A short rant - dreamed about xMM

• Author
HadMeOverABarrel

Quick question for anyone who cares to weigh in...

I joined LS almost 3 years ago. I feel like the overall tone of the responses here now are more kind, helpful, thoughtful, etc. than when I first joined (overall generally speaking).

That's not to discount any of the posts from before because these were hugely instrumental and beneficial to me.

My question is: has the tone changed from previous years or is it that I have adopted a new paradigm?

If paradigm, it will indicate a significant shift in myself from before.

Edited by HadMeOverABarrel
  • Like 2
mark clemson

I can't speak to 3 years ago. It seems like feedback has gotten a bit more respectful over the 3 months (maybe 4 as I lurked for a while) I've been here. I think perhaps the mods are on very on top of things (e.g. I think 30 posts got deleted from a thread recently) and perhaps some folks have left (for whatever reasons)?

I do miss one "cynic" poster in particular - Mrs. December. Although I would never express myself the way she did, I found her "brass tacks, whats-in-it-for-them" analysis of a situation quite interesting, and I suspect useful for the OPs. Not sure if she just left or got moderated a lot but in any event, she was good IMO.

• Like 2
Bittersweetie

So I've been here a long time now. I do think that lately there have been many posters to give advice with more caring and understanding, and less judging. However this site is also much more moderated than it used to be, so accusatory and name-calling posts are deleted quickly. When I was first here, there were many posters who were antagonistic, especially toward MW. Yet once I learned their history, it was easy to understand why. At first I blocked many posters, but as I grew more, I learned from those posters, even if their words were not shared in a "pretty" package, because it was a valuable perspective on these actions.

I do think some of the perspective change on posts is based on our own growth. I've seen, many times, that the posters who get most angry about "mean" posts are the ones newer on the journey, which again, is understandable. I was definitely more defensive about my choices early on in the process. Like I've said many times, the posts that piss me off the most are the ones hitting a nerve I need to examine. I just wasn't ready to examine much early on.

I think it's great that so many supportive people are here. Hopefully it will stay that way!

• Like 1