How does one find/get/court an attractive Asian lady?

bluesfan

^^^I’m East Asian ethnically and I’ll never date a guy who targets women of my ethnic background, much less someone who has trouble attracting a quality woman of his own race.

• Like 2
^^^I’m East Asian ethnically and I’ll never date a guy who targets women of my ethnic background, much less someone who has trouble attracting a quality woman of his own race.

so you would never date a brown or desi guy?

I don't know why so many ladies hate on a dude for having dating preferences. .

No we dont. If Keanu Reeves says he prefers Asian I'd be flattered as hell. But if some loser says he loves Asian, ewwww fetishhhhh

:lmao:

• Like 2
mark clemson
I don't know why so many ladies hate on a dude for having dating preferences.

I'd venture a guess that in part it's because it's not them it's their race that is attracting you? And the idea that they are satisfying a fetish, rather than being appreciated for who they are is dehumanizing to a certain extent. It's probably not intended that way by the guy, but I suspect it comes across that way to them.

But that's just my guess. I'm neither Asian nor female.

• Like 2
  • Author
I don't know why so many ladies hate on a dude for having dating preferences. I know I have never looked down at a girl for preferring white guys. Since I am a white guy, and she likes white guys, I am just flattered. I have had Asian women and Mexican women hit on me and come right out and say they love white guys. I guess I just don't get why some women would have a problem actually being someone's preference. It seems like a compliment to me.

I find Japanese and Korean women to be the same amount of attractiveness as I do a white female I find attractive. No difference.

crispytoast
I know I have never looked down at a girl for preferring white guys. Since I am a white guy, and she likes white guys, I am just flattered.

As a white guy, I would be put off by a girl saying she prefers white males. I can understand liking, but preferring? I would feel like she has difficulty understanding and respecting other cultures. Sort of like how I feel like bluesfan is wildly ignorant and insensitive to Asian cultures.

I'd venture a guess that in part it's because it's not them it's their race that is attracting you?

Also, this. Like if I didn't have white skin, she would like me less? I don't need somebody like that in my life.

• Like 2
so you would never date a brown or desi guy?

Where did I say that?

I was on OLD for 3 brief weeks, and 90% of the guys who messaged me were not East Asian ethnically. But I could smell a mile away if it was someone who specifically targeted East Asian women; these guys would say some extremely offensive stuff without their realizing it.

Actually the above applies to men who hit on me in real life as well. I think women who don’t find them offensive and annoying might be the gold-diggers people described in this thread.

desi guys are looking for a desi girl

When people say “targeting a particular race”, it means the race that’s not his/her own.

• Like 1
I don't know why so many ladies hate on a dude for having dating preferences.

I'm not a lady.

Being attracted to a woman's looks or intrigued by her culture is not the same thing as attributing a whole bunch of traits to a person or group of people (in this case Asian women) because of their ethnicity.

Google "yellow fever." There are plenty of articles both scholarly and personal regarding the fetishizing of Asian women in Western culture. It's very real.

Generally people don't like being fetishized, unless it's in a specifically sexual situation, whether it's for their race, their body, their age or any other reason. On the other hand, some people are skilled at taking advantage of those who fetishize what they have / represent - thus the "marry a hot Asian babe" websites.

My sister in law is from Malaysia. We have had many in depth conversations about this.

• Like 2

l was thinking about this thread because l remembered back when l was on a date site we have a lot of Asian have moved and settled here you'd probably have to where ever you are. Some of them are single and looking for a partner just like anyone else.

l remember there were Asian women on my site without going anywhere , just look through your date site and meet some women there.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1
Are there any dating sites that cater to people looking for Asian women?

Yes there are but, like all online dating sites they are fraught with risk.

I second the notion of looking into churches and University areas. Asian cluster together many times living in the same apartment complex. I once discovered a access controlled housing complex that was all middle aged Asians with women predominating.

For those of you that became instantly suspicious,I was there on legitimate business. My music group was playing a party.

Try to make friends with Asian men. If they like you they can introduce you to eligible Asian women but it's usually for a LTR.

Live the dream. I agree there is nothing prettier than a willow-wand Asian girl in a colorful summer dress.

Yes my wife knows I think Asian woman are attractive and despite that we just passed our 45th wedding anniversary. I like German girls too.

Try to make friends with Asian men. If they like you they can introduce you to eligible Asian women but it's usually for a LTR.

dude, those Asian men are interested in those eligible Asian women, why would they introduce competitors?

dude, those Asian men are interested in those eligible Asian women, why would they introduce competitors?

It's a family oriented structure. I'm not talking about American Asian girls. I'm talking about first generation asians. If you date one of those you have to pass the family test and it may be a lot like running a gauntlet of Klingon pain sticks.

It's not an easy way to meet Asian women but it is one avenue depending on what you are looking for.

I agree with this. Go about it honestly and inclusively. Let's face it, some Asian woman isn't going to really trust a guy who doesn't also have some male Asian friends! That right there tells them you're just fetishing and all about sex. They're going to feel more inclined if they meet you through some Asian men the organic way.

I'm going to admit my own limitations in this area that I'm overcoming. I'm afraid to talk to people who I might not be able to understand. I don't want it to be awkward. But now the more I'm meeting Asian people just out and about, I realize that doesn't happen as much as it used to. So many were born and raised here. Pretty much, if they are working in a diverse workplace where English is spoken, they are going to be fluent in English. Now, if they have stayed sequested in their own culture including the workplace, I expect it's a mixed bag.

Anyway, I am just now starting to make a couple of Asian male acquaintances. One is a host at my favorite restaurant and we chitchat a lot. The other two are cops, and one doesn't seem chatty but works in my neighborhood. The other cop I just have met twice and he just seems really cool and gives me his first name and he's got some genuine swag, wearing those aviator glasses and just his overall confident demeanor is hot. (No, he's young enough to be my grandson, but I'm old, not blind.) He reminds me of Bruno Mars' attitude.

So just encouraging all you guys who want to import an Asian lady to maybe at least make some Asian friends right where you live. I am pretty sure most of them would love if you just came up and talked to them, just like you like it when people are friendly to you.

• Like 1

I'm sure that's true for some of them who are hungry, and maybe more so than in the general population, but all your friends would probably rather not introduce you to someone they were interested in. I could understand it if they were, BUT they are not silly enough to think they can stop it if their women want to date outside the culture. Yes, it's true, you may run into some obstacles from very traditional parents in any culture, and that's a serious concern, but no more with Asians than most others. For me, that is a big deal and one I'm not willing to deal with, personally. I always wanted someone who was mature and made their own decisions and wasn't under their parents' thumb as an adult. But again, this can happen with all types.

• Author
I'm sure that's true for some of them who are hungry, and maybe more so than in the general population, but all your friends would probably rather not introduce you to someone they were interested in. I could understand it if they were, BUT they are not silly enough to think they can stop it if their women want to date outside the culture. Yes, it's true, you may run into some obstacles from very traditional parents in any culture, and that's a serious concern, but no more with Asians than most others. For me, that is a big deal and one I'm not willing to deal with, personally. I always wanted someone who was mature and made their own decisions and wasn't under their parents' thumb as an adult. But again, this can happen with all types.

Who cares if their parents dictate them? I mean if they're pretty and the sex is good.

Asian woman are "pay to play" when it comes to men. If you don't have mucho ca$h you can pretty much forget this idea...

Wow. That's totally ridiculous and insulting. Believe it or not, there are white, black, tan, red American woman who only date rich men.

Perhaps you're speaking of those Asian (almost always Korean where I'm from) bars where they expect a "drinky" for their time. UGH

So I'd do better if I lived in Vancouver for example?

So having expectations to get an Asian girl that looks like a Moranbong girl is unrealistic?

Please don't assume that all Asian's are the same. I have Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Filipino friends. All have different upbringing and thought processes. If you want a "Moranbong" type girl, then simply say you're interested in Korean women who tend to be more outspoken than say Japanese women. Like any other culture, different Asian cultures are different from each other. It's like saying the English and the Russians are the same even though the commonality is simply being Caucasian.

Wow. That's totally ridiculous and insulting. Believe it or not, there are white, black, tan, red American woman who only date rich men.

Perhaps you're speaking of those Asian (almost always Korean where I'm from) bars where they expect a "drinky" for their time. UGH

I get my ideas from the movie Crazy Rich Asians :lmao:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

New video of the Moranbong New Year's performance with different camera angles.

I soooo wanna plow them!