Should I assume this guy isn’t interested anymore?

greenlights0000

• Author
greenlights0000

Not all guys are shy to the point that a woman has to chase a man down. Of course guys on here are going to say a woman should ask out the man because the majority of them have been rejected. I honestly wouldn’t want a man who is shy and takes a backseat on everything to the point that I have to make decisions on everything including picking a restaurant. I prefer confident men who know what they want.

Shining One
Not all guys are shy to the point that a woman has to chase a man down. Of course guys on here are going to say a woman should ask out the man because the majority of them have been rejected. I honestly wouldn’t want a man who is shy and takes a backseat on everything to the point that I have to make decisions on everything including picking a restaurant. I prefer confident men who know what they want.
You have to keep in mind that dating is competitive, for both men and women. When you draw a line at a certain point, you're potentially losing out to women who are willing to go a bit further. I don't need a woman to chase me down, nor do I take a backseat to everything and put all of the decision-making on the woman. However, I have almost always favored the women who went "further" to express their interest. Here are two personal examples:

One time, I was in a lounge. I had just made eye contact and exchanged smiles with a woman across the room. I was making my way over to talk to her when another woman grabbed me by the arm, held up a drink and said: "You have to try this." Within a few minutes, I wasn't even thinking about the first woman any more.

Years ago, I was out clubbing. I had danced with several women that night and I got a few numbers. One of the women asked me for my phone. She put in her name, her number, and took a silly selfie for the contact picture. Out of all the numbers I got that night, she was the only one I called.

I mean, four days is nothing. People work and have lives. But I wouldn't worry about the whole thing. He'll either text again or he won't. When he does, maybe you should say, "So let's go do something."

• Author
greenlights0000
You have to keep in mind that dating is competitive, for both men and women. When you draw a line at a certain point, you're potentially losing out to women who are willing to go a bit further. I don't need a woman to chase me down, nor do I take a backseat to everything and put all of the decision-making on the woman. However, I have almost always favored the women who went "further" to express their interest. Here are two personal examples:

One time, I was in a lounge. I had just made eye contact and exchanged smiles with a woman across the room. I was making my way over to talk to her when another woman grabbed me by the arm, held up a drink and said: "You have to try this." Within a few minutes, I wasn't even thinking about the first woman any more.

Years ago, I was out clubbing. I had danced with several women that night and I got a few numbers. One of the women asked me for my phone. She put in her name, her number, and took a silly selfie for the contact picture. Out of all the numbers I got that night, she was the only one I called.

Well, I’m assertive by nature. Where would I draw the line between “expressing a guy’s interest vs stalker/clingy behavior? I tend to send a guy like 10 texts if he doesn’t respond to my first text. You don’t mean to tell me this is what a woman is suppose to do? Send a guy 20 texts?

Well, I’m assertive by nature. Where would I draw the line between “expressing a guy’s interest vs stalker/clingy behavior? I tend to send a guy like 10 texts if he doesn’t respond to my first text. You don’t mean to tell me this is what a woman is suppose to do? Send a guy 20 texts?

You’re being dramatic to jump from complete silence to 10-20 texts in a row? How about sending just a text (or two at most) and wait for him to respond?

• Like 1
... he’s the man he’s suppose to pursue in the beginning.

both parties are supposed to pursue in the beginning

• Author
greenlights0000

Well, I’m assertive by nature. Where would I draw the line between “expressing a guy’s interest vs stalker/clingy behavior? I tend to send a guy like 10 texts if he doesn’t respond to my first text. You don’t mean to tell me this is what a woman is suppose to do? Send a guy 20 texts? Approach a guy,Nag a guy to hang out with me? The reason why I’m stuck in some rigid “old fashion”’ behavior is because I’ve been called a stalker before all because I messaged him like 40 times on instant messenger then after he didn’t respond to those I emailed him and he didn’t respond to those. Geez. I don’t know about you but a women chasing down a man looks ugly. Do you honestly think he wa shy? Nope. Turned out he was engaged and didn’t me want to anymore.