Putting out the right bait

These days it is just some autotuned person attempting to sing over some basic stuff I could play on a fisher price keyboard.

You kids get off my lawn! ;)

Hey Woggle, I agree with you. But I'm old :)

I love classic rock and blues and jazz. I tend to be a music snob and have to remind myself regularly that we all experience music in a different way, different things speak to different souls. That's the beauty of music.

I think that good bait is the ability to laugh at yourself. There seem to be a whole lot of permanently single posters who take themselves very seriously. They second guess each and every move they make. I would much rather go on a date with someone who has a good laugh when we realise his shirt is on inside out than someone who gets embarrassed or worried about it being a bad mistake.

I guess it goes back to the good old self confidence thing.

• Like 1
women are hard-wired to be attracted to power and resources (i.e. money) whereas men are hard-wired to be attracted to youth and beauty.

it has always worked like that and will always work like that

So why is it that men who aren't wealthy still find love? And women who aren't beautiful find love?

Let's face it, most guys aren't wealthy and most women aren't beautiful. Instead, most of us are degrees of average.

• Like 1
True but you listen to their music and you can hear the passion and the talent. You can hear the passion and the talent in 80s pop as well when pop music was still good. These days it is just some autotuned person attempting to sing over some basic stuff I could play on a fisher price keyboard.

I actually think the music of the 80's was horrible. Too much synthetic sounds, drum machines and so on. Albums were rushed and under prepared. And I'm talking across all genres.

So why is it that men who aren't wealthy still find love? And women who aren't beautiful find love?

Let's face it, most guys aren't wealthy and most women aren't beautiful. Instead, most of us are degrees of average.

one takes what they can get

birds of a feather flock together

women are hard-wired to be attracted to power and resources (i.e. money) whereas men are hard-wired to be attracted to youth and beauty.

it has always worked like that and will always work like that

Except when it doesn't work like that.

My attractive and accomplished high earning wife has dumped guys who earned much more than me and that has included ones who asked her to marry them.

Likewise when my wife asked me out on our first date, she was in a sexual relationship with a guy who earned more than me. Plus she earned more than me, had more money in the bank, and owned her own new car outright that she bought with her own cash (I didn't have a car).

Yet that didn't stop her asking me out and then dumping the other guy shortly after that. Despite having plenty of suitors herself, while I also payed child support as well (I didn't lack for female suitors either).

Then there was that 19 year old woman, when I was 21 and separated from my ex-wife. Who came from a stupendously wealthy family, who asked me to be her boyfriend with promises of keeping me in gifts and money if I would have her.

On and on etc, theres been plenty. The common theme from the women I have been with, was they didn't care that I didn't have lots of money. Yet they always carried on about how beautiful my looks supposedly were (I look a lot like Matthew Broderick except I have blue eyes), and I am short as well.

• Like 1

I understand the theory but I have no idea how to bait men in the right way. I don't even know what I'm doing wrong but it must be huge.

Snowcones, how are your flirting skills? Do you consider yourself open and easy to talk with?

Curiousroxy86

hmmmm I wonder wtf I put out?

I am confident but I am not at all "extra". I guess I do come off as person who keeps to herself and isnt all that social. what do people like that tend to attract I wonder?

Curiousroxy86

most people just put out who they naturally are lol

I guess there should be some management on their end

empaths attract narcissists.

givers attract takers

guess they should be narcissistic and selfish then lol

maybe not all the way as far as changing their personality. but have self respect, boundaries, and look after there own self interests to repel riff raff

Snowcones, how are your flirting skills? Do you consider yourself open and easy to talk with?

When I like a guy I seem to flirt and talk pretty good. I "bait" men (whatever that means) but I seem to bait all the wrong men. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and assuming this theory is correct, I don't know how to do it right.

Well, you bait the men your attracted to, the problem is not the bait, but the type of guys you're attracted too.

People tend to date the same people with different names but expect different outcomes. They close themselves off to people outside of that spectrum.

• Like 1
mark clemson

Agree. Snowcones it sounds like you have a "type" but that perhaps that type is this wrong kind of guy unfortunately.

Maybe trying reflecting on your life experience with people and consciously choosing to act "baity" with someone who appears to be more the kind of person you actually need in your life.

Easier said than done, I suspect - but probably worth trying.

• Like 1
When I like a guy I seem to flirt and talk pretty good. I "bait" men (whatever that means) but I seem to bait all the wrong men. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and assuming this theory is correct, I don't know how to do it right.

this is common snowcones, you aren't doing anything wrong