Updated assessment of OLD on POF: don't waste your time

ps , and sorry nos , hope l wasn't butting in , know how you hate your threads going of track.

OatsAndHall
I’m sitting here scratching my head. Is it that much harder for men doing old?

I’ve did match and pof, haven’t had any problems with guys contacting me, in fact I had to hide my profile on pof because I couldn’t keep up with all the messages and I like to actually read profiles before I respond. It seems rude to read, but not acknowledge someone. I’m pushing 50 myself, so it’s not age, but I really am not understanding how a guy could only get a date once a month or so?

OLD for women: dig through dozens upon dozens of messages and look for someone that piques your interest. So, many potential suitors to pick from.

OLD for men: spam out a few dozen messages, get about ten responses, hopefully land a couple of dates. So, fewer suitors to choose from.

With regards to Match, I believe that the wide variety of metrics coupled led to fewer dates. Women have to vet men that message them and I imagine most start with their criteria. I may have come up as a "match" but I was around an 80% "match"; no dice. POF has fewer metrics and, if I was really pushing the pace, I could get a date or two per weekend via that site.

Edited by OatsAndHall
  • 2 weeks later...
Trail Blazer

I found POF had a few fake profiles, but plenty of girls in my area. I connected with a few cute ones there. I did find some of them a bit flakey/non-committal. I wasn't on it long enough to really know how successful it would have been for me as I met someone on match not long after joining POF.

Recently I signed up for POF. I did their relationships needs assessment and the chemistry results, added a nice profile and 3 pictures. As soon as I hit the submit button instantly I was REJECTED! No profile allowed. I reached out to POF customer service and they eventually got back to me and said that

"For the safety of our users, we have an automated system in place which flags suspicious activity on POF. Regrettably, your account was mistakenly flagged by this system, and deleted. We apologize for the inconvenience."

When I pressed more about why did their system find me suspicious they said

"Unfortunately We do not disclose confidential details about our users."

I have not been able to get any other information other than that. Years ago I got kicked off of match.com because they said I was one in a million and they couldn't find a match for me. :lmao:

• Author

Two interesting observations...

I wasn't on it long enough to really know how successful it would have been for me as I met someone on match not long after joining POF.

Kind of support for my own and a general 'match is better than POF' vibe.

And ... I recently let my POF 'upgrade' lapse. So the site has sent me a couple of emails to try to suck me back in. Their list of alleged 'good' features:

Ads-Free POF Experience

You show up first on Meet Me

See who wants to Meet You

You can see if someone has read or deleted your message

You can see the date and time someone views your profile

Up to 16 pictures!

And it increases your chances of meeting someone by 530%!

The ONLY one that has value to me is being able to see women's reactions (read or deleted) to my messages. But I've got to laugh at the 530%. I met ZERO women from POF in the last year. What is 530% of zero? :p