Is this just a start or am I being dramatic

DrPhilsPubes

DrPhilsPubes

Ok. Last night my boyfriend and I got into a pretty heated argument. He was high and I was drunk just to be transparent. We start yelling at each other. Like equally screaming and calling each other names and then he pushes me.

A couple weeks earlier he slaps me really hard from behind on the back because of something I said.

I’m not trying to file any court case or anything I’m just wondering if abuse is a start slow type of thing or I’m just tripping and this is how every couple kinda works. Sorry if this sounds stupid.

In our 27 years together, my husband has never raised his voice at me, let alone pushed or hit me. So from my angle, this is not at all normal.

What were you arguing about when he pushed you? And when he hit you on the back, what had you said? I'm not at all blaming you for being hit, but am curious about whether he gets upset easily...or if you'd said something quite appalling.

• Author
DrPhilsPubes
In our 27 years together, my husband has never raised his voice at me, let alone pushed or hit me. So from my angle, this is not at all normal.

What were you arguing about when he pushed you? And when he hit you on the back, what had you said? I'm not at all blaming you for being hit, but am curious about whether he gets upset easily...or if you'd said something quite appalling.

We had went to the store together and I asked if he wanted me to make spaghetti and he saw me picking out all the ingredients. Then after I am done making everything he rinses out the meat and tells me he doesn’t like red sauce I get upset and start asking him why he didn’t tell me before I bought everything. This leads to him calling me insane and saying I’ve ruined a perfectly good night and it leads to us arguing about the money he owes me and him generally being inconsiderate and when we started yelling at each other face to face he pushed me