Was it fair for my cousin (male) to also get suspended for pushing a girl?

• Author
SocialButterfly
No, but there nothing is ever fair. Most people will look for a quick suspension with no investigations and that's it. I don't condone it, but she's lucky she only got pushed down. Some people are far less tolerant of that and will do a heck of a lot worse.
Yeah my cousin didn't want to do more and he felt some guilt. He still does but wishes she leaves him alone. He's not interested in her at all.
  • Author
SocialButterfly
It's not right for a boy to treat a girl that way and it's not right for a girl to treat a boy that way either. But teachers generally don't want to intervene.
This basically. No one likes being treated poorly nor receive abuse. My cousin doesn't like her at all.
crispytoast
It sounds like he acted in self defense.

However, in this world of zero tolerance for school violence & bullying even the victim gets suspended. The schools are using a misguided approaching teaching children not to stick up for themselves or solve their own problems but instead come tattling to an adult. Since that is the policy, any child who doesn't behave in accordance with that policy gets suspended for being violent.

Yep. When I was a freshman (14) I was a self-conscious socially awkward gamer nerd. There were three sophomore jocks who harassed me incessantly the entire school year. One day they surrounded me and started pushing me around so I threw them to the ground one by one in front of a group of onlookers. I defended myself against multiple people and all four of us got suspended. If I had done nothing they likely would have beat me up. School rules aren't always fair. It's reflective of life.

• Like 1