Where would I go to meet guys alone?

• Author
My Gawd Alpha? Who the heck has time to sit around 2-3 hours waiting on some man to hit on them? OP, are you working on your looks? Because if you look good you can just walk down the street and guys will hit on you and ask you out.

I think I’m good in the looks department, however, I don’t get hit on-not on a regular basis because I don’t get dolled up and show skin when I’m doing errands. I only get dolled up when I go out to the bars/clubs and that’s when guys approach.

So take a bit more care with your appearance when running errands. It doesn't have to be a full face of makeup or revealing clothes but be aware that every time you are in public is an opportunity to meet someone. There used to be a strategy about meeting other singles in the grocery store. I rarely go shopping in late afternoon but I happened to be in a store a while back around 4 p.m. on a weekday. Most of the other customers were tradesmen without rings buying what looked like groceries for one.

• Like 2
Wallysbears

You don't need to be all fancy to go to the grocery store. A nice pair of yoga pants, well fitting top and a cute pony tail or baseball cap will get plenty of attention if worn with a smile.

• Like 1
You don't need to be all fancy to go to the grocery store. A nice pair of yoga pants, well fitting top and a cute pony tail or baseball cap will get plenty of attention if worn with a smile.

please, enough with the yoga pants already :rolleyes:

• Like 1
I think I’m good in the looks department, however, I don’t get hit on-not on a regular basis because I don’t get dolled up and show skin when I’m doing errands. I only get dolled up when I go out to the bars/clubs and that’s when guys approach.

It's not about being dolled up. It's how you feel when you're dolled up. So no, you don't need to look hot, that only gets you men looking, not necessarily approaching.

• Like 1
mark clemson

Try meetups that are centered around activities: hiking clubs, game nights etc. I went to one called Leashes & Lovers so you could bring your dog. It's a pet thing not a kinky thing.

Uh huh. :)

I’m a bit shy so I’m not the type to go up to a guy to ask a question. I want to go on a Saturday night when it’s busy. My plan is to go to a bar where live music is playing-there’s a piano bar/band that plays-I figure it’s less awkward than just sitting at a bar alone at least I’ll be looking at a stage. How long should I sit at the bar? 2 hours tops? If no guy guy approaches me, should I just leave and go to a club nearby-2 hours tops there too?

Absolutely, go to a bar who has a band or live entertainment because it gives you or them something to comment about and frankly makes both of you look less like lounge lizards. You know, it doesn't take much to encourage one. If, say, one you think is okay looking is between you and the ladies' room, walk that direction and smile and say "Excuse me" as you go by. That's really all it takes to break the ice. Then IF the guy has any interest whatever, this makes him realize he could say something to you or smile or whatever. After you return from the ladies' room might be a good time to go up to the bar for a drink in case he wants to sidle up next to you or something like that. I mean, it's all hit and miss but a tiny gesture of friendliness and approachableness does wonders.

I wasn't that shy (except sometimes when I was feeling inward) and would do outrageous stuff like run excitedly up to guys at a gig and say things like, Did you see Timothy Hutton (prominent actor at the time] go by this way? Hahahaha. There was no Timothy Hutton. But it was hilarious because they'd start looking and talk to you again and even might see you another night and come up and go, Did you ever find Timothy Hutton? And then I'd be like, Nooooo :( you know, you look a little bit like him from the right angle. I mean, what does it hurt? People love to be entertained, whether they believe you or not.

• Like 1