Dating post divorce

OatsAndHall

I don't think this a time frame that be quantified and is subjective based on the individual. Everyone heals at their own pace and needs to figure this one out on their own. Honestly, I got over my ex-wife relatively quickly, for a number of reasons. But, it was a major life change for me and it took me awhile to bounce back from that. I started dating within six months of the divorce and I was just trying to cure my loneliness and boredom.

FWIW - when I was in divorce process, therapist suggested 1 month per year of the relationship before dating.

• Author
I don't think this a time frame that be quantified and is subjective based on the individual. Everyone heals at their own pace and needs to figure this one out on their own. Honestly, I got over my ex-wife relatively quickly, for a number of reasons. But, it was a major life change for me and it took me awhile to bounce back from that. I started dating within six months of the divorce and I was just trying to cure my loneliness and boredom.

I guess that’s the question, how do you know you’re truly ready and not just fighting loneliness? Do you think you should have waited longer?