularly when we're supported and loved correctly by our men.

It's a two-way street, give and take that includes open and honest communication. This isn't rocket science for heaven's sake.

If you're hard pressed to find a woman who wants to be taken care of, whose sole purpose and reason for existence is to pamper and nurture YOU, that may be a bit harder to find these days if only because women have had to step up more and more in order to become the heroines in their own stories because men have failed them one too many times.

It's easy to only see one side but the reality is there are two sides to every story.

No one ever gets everything they want in a partner or relationship. It's about compromise and figuring out what you can live with and what your absolute deal breakers are and work from there.

Before you can expect the perfect woman to enter your life, make sure you're perfect for her.

• Like 3
The women you are looking for exist, as a matter of fact, practically all of my female cousins fit your criteria.. Unicorns? nah.., there are enough of those types of women that its not that rare...

Ok, but how old are your cousins?

Daddy Dom likes them in their 20s,..

How many 20 somethings are gonna want to cook and clean and look after Daddy Dom...??? Queens don't have to cook and clean... maids do that.

Even if she does want to play at the "little wife" for a while, she is going to get bored pretty quick.

There is more to life in 2019 than staring at the kitchen sink...

Housework will ruin her nails and cooking will make her hair all frizzy...

• Like 4
Its not all about money and resources...

Most of these women are fit and take care of themselves...They want the same in a man...So if you are a dad bod or typical soft body, then you wont have any success chasing these women.. Good looking men with good bodies do well with these types....they don't need to be hedge fund managers..

TFY

the first marriage and kids will be with the good looking/hot body men...the second marriage will be with the hedge fund manager

• Like 2
Ok, but how old are your cousins?

Daddy Dom likes them in their 20s,..

How many 20 somethings are gonna want to cook and clean and look after Daddy Dom...??? Queens don't have to cook and clean... maids do that.

Even if she does want to play at the "little wife" for a while, she is going to get bored pretty quick.

Housework will ruin her nails and cooking will make her hair all frizzy...

If he likes them this young then they would need a trust fund to fit his criteria. Not sure where he can find trust fund babies.... :lmao:

eleanorrigby
Call me old fashioned or chauvinistic if you will. But today's "modern woman" is a drag to be with and I prefer gender roles.

I'd love to have a more traditional feminine woman that works only 20hrs per week in something she is passionate about just to pay for her own upkeep. Then she puts the rest of her energy/focus into her health, fitness, appearance, and romantic life. She keeps a good home, cooks, maintains a high libido w/lingerie, etc., But most importantly she is fully focused on being present, vulnerable, and empathetic. She treats her man like a king because she deserves to be his queen.

If you can afford this lifestyle, go for it. But you should be prepared to afford it in its entirety.

I agree with the others. You're coming up short on your end of the bargain.

Come correct with a proposal of no job needed if she doesn't want it, a weekly maid, a nice expense account and a prenup that doesn't screw her over in the event of a divorce.

• Like 1
mark clemson

I suspect this is accurate for many.

DD, keep in mind that even if you find the "perfect" woman for you people change over time and after e.g. 8 years of low level career, staring at the living room walls, and satisfying your (mutual I assume) kinks, she may NEED a change of pace and new challenges in life. Don't assume she won't change (as will you).

I think part of the trick to LTRs is to be able to compromise enough to keep both of your needs met to a reasonable extent, while staying true to each other and supporting each other through the various problems that life tends to throw at us.

• Like 1
as a matter of fact, practically all of my female cousins fit your criteria.. Unicorns? nah.., there are enough of those types of women that its not that rare...But definitely far less than the typical woman you are negatively referring to..They have figured out how to balance their lives and not let their jobs/careers take them away from who they are...

TFY

Daddy Dom is well known for wanting young women (hence his name). Are your cousins who do this also young? What happens when the relationship ends and their resume has big holes in it like this? They can't be very employable. I guess they just go and find another sugar daddy.

I'll concede that these type of women do exist, but I find it sad that their lives are all focused on being beautiful and making the sugar daddy happy. Frankly, I'd use the word 'vapid' rather than 'traditional' when describing them.

• Like 3

Come correct with a proposal of no job needed if she doesn't want it, a weekly maid, a nice expense account and a prenup that doesn't screw her over in the event of a divorce.

This ^^

Your proposal puts her at high risk of low/under employment if the agreement ends. Very high risk situation for a woman to put herself in. Everything Eleanor writes, tied up in marriage would be an essential part of it for her.

Also, don't forget the cost of body enhancements. Injectables, botox and lots of beauty treatments are standard for this type of woman when she's young, then more signifcant surgery as she ages.

• Like 1
the first marriage and kids will be with the good looking/hot body men...the second marriage will be with the hedge fund manager

I had thought of her getting back into the workforce when it ends. But finding another guy to mooch off is indeed a career path.

• Like 1
major_merrick

While I consider staying at home to be an ideal situation for mother and kids, the expenses of modern life tend to make that impossible. As others have said, if you want to offer that you either have to have a lot of money (like my husband) or you need to find a woman who prioritizes relaxation and family over wealth, new cars, and a nice house.

I think it is possible to find some aspects of a traditional housewife. Given enough money, many girls would be happy to stay home. Society is working hard to train that out of today's women, though, and make them grab for a career.

I've done the career thing. I've made my money, I bought a nice house and paid it off, etc. It wasn't enough. I'm now settling down into a stay-at-home mother role and it fits me. And I've been pretty into girl power most of my life. I never wear dresses or makeup. True feminism isn't what you see in the world today - that's just corporate BS. True feminism is about ME getting to choose MY life, whatever that looks like and however crazy it is. Find someone who wants what you want....it is kind of the core of being compatible anyways.

• Like 1
I'd love to have a more traditional feminine woman that works only 20hrs per week in something she is passionate about just to pay for her own upkeep.

Got a chuckle out of the fact that, even while meeting your specific criteria, she has to pay her own way. Good luck getting this order filled...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 7
I had thought of her getting back into the workforce when it ends. But finding another guy to mooch off is indeed a career path.

:laugh::lmao: