The Dreaded Space Question

I'veseenbetterlol

She is in the process of moving to a new house which i knew about and was on board with. The issue is she told me yesterday that she needs time to figure out who she is and when she moves into the new house she doesn't think its a good idea to stay over at my house when she doesn't have her daughter. This is something that came out of the blue, absolutely nothing in the past months to even indicate this. Its calling now into question what this means for me and us, and whether everything she has that indicates she loves me and is happy has or is a lie.

My head is spinning right now with so many questions and scenarios mainly due to me being surprised. I dont know how to take this, not sure what to do with this and feeling completely overwhelmed.

Any tips, advice.. anything other than my crazy thoughts...

That is concerning. Asking for a couple days to get situated is fine. When I need to study, I tell my bf I need a few days to myself. Telling you she needs to figure out herself is a classic nice way of breaking up. Like another poster said, this sets up a way to make it look like its all on her, not you. Personally I'd rather have a straight break up then nonsense like that.

I'veseenbetterlol
When someone tells me or shows me that they want space. I become NASA. They can contact Houston when they figure out what their problem is. If they take too long, they may not have a place to land their aircraft. In the meantime, I am living my life, making plans, doing as I damn well please. If/when they contact me again and want to pick up where things left off, it's not going to happen the way they think it will -- assuming I'm still interested.

I refuse to be put on a shelf while someone with whom I've been in a mutual relationship decides unilaterally what will happen with my life.

This is good advice! One guy contacted me 3 months after rejecting me w/the its me, not you. I wasn't available and wouldn't have tried again even if I wasn't seeing anyone. If she wants space, give it her. If you happen to meet someone else while she has her space, well too bad!