Why is this happening?

My sympathies. This is enough to keep me from moving in with a guy. Seriously, I read something somewhere about people who cover their house of photos with living children. Like why? They're still alive. Why have a shrine? Having photos on walls and tables everywhere in the house just looks junky.

Seriously, I'd tell him to pick his favorites and give him a number and tell him it looks like an old hoarder lady's house and you're not having it.

She doesn't want them on the wall cluttering up her already decorated walls and they're already all over the place. He's the one going too far here. You know, most people these days just look at them on their phone. My friend with a family doesn't have photos of her kids all over the place at all. That's something old people with no life do.

This comment is a bit below the belt and Im assuming you don't have children. Putting up pictures of your children is not like a shrine as you so morbidly put it. People with children are proud and like have pictures of their beautiful children to make them happy, with happy memories.

• Like 1

I have always told my wife that there is a lot to be said for a plain blank wall.

• Like 1
PegNosePete
Good! So then you agree that he has every right to have as much a say in decorating as she does. Thank you!

No, I said nothing of the sort. But if you want to believe that's what I said, then I'm happy that you're happy, and let's move on :)

• Like 2
No, I said nothing of the sort. But if you want to believe that's what I said, then I'm happy that you're happy, and let's move on :)

So when someone moves in somewhere, it's not their home? What is it then?

Again, the OP, who hasn't been back since the day she started the thread, needs to decide if he's effectively renting a room from her or if they're partners. Two different approaches...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
PegNosePete

I said "let's move on" because I don't believe this debate is helping the OP.

You believe that when someone moves into their partner's home, it instantly becomes their joint home.

I believe that when someone moves into their partner's home, it becomes a joint home over time.

Let's just leave it there rather than pointlessly squabbling which isn't helping the OP at all. As Mr Lucky says, the OP who is hopefully still reading despite not contributing, has heard both sides and now needs to decide what to do.