Is it appropriate for a guy with a girlfriend to dance with another girl?

greenlights0000

You think guys like to dance? About 100% of the time they go to the clubs to pick up girls.

You said he didn't try to 'pick you up.' If that's how you feel about this then next time, if there is one, decline the dance and stay in a corner.

Not sure of your question at this point. You danced, you went home with no untoward behavior.

Did you want him to come on to you?

• Like 2

OP: So what’s your conclusion? Why did you accept to dance with him if you expected him to be like those previous guys with sexual motives? From what you wrote though, this guy acted like a total gentleman. Did you want us to say he found you so attractive that he couldn’t resist dancing with you?

• Like 1
outwithpeterpan
You think guys like to dance? About 100% of the time they go to the clubs to pick up girls.

Yes, some men (and women) genuinely like to dance.

Generally speaking, the fact that you have a platonic relationship makes you a better dance partner. He could ask a stranger, and they might say no, or misinterpret it as hitting on them, or look at him funny. Or.... he could just dance with a friend. People who are interested in dancing look at it as an activity to enjoy, not just a way to pick up the opposite sex. The fact that it's a nightclub setting doesn't make the ethos of swapping partners any less relevant. That's what people who like dancing do. Dance with their friends.

Just say no if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1
The Outlaw

Since it didn't go any further than arm touching and twirling you around, I don't see it as being inappropriate.

• Like 1

Even though all they did was dance and he didn't do anything inappropriate or try to get together, she is hoping he has a thing for her.

• Like 2
I’m always leerly when a guy wants to dance with me at these wild clubs because

a) they are on the prowl about 100% of the time.

b) they want to get a hard on and want to grind up on me -which happened to me before and one guy even had the nerve to put his hand down my pants almost fingering me before I walked away.

C) or guys that are interested and dance to break the ice to get my number.

We all understood what kind of nightclub you were talking about & we're familiar with the kind of dancing that occurs in those places.

Still, yes, there are men who like to dance. Despite your skepticism, you started by confirming that the man in Q danced with you. He did not grind on you. He did not hit on you. In fact all he did was dance. So his behavior remains absolutely fine. Again, since you did not like his behavior it was incumbent upon you to move away from him, not curtail his enjoyment of his evening.

Yes, there are creeps in clubs. But there are creeps everywhere. The existence of creeps does not automatically make every guy a creep. Being vigilant is important for your own safety but you can take it to far & turn paranoid.

stillafool
Yeah, probably was playing gentlemen. I think some of you don’t know what kind of “club” I’m talking about. I’m talking about a sweaty, loud, bunch of 20 year olds, bachelorette parties, playing hip hop music on a Saturday night, where people are drunk and spilling alcohol all over the floor. I’m not talking about the “elegant” ballroom, salsa dancing with 50 year old couples. I’m always leerly when a guy wants to dance with me at these wild clubs because

a) they are on the prowl about 100% of the time.

b) they want to get a hard on and want to grind up on me -which happened to me before and one guy even had the nerve to put his hand down my pants almost fingering me before I walked away.

C) or guys that are interested and dance to break the ice to get my number.

Well if you feel this way about guys at clubs why do you go? Would you prefer no guys hitting on women at clubs? If so, go to gay or lesbian clubs. Don't dance with men if you feel they are going to grind up on you. Dance with your girlfriends instead. It's really simple.

• Like 1