Single people have more time to themselves

Single people have more time for leisure

Single people tend to exercise more

Single people tend to sleep better

Single people have more money too :bunny:

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix spacing
  • Like 1
.....Its such a strong desire to connect on a romantic level with a woman, that it does make it hard for me to be single and not really getting why that is. Then again. When I do look around me. Relationships between Men and Women seem to be up and down for the most part. Good luck having everything smooth all the time.

Yeah that last bits are true , even l'm wondering again right now myself.

My things showing some nasty cracks right now and tbh lm just about ready to give up on love.

l got to be married 20yrs, and then l stumbled over an incredible thing later on, but that just couldn't work out but still , incredible non the less and l still feel very lucky to have lived it.

Maybe l should just be grateful and call the whole concept a day from here.

There are so many different ideas here, people are truly unique and we are not all seeking the same thing.

I remember when I was younger and all my friends were partnering up, getting married and having kids. Those times could be brutal, but only because I was comparing myself with others. I thought at that time that relationships and marriages must be like heaven :p. But there I was facing myself for the first time, acknowledging that my motivations were different from others.

Now in my mid 40's it is the complete opposite. Most marriages by my age look like prison. At some point two people were infatuated with each other briefly, they had kids and bought a house. Now there is no way to leave because they are both old and no one wants to be homeless:laugh:. That is how most marriages seem to me after the couple has been together over 20 years. It is about convenience and having two people to run a household. It mostly becomes about who is pulling their weight and doing their chores properly. Not taking out the garbage can lead to fighting, yelling and possibly a divorce.

This is probably the best time in my life right now and I am single. However, I know things would be different if I had not had the benefit of being a client of sex workers. I have sex with some of the most beautiful women in the world. It is to bad there are not established services for women that are affordable and easy to find which help them find similar satisfaction.

Would I enter another long term relationship? Yes, but that person would have to be an extraordinary and exceptional human being. There must really be a reason for it. There are just not many people like this on earth. Therefore, most of the time a relationship is just not worth it.

If you are having a family that is different. Marriages are essentially sacrifices of romance in my eyes. Each person gives up their romantic love with each other and accepts diminishing passion with time so that children can be born or perhaps the couple is seeking some other long term goal..

Fix spacing

This is why l'm always just gobsmacked when l read people here saying people get married for regular intimacy.

Ahhh , that to me would be the stupidest reason of all to get married and actually one of the downsides.

Diminishing is sure enough , l don't call having to sleep with one person the rest of your life a reason to get married at all .

Take my hat of to anyone that can manage that feat.

OatsAndHall
Single people are more social

Single people have more time to themselves

Single people have more time for leisure

Single people tend to exercise more

Single people tend to sleep better

Yup and when I date, I look for women that won't seriously detract from any of these areas. A woman that wants to date me has to understand that I will plan dates and spend time with them but I still need my solitude at times. If I stop considering spending time with them to be leisurely, then it's time to move on. And, I'm still going to spend time with my friends and I'd hope that she does the same. If I'm out fishing with my buddies and she's at home, waiting for me, we're not going to make it. I won't give up my exercise routine for a relationship, period. And, I can't be with a woman who doesn't understand that I need MY side of the bed in order to sleep. Bed time is bed time... It's not cuddle time for me. I've got my ear plug in, I'm situated on my portion of the bed, wrapped in my own blankets and I'm out.

I think it very much depends IF someone has had a relationship before, enjoyed aspects of it and has that experience. For me, I think if I have that at least once I could walk away and live single with little difficulty. However, if you haven't experienced that then its a lot harder to reconcile being alone and you will always wonder what it would be like.