He's not ready for a relationship

He misses your weekly comfortable and established get together for sex. He's testing the waters to see if you're willing to start back up.

It's very typical of guys who don't want a relationship but like the reliability and safety of having someone there when they need some sex and attention.

He's not offering you anything new, or anything more than you had before.

Continue ignoring him.

• Like 1
spiritedaway2003

Bookmark this:

It's a hard truth, but here's some tough love: He is stringing you along and using you for sex. As long as you give it, he'll continue take it. He's going to try to reel you in again and again.

Do you want that? Plenty of posters have pointed out what you don't want to see. If that's not what you want, ignore his messages and move on.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

I had not been in contact at all with the man mentioned in this thread since mid-June when I broke it off with him, until last week when he emailed me out of the blue - That is about 2 months after our last text message exchange.

His email said:

"I was wondering about you recently and if everything is ok with you. Did you finally figure out the issue with xxx? All the best."

A few days later, I replied with:

"Thank you for wondering me about recently. I moved out of xxx city almost 2 months ago. I am now in yyy town and I'm doing well. Best wishes to you too"

THEN, he replied with:

"I am angry with you! You never said goodbye. Gosh... What are you doing in yyy town?"

--

My questions to you: Why is he angry with me? (The tone and exclamations in the email indicated that he was actually angry) What does he want from me? He was the one who didn't want a relationship with me!!! Should I reply, saying something like, "I have moved one. Please also move on"?

Beendaredonedat

No, just block and delete him and be done with him once and for all. Take with you the ego stroke that he reached out to you first and then laugh as you delete his butt from your existence.

I told you the statement below back in post #7... the advice applies more now than ever.

Don't let him hoover you back in for more of the same.

Edited by Beendaredonedat
  • Like 2

Block, delete, forget. Do not respond to anything anymore. All you're doing when you respond is feeding his ego. You're letting him know you're still on the string and he'll keep you there for when every other option is dried up and he wants to get laid again. The message to him is "hey, I'm still here waiting and you can treat me like a doormat and come and go all you want".