Ex girlfriend had sex with another guy after less than a week

@jospêh

You haven't done a single thing anyone's asked you to do. You even have a working excuse for why you're not in NC. Because of that, you've ended up situations that continue to give you more material to dwell on.

Suddenly all is forgotten, she's texting you and you don't know why or even ask why and you two kiss. Yes, you got some momentary pleasure out of it, but what happened to the other guy? What about the fact that she dumped you multiple times in the past? Why did that happened? The fact that things weren't discussed and were swept under the rug is a bad sign that you disrespecting yourself and that she's being insincere.

I think this girl realized this guy she was with was just a rebound and that her attempts to run from her personal issues by jumping into a new relationship didn't work. Now she's alone, vulnerable and feeling like crap and using you for comfort, until she's ready to bounce to the next guy. Either that, or she got into a fight with him, which they'll fix.

The only thing you've continued to showed her is that she can do whatever she wants and you'll be there as her crutch, whenever she falls. A girl like this will not find the respect to want to be with you in the longterm because for one, you're always there. And two, you're proving that you'll forgo your well-being to keep her in your life, no matter what she does.

You're ignoring the big picture of your situation, because all you want is to get back together. I'll caution you to read the first post you ever posted on your thread. Look at how you felt? Look at the title of this thread. You want to go through that again? Because this time, it's going to be your fault you get hurt.

Edited by Beachead
  • Like 1
ExpatInItaly
I think this girl realized this guy she was with was just a rebound and that her attempts to run from her personal issues by jumping into a new relationship didn't work. Now she's alone, vulnerable and feeling like crap and using you for comfort, until she's ready to bounce to the next guy. Either that, or she got into a fight with him, which they'll fix.

You're ignoring the big picture of your situation, because all you want is to get back together. I'll caution you to read the first post you ever posted on your thread. Look at how you felt? Look at the title of this thread. You want to go through that again? Because this time, it's going to be your fault you get hurt.

All of the above. Well-put.

I once was this girl, OP, when I was young and immature. And believe me when I say I had no intention of getting back together with my then-ex. He was just an easy option when the single life was boring. I didn't stop until I actually met a guy I wanted to date. Only then did I really understand how selfish I'd been toward my ex, and the guilt ate me up - lesson learned.

We never reconciled; I never wanted to. But I did stop contacting him completely and we both moved on. That was two decades ago now, but I still cringe when I think of what a jerk I was. I see my younger self in this ex of yours, and she's not going to stick around, man.

• Like 1

Can't say I blame you for doing this. It's the path of least resistance and it's also what you think you want, so I can see how tempting it would be.

That out of the way, you're absolutely setting yourself up to be crushed. No one who leaves you multiple times can be counted on not to do it again. You're fooling yourself if you think you can brace yourself for the likelihood that she will detach again when she finds someone new she wants. And since you two aren't together this time, she technically won't be doing anything wrong when she does choose someone else.

This girl is going to crush you and this time, it's going to be all your fault.

• Like 1