Getting bored in the evenings

• Author
bathtub-row
Exercise, cook dinner for kids 2-3 nights a week when DW comes home late, browse the ever fascinating interwebs (including LS), play in backyard with kids.

I like Nilfiry's post about mixing it up - should probably take that to heart now that the time's changed.

Some TV too, from the elaborate character-driven drama of Big Bang Theory to the light-hearted banter and witty repartee of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

Lol. I’m about midway through Breaking Bad. It’s been running in the background the last couple of nights - that’s a good thing. Been busy. I went to see the Boston Pops tonight. It was an outdoor event so I laid in the cool grass and looked up at the stars contemplating the universe. Haha.

• Like 1
  • Author
bathtub-row
That could be it! I've been in a sh*tty mood all week and I'm exhausted to the point of taking a nap from 4pm to 6pm, then going back to bed at 8h30-9pm. I have no idea what my problem is. Can't wait for this phase to be done ahah!

Hope you're funk will disappear soon enough.

Yeah, things need to improve! Tonight was good but all week people have been pissing me off and, yes, I was super tired too. Must be a seasonal thing. Hope your week gets better!

I do have these moments when I feel like not doing what I usually enjoy doing and just feeling bored and all. Wanting to find things to do but nothing really amused me or entertain me enough to stick on it.

What I usually do during these moments is just to keep browsing and browsing the net. Browsing FB to see if there will be funny meme's that will entertain me. Browse Youtube for whatever I can watch. But sometimes none of these works. Sometimes I play with my dogs - this never failed me but I cannot always play with my dogs at night so I can't do this every time.

You may try this:

* Watching new recipe on Youtube and try cooking them.

* Watch ASMR videos.

* Watch makeup tutorials and try them.

* Watching a video about thrift shopping - I enjoy them sometimes.

* Just keep browsing and browsing. - Browse FB or IG

• Like 1

I find squash quite good!

maybe that you spend a lot of time thinking/ writing etc,

some physical activity, get you moving is what you need

• Like 1

I am the connoisseur of hobbies mate, I've done about 50. Ask me if you got questions!

• Like 2

I've been feeling a bit the same way too. I used to fill my evenings with social stuff (dinners, drinks, etc) or working or studying. But now a lot of my friends are starting to move away, whether it be across the city or to other countries, either way it gets more difficult to see them as much as I'd like.

I've toyed with the idea of doing a social sport - but I've never been good at sports. I'd like to get back into music (as in, playing instruments), although it's more of a solo venture. It would be good to make new friends in my local area, but I'm not sure where to start. Maybe it is time to mix it up and try something completely new...

• Like 1