I want a girlfriend so badly but I don't meet any women naturally

AceTheBrain7

• Author
AceTheBrain7
You're acting like your "specs" entitle you to someone. They don't. They might help what you naturally give off if what you give off is good.

I'm in my mid 40s and haven't made a dime over 60K in a single year. I'm active but have love handles. I probably have 3 people I consider real friends, and yet, I've dated great looking childless girls aged between 27 and 30 since I was well, 27-30. Your attitude or something you're giving off is holding you back. Don't gimme this crap about looking better in real life.

can you explain how you're meeting these women?

Are you randomly approaching them at bars or stores? Are you meeting them through friends or work?

What's your gameplan? do you approach 20 and just hope 1 in 20 is open to going out with you?

• Author
AceTheBrain7
I agree with a lot of this, however, I think his apparent level of intelligence would be highly appealing to most women. Looks are, however, far less important to women than they are to men. Kind, intelligent men who can make it in the world are way ahead of the game.

I don't agree with this

I've gone out with tons and tons and tons of men to bars and clubs and other night events. The only guy I've ever seen do well with women was a borderline male model

Women nowadays have incredibly high standards in everything. For online dating sites, you have to look like a male model to get a decent looking 27-30 year old with no kids and decent body

• Author
AceTheBrain7
I agree that you sound like a great catch. You know, my son is close to your age and he’s had two very significant relationships in his life - one was with someone he met in high school and they dated up through the majority of their college years. She was very pretty and is now an attorney. His current gf, also very pretty, is someone he met where she worked at a bar/restaurant while with friends that were mutual acquaintances. They just started chatting, etc. That was 5 yrs ago.

My son has always dated pretty women. He had a short-lived relationship with one that was absolutely stunning. When I asked him why he stopped dating her, he said she was really quiet and he needed someone he can have conversations with. Lol. I really like that he needs to be with someone with substance.

I get your frustration but there’s someone out there for you. Change your mind set that they’re all taken or that they have a short attention span.

exactly my point - your son met them through work and friends

If you don't meet women through friends and work, just getting a date is incredibly, massively difficult unless you look like a male model

• Author
AceTheBrain7
I think you’re possibly taking yourself too seriously. A lot of women feel the same way - that men rarely approach them in public and most of them are just out for immediate sex.

If you see someone in public that appeals to you, try to chat with them about something in your current surroundings. In other words, try to draw them out in conversation before actually asking them out. Try to keep in mind that good looking women are often approached in a disrespectful manner by a lot of men. Be different by being considerate. If you’re nice but she’s rude back, then blow her off. There’s no excuse for a woman to be rude to a man who approaches her in a respectful manner. I know it must be tough to encounter that but you have to learn to shake it off. I was never, ever rude to a man who approached me. The only time I ever acted slightly cold was when he just wouldn’t take no for an answer after I politely turned him down because I either wasn't interested, had a bf, husband, etc.

You should only approach women that appeal to you. Your taste is your taste and there’s nothing wrong with that. And if you don’t want her to be older than you, even by a few years, there’s nothing wrong with that either.

just heads up, I never ever approach in any way that's creepy, pushy, sexual, any nonsense like that

I'm extremely polite, I only want a girlfriend so I don't say or do anything sexual (in fact, I would stop seeing a girl if she started talking sexually on the first date), I'm not pushy at all. I'm all about making women feel comfortable around me.

but again, it's massively difficult to convert a good 10-20 minute conversation somewhere to actual dating. Most women are not open to giving somebody they don't know a chance unless he is absolutely stunning. I'm a good looking man but I'm only in that top 10-30% for facial attractiveness (I know looks are HIGHLY subjective). It seems that most girls my age now want a top 1% er if they don't meet him naturally.

• Author
AceTheBrain7
7/10 is top 30%. Not top 10%. Now we're getting more realistic.

Thing is though, if you were all you are painting yourself to be, you'd be in high demand socially, have ample opportunity to meet women and in turn, they would be keen to meet you and date you.

Dude did you miss the part where I said I would be okay with a 6/10 girl if everything else aligned properly? I'm not asking for a beauty queen. I am in high demand socially. I do all sorts of fun stuff with different people

but none of them know any cute, athletic, high quality girls with no kids in the age range I want

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not huge. I still look very athletic and natural. The few women I've been with in my life all loved my physique. I'm shooting for a physique kinda like Thor or Captain America in the Avengers

and yes I do work 50-60 hours a week. Unfortunately nowadays, you're not making real money (150-400+) unless you work that much UNLESS you're some rich family trust fund baby who had a great job spoonfed to you but I don't count those people as successful. I knew a rich kid whose dad give him job as a general manager at a dealership making 400K at 28, ridiculously undeserved. He was barely qualified as a porter if he didn't have those connections

Edited by AceTheBrain7